Server Transfers RF -> LJ

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Bewts, Jun 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bewts Augur

With the recent developments...

Can you transfer a toon from RF to LJ in the future?

Inquiring minds would like to know.
  2. The one called Loto New Member

Recent developments?
  3. Protocol Dragon Defender

LJ cleared PoP like 11 days faster than RF, so now the servers are tied for unlock time.
  4. Silinius Augur

Faceless dropped Quarm at 11:59:10 on Friday; 6/16 (Unlocked on Monday at 12:01 - of course we had the same issues as Ragefire with about 7-8 hours of stones flipping back and forth between locked and unlocked and PoTranq being down).

Regardless, in theory, the servers are now on the same unlock cycle and transfers to and from should be enabled.

Can we get a Dev to chime in?
  5. Tudadar Augur

Transfers should be enabled for sure. No reason to make one of the servers preferred by only allowing xfers to it.

I recommend they be merged personally, but at least allow 2 way xfers. These servers are more then 2 years old now with 2 newer ones available. It's best to not give one the chance to die out like vulak.
  6. -wycca Augur

Transfers seem like a no-brainer at this point. Seems silly to allow one way but not the other when theyre in-sync.

As far as a merger, it seems logical from an outside perspective. Curious if the guild leaders or players on these servers have a strong opinion either way.
  7. Semah Augur

I wouldn't favor a merge right now. Ragefire has a pretty active raiding scene at the moment, especially considering that the majority of PoP content isn't instanced.
  8. Drelik Lorekeeper

Merge in OoW.
  9. Yanster Augur

When raiding zones become instanced it could work .
    False Prophecy Tempus Yeti Darkwind have worked out a progression plan for PoP .
    Growing guilds have also created a rotatio system for Luclin .
    Ragefire is presently saturated on guilds versus available raid content .
    In its present statu . With only Plane of Time being instanced , adding more capable raiding guild would only break the harmony of the server .

Yanster . Guild Leader of < Darkwind >
  10. Bewts Augur

I don't know where merging came from. It is admittedly the best long term solution that DBG has yet to confirm or deny they can actually do now.

The saturation on RF could be alleviated if transfers were enabled from RF -> LJ now that in theory both servers will have the same expansion release window.

All those that fled for greener pastures may be looking to return.

Plus, LJ did catch up to RF which is an interesting development as well if DBG will confirm launch dates have synced now.
  11. Rhodz Augur

Well unless a dev speaks up or better it becomes an action item successfully executed, it is a guess but evidence suggests mergers are history.

Transfer between those two should be opened, they are now identical.
  12. Lifetap Augur

merge, keep name Lockjaw, add crocodile AoC's
    jeskola likes this.
  13. jeskola pheerie

I 2nd this propose
  14. Adonhiram Augur

To merge LJ and RF, there needs to be a demand of the player base, not isolated but repeated initiatives on these forums. And this demand does not exist, at least on Ragefire, which is far from a desert server as recent events showed.
  15. Silinius Augur

Frankly, I'm not in favor of a merger until Omens at the earliest. I would just like to have server transfers opened both ways.
    Adonhiram likes this.
  16. Communist Puppy Augur

You really only need plane of time to be instanced, youre in pop for 6 months and youll want to kill yourself after 3. More guilds really doesnt disrupt much, as time gear vs everything else from pop is a world of difference.
  17. Gandolfinidagreat Journeyman

Ragefire doesn't want a server merger because they know they'd never beat Faceless to anything meaningful.
  18. AgentofChange Augur

They could probably open transfers both ways when LDoN launches, as that will be the first time both servers will be even.
  19. Bewts Augur

I believe that LDoN is tied to the PoP unlock date, so there would they may not be synchronized until GoD?

It would make sense to enable transfers at some point after that and in the time leading up to GoD however.

My guess is if they'll enable it, it would align to the GoD unlock.
  20. AgentofChange Augur

Oh, then I suppose that makes sense then. I'm pretty sure this question was brought up when they originally posted how the transfers would be done. You may have even been the one who asked the question.

I believe they answered it and said that transfers would open up the other way if the situation arose. I don't feel like digging through past posts though maybe someone else does.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.