Daybreak is suspending for training but not camp stealing.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aowar, Jun 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phantom Ghost Augur

How will I AE PL?
  2. Your_Ad_Here Augur

EQ2 does a mob lock system. First to do damage locks the mob BUT you can only have no more than around 5 or so (IIRC) locked on you at any one time. So no locking down a large room or zone, as you might be able to hit other mobs with your AoEs outside those you have locked, other players can get them.
  3. Boosi Lorekeeper

First hit lockout is stupid and encourages 3rd party auto hit shenanigans

System is working as intended currently
    code-zero and NoWay like this.
  4. RangerDave Lorekeeper

Yeah, this was my experience back in the day as well (2000-2005 for me). Even though SOE's official policy was the same as now - i.e., that camps weren't enforceable and training had to be witnessed or confessed to for them to intervene - the player consensus against camp-stealing / KSing and willingness to ostracize people with bad reps was much stronger, and there was a dedicated team of Guides and GMs (who were usually players themselves and thus shared the players' disdain for such behavior) who would actually show up in game to adjudicate disputes and dispense some on the spot justice. They would often monitor /petitions and even receive direct /tells in near real-time, and they had tools that allowed them to observe in-game while totally undetectable, enabling them to witness KSing and training for themselves, and then they'd frequently port the bad actor out of the zone, strip him of ill-gotten gains, or, in rare instances, send them to the infamous "Kitty Room" for a few minutes as a short time out. Account bans and suspensions were still formal punishments that were only meted out if the formal SOE policies were violated - because when that happened, actual real world dollars were being implicated - but there was a meaningful degree of less formal, in-game, GM justice that got dispensed pretty regularly. It was very much a "stop being an ***hat" / slap on the wrist kind of thing that usually was just enough to end the immediate bad behavior and reinforce the social norm against KSing / camp-stealing.
  5. A Wonderer Journeyman

Come across Mezikus and Rezikus being DPS raced by a group of people in Sol B when it was clear they were going to lose Rezikus trained them, funny thing was that the group they trained cleared it all and got the loot so jokes on them.

Funniest thing is a Cleric is called Ayen? (Truncidation) they're trying to be bags by taking high value loot in Kithicor they tried to train away the named Dark Elves they got tracked by a Ranger the mobs they trained away killed them and the group of players got the loot again.

GG
  6. Phantom Ghost Augur

Wonder if its Trucidation from AA or BDO... if so they are trash.
  7. Kronko Elder

there is no spoon or camp :p
    Rhodz likes this.
  8. Ultrazen Augur

It most certainly does. It causes the loss of exp that you should rightly have for the mobs in that camp. It's exp you otherwise would have had. Trying to make a distinction between the two is specious, and one of the problems in the entire logic or lack of it as per DBGs.

Kill stealing and training are both more or less the same things. They are both anti-social/sociopath behavior, that disrupts play, breaks a social contract, and denies other players loot/exp/fun they otherwise would have had.

/shrug. Enforcing one and not the other is a particularly bad idea, as it encourages situations where people are going to get heated and escalate things. Breaking a camp, in some spots, can be a real pain in the . It's really infuriating as a puller to have someone screw with your spawn for instance, because part of being a puller, is setting up the respawns so things flow well for your group. Kill stealing isn't just disruptive on a momentary basis, it's disruptive to long periods of setup and respawn. When you killsteal my camp, you've wasted usually at least a half hour to an hour of me trying to set up our pulls.

This idea that people should just be punching bags for sociopath bullies is nonsense. I try to avoid conflicts whenever possible, because life is too short, but the one thing that will set me off is bullying. There is a principle at work here. Sportsmanship, respect for others, not being a complete waste of human space. Those are things worth fighting for. I know we live in an age where concern for anyone else is vanishing, but I'll be damned if I give in to it.
  9. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Same exact thing can be said for someone occupying a camp just by calling it for long periods of time.

If everything is occupied in the area then expect a DPS race sooner or later. It's just part of the game.
  10. MaxTheLion Augur

Nah, dawg. That's like saying that because you have a job, you can spend inordinately since the money you might earn in the future is already yours. The whole idea or terminology of "Kill Stealing" is flawed in this sense since it leads people to believe they are losing something that was theirs to begin with. There is no stealing since there is no ownership. This is ultimately a discussion of morality and you should demand the people go to Sunday school with you to set them straight.
    Illusory likes this.
  11. ECrack Augur

Other than this reply simply to point out the pointlessness of responding to this thread. This is not worth responding to. You want to remove the last thing that makes the game any form of competitive. The reason this will never change is because of open world raid targets. If I need to elaborate then you're not at a point in your experience with this game to have a soap box to stand on. So sit down. You can stay and compete or you can uninstall. Trust me, no one will care whichever one you decide.

Welcome to EverQuest.
  12. Ayen New Member

13. A Wonderer Journeyman

Came across this delightful young child today

[Sun Jun 18 12:17:22 2017] Dylon says, 'if you take our mobs again by charming'
    [Sun Jun 18 12:17:26 2017] Dylon says, 'I will train the out of you'
    [Sun Jun 18 12:17:28 2017] Dylon says, 'fair warning'

Part of the Imperium Deus guild, I believe he is new, if that was me I wouldn't want such a toxic child in my ranks.
  14. code-zero Augur

For everyone who thinks it was all peaches and cream back in the "old days"
    In 2002 Norrath had a richer economy that China and India
    The reason anyone even looked for that was because of the ubiquitous RMT that was going on.

If you don't like that article it's easy enough to find tons of others.

As it relates to the issue of camps. Almost anything you do to try and enforce camps will make RMT trafficking a lot easier. I'd not be at all surprised if some of those excellent customer service reps back then weren't collecting a little check in the mail on a regular basis in appreciation of their efforts to enforce camps
  15. RadarX Augur

As this has resulted in a number of forum guideline violations, we're going to close this up.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.