Devs, Please restrict casting on (charmed) pets by players not in group. #greiffing

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MMOer, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Boosi Lorekeeper

Allize drops gems. I'd dispell and kill it.
  2. PatchNotes New Member

from today's patch notes:

- Rare and boss NPCs in Charasis can no longer be charmed.

why this isn't game-wide already, is beyond me. At least, game-wide on TLP's.

signed,
    an enchanter (one that wants to end this griefing)

#DBGPLZ
  3. NoWay Augur

Have logs and fraps running, they dispel petition simple as that. We have this problem because people cry and do nothing.
  4. Dilf Augur

Agnarr really is the true classic experience we have been waiting for! A whiny cesspool conglomeration of neckbeards!
    MaxTheLion and NoWay like this.
  5. NoWay Augur

So when that mage auto sends pet we will hear the crying that the mage gets all the kill everytime?
  6. Xanathol Augur

As many have pointed out, on the flip-side, when the mage bots roll in to KS you / yours, that charm may be the only way to stop them. DBG needs to do something about that just as much if not moreso.
  7. Rhodz Augur

I vote do nothing
    Keep fingers out of code unless required! Then run it black and blue on test.
    No one knows unintended consequences like long time EQ players.
    Think yall may have forgotten that..
  8. Azurefrost Elder

Unless they make it so all named can't be charmed, then they should do nothing about being able to dispell pets. Because if that was the case every Enchanter or Necro (dead) could just charm whatever rare they want and run off with it even if you were half way through killing it. No one would ever be able to get a rare spawn if one of these just rolls in whenever and charms your stuff. Being able to break it is the only way to even have a chance at the mob you were waiting for.
  9. Rhodz Augur

Doing nothing seems like a plan
  10. Moardots Lorekeeper

ITT: A lot of P99 rejects and people that haven't played EQ since 2001 and were extremely casual back then that are having a hard time adjusting to how EQ works these days. My suggestion is to get used to it. It's been this way for like 5 straight TLP's and I'd be shocked if Agnarr was any different. Adapt or die. Competition for mobs has become a huge part of the excitement and fun of the game for me. There's no part of me whatsoever that wants to go back to the handholding carebear "everyone respect my safe space!" type of gameplay. If that's what you really want P99 is available.
  11. Xanathol Augur

As someone who has played for most of EQ's 18 years, this is completely inaccurate. Being a nuisance to others is not the way of EQ for the vasy majority of players. However, there are a handful out there that it would serve well for the GMs to pay a visit to.
  12. MaxTheLion Augur

You see, that's the problem though. The vast majority aren't affected or don't care either way. It's the vocal minority that can't handle things that demand change. It's this demand that the developers for some odd reason tend to listen to and it screws the rest of the players for no real reason other than a few temper tantrums being soothed.
  13. Moardots Lorekeeper

14. Moardots Lorekeeper

Can we get some bully-proof windows installed in Norrath asap pls?
  15. Fessor111 New Member

If named charming gets nerfed, dont be angry at the people here. Rather the enchanters abusing it, to take over multible camps and ksing
  16. Fessor111 New Member

I loved my SK when you could swarm endless mobs, but i would never ks a zone from someone, even if there was no instances
  17. Green_Mage Augur

The fact that people know that Enchanters are griefed this way and most still don't want to do anything about it, tells you a lot about people feel about Charm.

And LOL at this whole "keep TLP classic" mentality some posters have. Hey guys, this game is nothing like EQ during this era. It has changed a lot before TLPs were even launched. It has changed as different TLP's have launch. It will change again, deal with it.
  18. Rhodz Augur

Well see there is this little social nicety thing that goes like this:
    Thou shall never ask for nerfs.

Whole lot asking for nerfs far beyond that little fiasco in OOT so yeah if it happens finger is going to point at exactly the ones that was askin if ya catch the drift. Not that it really matters all that much since a new nail to be driven down will present itself and many of the same will be calling for it.
  19. RiplyAnklebiter Lorekeeper

I know I shouldn't feed trolls, but you sir have no clue what your talking about and are obviously the one who was not "hardcore" back in the day. Being hardcore had nothing to do with being a to others, it was about the race for contested mobs and a massive time investment. Farmers and kids were the of classic EQ, same as today, the hardcore were to busy raiding.

I definitely don't want a nerf to happen, but I say remove the ability for enchanter to hide behind the rules then. If you wanna KS, fine don't petition when I dispel and you see "Loading please wait...". Same goes for mage armies, you wanna pull everything? Ok let me help you pull the rest of the zone. It's not that we need nerfs or new rules, we just need to remove the ability to hide behind them. Boils down to needing more customer service really.
  20. Lateryn Augur

I think its funny people are linking the grief part of the rules as support for it being not allowed to dispel a charm. Hell one line in that rule is broken all day by chanters with extremely strong charms : Monopolizing most or all of the kills in an area.

Go to seafury island and watch a chanter with alliza charmed, will take 75% of the mobs around you and GL out dpsing that pet hasted. Or charming AC then gating with it.

And this happens all over because charming is so powerful. Charrasis change was put in because of charming that spectre and the insane exp from it. Maybe it's just a test and will be rolled out game wide if it works, who knows.

I do expect something to change for charm pets eventually. They came down hard on pets and charm pets are miles above them in power with obviously more risk.

Imo dispelling should be allowed, especially in cases of protecting your mobs/named/rare. But obviously what shouldn't be allowed is following around a specific person and dispelling their pet over and over long after they moved away from the mobs you want.
    TLP Addict likes this.