Return to Phinny now?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Lumiens, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Lumiens Augur

So I have been playing on Agnarr since it launched and something just doesn't feel right about it. I am just not enjoying it at all. I think maybe its a combination of the super fast exp rate plus instanced raiding that it makes the game feel like its set to super extreme easy mode taking all the enjoyment out of it.

What is it like to try to level up a new char on phony now or find groups or a guild for my lvl 60 rogue that I had there and try to catch up in Aas and gear to everyone now and find a raid spot there?
    UNDEADCRUSHER likes this.
  2. Rovell Elder

Probably easier to pick up with the 60 rogue than to start over unless of course you don't like the rogue. If that's the case, then leveling something new is doable, just groups outside of exp bonus weekends are a bit on the low side.
  3. Raltar Augur

Phinny has instanced raiding as well. So if that is one of your downsides, it's on both servers. Then again, Phinny is about to(or has already?) go into GoD when most of the raiding became instanced anyway.
  4. UNDEADCRUSHER Elder

I agree it feels cheap to get anything done because the exp is so easy to get. Total agreement with this post. Also the high exp rate attracts people with no patience and a-holes.
  5. Protocol Dragon Defender

You must not have enjoyed the other six progression servers either.
  6. Machentoo Augur

Keep in mind Phinny is getting faster xp in about a month too. How much faster, we don't yet know, but it could well match or surpass Agnarr's rate. I think that will be a plus for most people, but sounds like it may be a downside to the OP.
  7. DariyaVika Augur

If you want to play a challenging game, Everquest, live or TLP, isn't it. You'll need dark souls, or other games that require good reflexes and 100% of your attention.

Everquest has never been a difficult game. It's always been a grindy game, and it was a punishing game for the first 5-6 years of its existence. But it has never been difficult.
    Zahel and andross77 like this.
  8. Kiani Augur

I very much doubt it will be close to the "normal TLP" rate somehow.

To the OP, groups on Phinny are not common, but they are around. It's still possible to level up a new char without being PLed.

The problem with classic is there isn't much to do after 50, instanced raids actually help with that, but there aren't that many of them even so.
  9. Numiko Augur

Ngreth said on the exp rates by server:

the only way the list will change is if Phinny's exp rate matches or exceeds the ones above it as it is the only server about to unlock GoD.
  10. RandomStrategy Augur

Dark Souls is just a steep learning curve. I wanna be the Boshy is where it's really hard .
  11. UNDEADCRUSHER Elder

Dark Souls isnt that difficult its just about figuring out how the monsters behave and you can do that in one run through, its a fun game though. EQ is much more difficult.
  12. Boosi Lorekeeper

Lol

"Exp is too fast"

Good one
    Risiko likes this.
  13. Risiko Augur

Experience on Agnarr seems perfect to me. If it is too fast for you, then the Phinigel server is probably right for you.
  14. -wycca Augur

Yep good observation. The boost then would make Phinnie pretty fast, and pretty much negate the leveling QQ.
  15. Lumiens Augur

I took Thursday and Friday off for agnarr launch and hit 50 by that first Sunday afternoon pugging my whole way with no static. Over the past 2 weekends I made a new alt on Friday night after I got home from work and hit 40 on them both by Sunday night with no bonus exp weekend.

There is always 100 plus people in their 40s now lfg during prime time every night on Agnarr.

If anyone is looking to grind a bit on Phinny and doesn't mind my 60 rogue joining you please PM me on here.
  16. Agrippa Augur

So people rushed leveling, then complain that exp is too fast? I have a 15th druid and 5th paladin. Just taking my time and doing all of the quests that I can here. Shame the expansions will continue to be rushed on *every* TLP.
    andross77 likes this.
  17. RandomStrategy Augur

I've got a 37 Paladin and I've done tons of stuff so far, Silent Watch Shield, Ghoulbane camp (though, I got really lucky and got it in about 2-3 hours, or roughly there if I remember right). I also spent time farming/fishing/stuff and am sitting at around a 175 Smithing making fine plate orders for people (and when I get some more materials, Field Plate orders, but that's much more time intensive).

I took the next three Fridays off because I had the vacation time and need to burn it so I don't go over my vacation cap, so I plan to level up to 50 over the next couple of weekends, get planar geared, hopefully get a guild (I'm in one now, and I love the people, but I think a smaller, more focused raiding guild is more my style) that will be up for killing dragons so I can get the Fiery Avenger and later, my epic. I spent a lot of time in a guild on Ragefire, and despite being fully capable raid force of 60-72 and we were taking down minibosses, VSR, Faydedar (the Druid Summoned), Zord Ragefire with no issue whatsoever, the leadership just did not want to go for a dragon, and that was really depressing.
  18. Fluid Augur

Agnarr is in a 'camping for fun and profit' mode. If you don't enjoy that aspect of the game, it will be boring until the next expansion hits. I only understand parts of the camping mindset. For instance, I took a level 14 magician into Najena and there were half a dozen level 24+ players in all the camps so I gated out. This is self correcting in that eventually everyone on the server will have all their focus items but in the meantime some of the drops like the stein are selling for 100-200 pp.

Some of the stuff I need explained to me is why a level 50 Rogue would be in the main instance of Blackburrow slaughtering everything in the dungeon. Problem is one person killing everything means everyone else leaves and there aren't enough players for a second instance of the zone. It doesn't rise to the level of asking DB for relief. i.e. Took a long time but ended up taking my Magician alt from Steamfront to Najena to Blackburrow to Permafrost in one night just to do some dungeon diving, all because of high level players dominating the zones & preventing instancing.

Just for the record, Najena isn't the only zone with the focus drops and I used the less known ones with my main such that my alt has all four required drops for his focus items and half his epic no drops. I do the same thing, I just try not to interfere with young players trying to level. I found myself wishing DB could serve two masters, the high level farmers and the young players trying to level. Code like this is already in the game with the early game like Lady Vox<?> where if your character is above level 52, you get booted from the zone. It would be a friendlier game if a level 50 character entering a zone was automatically booted to an instanced zone instead of spoiling a newbie dungeon for a dozen characters.
    Agrippa likes this.
  19. Challengered New Member

The raiding scene is slow and or very casual compared to Phinigel for some reason. I already went back to DBC to get ready for GoD and haven't looked back.
  20. Somnium Wintersun New Member

Most likely working on Burning Rapier quest (to make Blackburrow Swig).
    Fluid likes this.