When will storage be addressed?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Deux, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

When will item storage be addressed? The current methods of storing tradeskill items is clunky and cumbersome especially in light of trying to have access for multiple alt characters.

Can we ever expect a container or possilbly NPC that we can store our tradeskill items which can be easily accessed by multiple characters?

Other storage crowd pleasers...
    -Increase stack size to 999 for all stackables...i.e. change the 20 & 100 item caps to 999
    -Ability to dye or color code containers to identify what is in them
    -Possible custom containers designed for specific items...i.e. Gembag for gems, Hidesack for hides, etc

[IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    moogs, Gyurika Godofwar, Pani and 4 others like this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. SevrinSevendust Elder

I can think of so many things about storage, personal banking, and guild banking that needs a trash can, broom, and some code streamlining.
    Dre. and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  4. Inady Lorekeeper

What I have done is I made a free to play character who holds all my bits and pieces I also hold a lot but we can pass items to each other via trade it works well for me with what he has on himself and in the bank
  5. Nightmares Augur

I have MANY accounts that are full of mule characters, like a ton of people. These accounts aren't paid for, and will most likely never be paid for, but they are used for space. It's a burden on the system, the Developers, and the company to have so many additional accounts just for this use(especially during server merges and the like).

I would love a "Trade-Skill Personal Bank" vendor; with like 1000 stack sizes and 500 slots.
    Not only would this be great for bank space and all, but if you had an advanced search method for that bank vendor, you could easily find things. There would also be the added benefit of these bank vendors in guild halls or residences, where players may have access to all the trade-skill combination containers used in trade-skills.

( I would also love to see NPC tradeskill venders, like the ones in PoK, able to be bought and placed in guild halls as well; just like the General supplies vendor). Just 1 difference.... have one vendor for all trade-skill items in game that are purchase-able from vendors in the game. So items from the Othmir in Cobalt Scar could be bought from GH, as well as other items around Norrath. Maybe with a Bazaar window type search engine.

I mean they could even be Marketplace purchased npc's, like the guards.
    1.) Imagine a place-able NPC in guild hall or Personal real estate that allowed you to use a right-click menu to select a particular trade skill and a particular wares table.... kind of like how we go through the spell gems. Right-click the NPC and you'd get a menu to select trade skill type, and then sub categories for more specific things.... Like tools that those trades use, containers for combining, Coals for the different ores, Threads for different pelts, Patterns, molds, etc. By going through the menu, you could go directly to a vendor screen with those particular wares for sale.
    2.) Or maybe a Trade skill vendor with a Bazaar type window, again with all the purchase-able trade skill items in game available. but you could use sliders to select which trade skill you are looking up, then sub categories for tools, Molds, Patterns, Threads, Coals, etc (could even have all the scribe-able trade skill books on it).
  6. SylSyl Lorekeeper

I already have a container with close to 500 slots that can be easily accessed by multiple characters -- it even works across accounts. I call it a house. In fact, I have several of them just for tradeskill storage.

It has its own quirks and limitations, of course -- it could be better. But it works (until entire neighborhoods disappear).
  7. Whulfgar Augur

Additional bag / bank slots .. Thought this was the reason for alts in the first place ?
    Geroblue likes this.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

At one time I used houses but as your limited to 300 non placeable items out of the 500 and most tradeskill stuff is non placeable then I ran out of room fast. Currently have close to 20 houses (and alts but I am co owner) but I flipped it around (get it?) and put all my other stuff like spells, future armor, guide event rewards, etc in the houses and get big bags for my banks for the tradeskill stuff.
    Hiladdar likes this.
  9. Ishtass Augur

Clunky item management, would love something a little cleaner.
    Miss_Jackie likes this.
  10. Jiggs Elder

Storage in todays game is not as bad as some make it out to be. Here is what I do...

Each character can own 3 properties. Each home you buy from the Loyalty vendor in PoK (if you look at the lore tab of the house) can hold several hundred non-placeable items. So each character can have up to 900 non-placeable items.

