How can I level faster?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by durxll, Jun 6, 2017.

1. durxll Journeyman

Aside from potions? Like, someone gave me 15 plat, can I buy a good sword that will level me faster? What are some I can buy in 15 plat range? Im a ranger.
  2. Treiln Augur

What level are you? What server are you on?

1-10 Tutorial
    10-20 Crescent Reach / Blightfire
    21-25 Hot zone (upper guk)
    26-30 Hatchery instance in PoK
    30-45 City of Mist

Pretty quick leveling using this.

As for what sword? 15 plat? Nothing really. Try to find Crude/Simple/Rough defiant gear appropriate for your level range. Should work well enough. And use a tank merc. It's like a personal Power Leveling service up to 60
  3. Drusi Augur

It really depends on the server but the defiant sword for the right level should be pretty good.

Depending on the baz it could even be down to 15 plat but more likely 50-1000plat depending on the level.

Also there are some decent and nice ranger specific weapons that are likely to be pretty cheap. Search /baz with restriction Ranger, 1hs or 1hb or 1hp and your level.
  4. Grove Augur

The power of a weapon more often depends on the level of the character and the related weapon skill of the character than the weapon itself.
  5. Yruc Augur

If you are on one of the live servers then run to the guild hall and beg a few buffs and a damage shield from a mage or druid and go to town. Or buy the heroic character upgrade and instantly get level 85.
    If you are on the new server Agnarr then best way to level up his to hit the popular places and grab a group. To see what areas are popular just watch the general or lfg channels to see where people are looking for groups or for more in all the time.
  6. Scorrpio Augur

On live, 15p is chump change. When I got back, I did a try-out tutorial in Gloomingdeep, and by the time I finished it, my character was lvl 10 and had a fair bit if starter gear, all spells and over 100p. If you hang around a hot zone where people grind xp or some place where a higher lvl farms tradeskill stuff, check the corpses they leave behind. You might have a full set of decent gear in no time.
  7. Coagagin Guild house cat

On an established live server you could probably politely ask in general and get assistance in the form of a full set of level appropriate level armor and a weapon. On Povar I see 92-98 level gear given away on a fairly regular basis and if you caught me with a little tradeskilling time I would likely help you for giggles and help someone starting out. Particularly a new player. That is if I felt your being completely honest and forthright about the situation at hand.

Don't come across like a beggar but as someone truly new to the world, be a little patient and ask good questions and I am sure folks will be happy to show you the ropes.

- Coa
  8. Magibrew New Member

DPS Caster Merc:

I have a severe case of Alt-itis and I found that the the caster merc is amazing for melee classes. Engage the mob and set the caster to Burn. The mob goes down fast enough that healing isn't an issue. Additionally J1 casters can take more of a beating than you so you don't take all the damage.

If you find your skills are lacking, switch to a healer and pull a yellow or red (if you know it's range) and swing away with little fear of death. Into your 60s not so great but still doable.

Also the J1 caster has an AE setting if you want to pull multiples.

Just my two cents
    Khaelum likes this.
  9. Khaelum New Member

Good post, Magibrew. After our talk yesterday, I'll have to try the caster dps merc sometime on an alt. This is your guild buddy Kadriss btw.

10. Smak Augur

I heard you can level up to 70 or 75 just by getting task added while sitting in pok or something, or it may have something to do with collection quests. but ask around and see if you can find someone who has done it.
  11. moogs Augur

You may be thinking of this, but it's not exactly just sitting around in POK.