Monks get tracking now?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by HELPMEPLEASE, Jun 21, 2017.

1. HELPMEPLEASE New Member

So I was in North Temple of Veeshan watching my tracking waiting for dragons to spawn when a monk logged in. Okay no problem right? I have tracking I have the upper hand right?,.,,,,,,,

So I start running to the first dragon I saw to spawn in nearly 3 days and when I get close Im now following a monks train to that dragon...

So since when did monks get the ability to track....or was somebody using some third party software to track mobs?
  2. Ankarv Harbinger of Nightmares

Could be luck, could be hax who knows
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Considering the monk logged in right when the dragon spawned means he could have been camping it and has the spawn time down to a T. I used to do that with Lord Seru- had it down to 2 minutes on the correct day of spawn. And that cragbeast thing. Both have days between spawns but can be timed if you work on it.
  4. SonOfABiscuit Augur

Yep. I did that with BB in PoMischief for shrink clickies back in the day.
  5. HELPMEPLEASE New Member

No he didnt log in just as the dragon spawned he logged in and was feign death no where near the dragon spawn for afew hours
  6. Darubious New Member

Back in the day, the spawn timers were on time. Now, raid mobs have a minimum spawn timer of 3 days +0-12 hours, so having the spawn timer down to a T on a lot of mobs is not possible, unless of course you are checking hourly. :p So yeah, anyone that says they have raid mob timers to a T needs to read more patch notes... Specifically from 3 years ago or so when that change was made.
  7. Cicelee Augur

Sounds like one person knew exactly (or pretty darn close) when a mob would spawn, and the other one did not...

EDIT- never mind. Read that the monk logged in hours before spawn. I guess best thing is to not use tracking in the future and just sit on a spawn spot and wait...
  8. Kronko Elder

every class get "tracking" if they want to cheat =) its widely used on the tlp servers you cant use the program that shall not be named but there is other programs that show a map where every mob is and from what I've been told it is not detectable so they have to catch you in the act even then the burden of proof is on DB to decide if they are using said 3rd party program.

Also if when that mob spawns it gives a zone wide message they could be using Audio triggers to know and if that's the case i don't see how they can do anything about it except maybe remove the ability to use logs on servers that are not supposed to be able to use these programs but there is a way around everything you can clearly tell when people are using third party programs. Video them and put it in your petition on them. =)
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I wish folks would not say something is impossible. Be nice and say it might be hard. But I have 10 Lord Seru mounts for my alts. He is a 3 day plus +/- ? hours spawn. Spent less than 2 months getting those 10 mounts, including patch resets. The last one I got was last month. So while it may be hard for some - it is not impossible. And no I did not sit in the zone waiting or check hourly - was too busy doing other stuff.
  10. Sasquatch New Member

There are programs out there that would help that monk find those spawns without tracking.
  11. Darubious New Member

Smh. You must be one of those people that get in forums just to argue. Re-read what I wrote. Facts were stated about the current spawn time situations. Now, while I am not even close to interested in your endeavors, I have simply stated that keeping exact spawn timers on a lot of raid mobs is IMPOSSIBLE. Why? because they changed that specifically for progression servers a few years ago and the spawn changes are shared by all servers. This was not the thread to hijack at a chance to brag about the amount of times you have killed seru. You don't have to agree with me, but I am 100% correct. Good day.
  12. svann Augur

You can report him. If you are wrong then nothing happens and no harm no foul. If you are right they keep an eye on him and as they have ways of detecting that software he will eventually get his ban.
  13. Sasquatch New Member

People still get banned? Ive seen suspensions, never hear of bans any more. DB makes no money off a ban.
  14. Darubious New Member

Reporting usually works well.
    /cheers
  15. svann Augur

/shrug
    Some guy just posted a rant in vets lounge about his friend getting an account banned. I guess they do.
  16. LongStroke New Member

Well its no secret that people camp mobs. They kill the mob set a timer. (ie Alarm clock, egg timer) for the amount of time that it takes for the server to respawn the named. This is called Perma camped. happens mostly on FV Server and Brekt server.
  17. Taschxi New Member

Monks don't have tracking and you do not actually know if he is using hacks, there are many other possibilities than just the 2 you came up with, if you see him do it consistently yea but if this is the first time you should give him the benefit of the doubt.