Each account by default has 8 total characters. Eight characters multiplied by 900 equals 7,200 non-placeable items.

That is a lot of storage !!!

Property upkeep is relatively cheap as well. You can set default payment using different in-game currency. For example, chronobines. Sticking a couple hundred chronobines and about 1k plat will keep your property from expiring for a long time.

Each of my characters holds specific tradeskill items... one has spell research stuff... another has smithing stuff etc.

When you place a stack of 100 of something it is counted as one item.

You can add people "access rights" so they can remove or place items in the house. I added all my toons to each house access list.

When placing items in the house they are placed (by default) in alphabetical order. So finding items is never really an issue.

There is an /output command that someone told me about so you can read it on notepad but with my system I never really needed to use it. Forgot the exact command.

Hope this helps some.
  11. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

/output realestate

You can get a list of all /output commands by typing /output in-game.

Also, while it needs some work (sorry, no search, but at least it is in alphabetical order), this will list all items on all characters and houses (the All Items tab): EverQuest Inventory Report
  12. Beggly Augur

I have to agree here. I have the same problem. I've been getting to the point where I have characters who's bank bags are over 1/3 tradeskill item bags. I have Tradeskill item bags in the shared slots just to handle distribution. I have characters who are specializing in specific TS's just to make it a bit easier. I have created accounts and characters to act as mules. I have created additional guilds to allow more options for storage. I have bought housing in order to add storage. At some point it becomes too difficult to remember who has what and where I put it and how to distribute new items. Sigh.

Isn't there a tradeskill vendor in POK which will store some tradeskill stuff for you? When the servers open up, I'll have to check. Anyway, the basic point is, tradeskill item storage is still in the medieval age and we have progressed to the modern age. Let's see if we can't fix some things. Maybe a specialized banker in the guild who just stores tradeskill items, but unlike the guild loot storage, this one is formatted like a regular banker, but is accessible to all characters on the same account or even in the same guild? Anyway, just an idea.

Oh, just had a thought. Maybe you could modify the tradeskill trophy quests to include a trophy 2.0 that creates storable tradeskill containers that are bigger than 10 slot bags? This would help, I think.
  13. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Maxed tradeskill trophies also produce a 24 slot tradeskill component bag in addition to the 12 slot general carry-all.
  14. Taschxi New Member

18 year old games owned by investment firms will sometimes not have a cost effectiveness for work needed to old code
  15. Ming Tee Augur

Man /cringe at the thought of playing live and all of its elite clusterfreakness.
  16. Pootle Elder

ALL stackable items with a 'Tradeskills' tag should stack to 100 at the bare minimum. (preferably in the 500 range)

I have a alt with her bank filled with Extraplanar Tradeskill bags, and even that is not enough, Im sure at least 4 other alts across my account have random bags filled with TS items, I just can't face trying to organize them.
    Fanra likes this.
  17. Aurastrider Augur

As mentioned above housing storage is where it's at. Made my own alt guild with my own hood and have 60 houses. Bag storage is out dated and a complete waste of time outside of looting imo. Place an anchor in your yard and offload when bags are full. Merchant right there to sell. Can place tradeskill tables and such in yard to make items. Only reason I have to go to POK is to buy mats and that's if I don't have a toon there on standby to buy and parcel to me.
    Aanuvane likes this.
  18. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I really don't think the item space or numbers are an issue. I would infinitely rather they find a way to fix the whole thing with having all bags and inventory slots showing on the screen at once without 4-5 of the bags 'disappearing' because too many items are on screen at once.
    Except that nothing would really change even if they did all of your changes; why? Because if people have their mules filled to the max now, then they are going to do the same within weeks of any changes. None of the mule toons or accounts are going to be deleted or removed; they are going to stay right where they are, but taking up even more space and memory.
    This was how it was long before Columbus Nova bought the company. In all honesty, the players have seen more investment into EQ as a game (if not the staff), than we had during the last 5-8 years under Sony.
    The people with these issues are really the outliers. Between housing and the bigger bags, most people have few issues with item space. The people with these problems tend to be people who save any and everything that even says tradeskill on it even if it is something they will likely just sit there taking up space and could be re-obtained in a few minutes. The other person that might run into this would be the consummate trader/buyer who is always buying low and selling high, but still has to hold his inventory that builds up while waiting for people to buy at the prices he has set.
  19. Aurastrider Augur

