Instance Discussion: Plane of Sky

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MabbuAgnarr, Jun 14, 2017.

1. MabbuAgnarr Journeyman

I'm surprised no one else has started this thread already, so let me be there first.

Can we talk about the random mobs spawning all over the place in PoSky? Then how about bosses that are up when the instance opens that shouldn't be until they are triggered.

Examples:

-Bee's from Island 6 roaming the zone/camping islands they have no business being on. One of which being the Queen Bee trigger on Island 3 at times,... thats fun btw lol.

- Keeper of Soul's being up when instance is opened, instead of being triggered up 50-60 minutes from the first Is;and 4 trash being killed. Keeper of Soul's despwn's eventually but shouldn;t be up to begin with until triggered.

- Protector of Sky is also up at the start of the zone, allowing guilds to kill it twice in the instanced, once intially, and then triggering a second one by killing Azarack's on Island 2.

Killing the noble Cycle multiple times
    Overseer of Air + the Hand of Veeshan being up as soon as the zone instance opens, which allows guilds to trigger them all multiple times as well.

Triggers
    Killing "Noble Dojorn" spawns "Overseer of Air"
    Killing "Overseer of Air" spawns "the Hand of Veeshan"

So a guild could do the following currently in the instance:

Kill "the Hand of Veeshan"
    Kill "Overseer of Air" to Trigger another "the Hand of Veeshan"
    Kill "the Hand of Veeshan" (2nd kill)
    Kill Noble D'jorn to trigger Overseer of Air
    Kill Overseer of Air (2nd kill) to trigger "the Hand of Veeshan"
    Kill "the Hand of Veeshan" (3rd kill)

I hardly doubt the dev's intended to allow players to kill the final boss in the Efreeti Cycle 3 times per instance.

Fixs

Remove the following bosses from spawning when the instance opens:
    -Overseer of Air
    -the Hand of Veeshan
    -Keeper of Souls
    -Protector of Sky

As far as the Bee's romaing the zone, I'm not sure how to correct that, and I'm honestly nervous of any attempts to fix this which may result in the true Island 6 Bee's ceasing to spawn correctly if you do try and fix it.

------------------

Any other issues with the Sky instance anyone else has experienced?
  2. AgentofChange Augur

Not relevant for classic, but the fact that you can call of the hero in the sky instance is also kind of hilarious.
  3. MabbuAgnarr Journeyman

I actually did not realize that. Thats a nice quality of life change, but because it allows you to circumvent the keying process I would agree that its no good.
  4. Aegir Augur

Just wait till you get to Instanced Temple of Veeshan. It's in a pretty fun state atm.
  5. ranluwen Journeyman

+1 please fix.
  6. MabbuAgnarr Journeyman

I wonder how much fun it would be to try and split Island 8 with Eye of Veeshan and 3x Hand of Veeshan up at once lol.
  7. Protocol Dragon Defender

Currently all triggered mobs are spawned when you pop an instance. The bees are all the second tier in the bee splits, the three normal bees should still be up on their island. Hopefully devs can get this fixed during classic.

In the mean time guilds should remember you can invis past all the bees; also note that they will despawn about 65 minutes after the instance is opened.
  8. That One Guy Augur

This happened on phinny.. during Luclin maybe? I remember getting 3 aow out of an instance.

They fixed it and it brokeded again????
  9. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

I remember we used to get two CT's and two Draco's in PoFear all the time, but they did seem to fix it finally.
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Thanks for the detailed info. This is not intended and we will get it fixed.
    Ryak likes this.
  11. Rhodz Augur

I agree, keying is not good. :)