if you are a true hoarder here is what you do. Step one make your own guild. Step two purchase your own housing area which is cheaper than buying a big bag from the market place. Step three buy plots and houses in your guild that you now have access to every plot. Once you make your house add all your alts as co owners. This will grant them all access to each house. Once you do this dedicate houses for specific items. Tailoring house, smithing house, JC house and so forth. With 60 houses currently I have it setup like a well oiled machine. I have sorter houses for when I just want to dump my bags and get back into the grind. I go back and place those items in the appropriate house at a later time.

There is no more logging in twenty alts and opening dozens of bags to see where things are hidden. No more moving items from one bag to another. You simply run onto your property and hit shift i which brings up your housing inventory. Everything is listed like it is in a merchant window. You can add and remove things very quickly and find things in seconds instead of spending minutes or even longer. The issue is not bag space its people still doing things the way they did them 18 years ago. Embrace the tools you already have in game and make good use of them. As stated above place an anchor in your yard so you can port directly there after a grind session and unload in seconds. There is a merchant located right there to sell vendor trash. You can place tradeskill tables and things to produce items on demand. If you run 3 or more traders/barters place them all in the same alt guild and have them throw down a fire in the bazaar. Anchor to housing area and they can fill their satchels in seconds and port right back ready to rock and roll. You are only limited by your imagination here really.
  20. Moege Augur

I personally do not trust the housing too much, lost some houses never to be refunded. Then I was not sure what was in them anyway so probably not that important. The own guild neighborhood sounds interesting. Will load quicker than a public one with creative housing ideas.

Here is my setup.
    1. Make 5 characters all on the same account if possible
    1.1 Make names that you will remember
    1.2 Silk/Pelts (e.g tailoring drops)
    1.3 Ore (smiting drops)
    1.4 Blood/Plants (poison item)
    1.5 Brownie parts */Meats/etc (baking) (this is the only character that has vendor bough food/drink)
    1.5 Other (anything that does not fit in above)

2. Equip them with bags
    2.2 Character (1 mixing bowl, 7 extra planar)
    2.3 Bank (24 extra planar)

3. This will become your mantra, parcel to the mules !

4. Once a week/month log in the mules to retrieve parcels
    4.1 Non trade skill items goes into the mixing bowl that is sold to the nearest vendor
    4.2 Only full stacks gets moved to the bank

5. Hotbutton: /outputfile inventory c:/eqinventory/<charactername.txt>
    5.1 After parcels is retrieved before logging. click this button
    5.1.1 I have this button on any character I play, that way anything can be found.

6. This is the profit step
    6.1 Open a text editor that can search multiple files e.g (Notepad++)
    6.2 Search for what you want
    6.3 e.g blood
    General2-Slot3 Iksar blood 1858 2 6
    Bank5-Slot6 Iksar blood 1858 20 6
    SharedBank1-Slot1 Royal Kromrif blood 1858 1 6
    6.4 Notepad++ shows you in which file it was found and since the outputfile dumped to character.txt file ...
    found 2 Iskar blood on character -- 2nd bag 3rd slot in the bag
    found 20 Iskar blood in character bank -- 5th bag 6th slot in the bag
    found one Royal Kromrif blood in the shared bank -- first bag 6th slot in the bag

* Yes. I had to mention chocolate
    ** Really wish we could make a hotbutton that would run before eq /ex /q or /camp
    ** Have to investigate mapping to ctrl-alt-x that switches to correct hotbutton page and clicks it