Massive tell, channel, and zoning lag on AB server

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Adroxia, Feb 19, 2017.

1. douxreve Elder

AB is the only server down
  2. cadres Augur

And down in middle of raid. ETA Fix?
  3. Aurelio Elder

Server down, no lag anymore, problem solved...
    Imrahil, Yinla and cadres like this.
  4. Adroxia Elder

It's back up now, but pretty much a wash out of a raid night with this server performance, crash, and lag.
  5. Sashnia Elder

I am really sick of this server, please can you either fix it or move the EU server back to the US, the European hosts are doing an appalling job at keeping this stable and useable.

If contractually you cant do that perhaps offer us all some server transfer tokens?
    Margot Heart likes this.
  6. Mizar Lorekeeper

Can we have our server transfer/merge now ?
  7. Nilzera Journeyman

ok.
    you DBG. and you can ban me. thanks. bye.
  8. Asmadeus Journeyman

Well, our folks logged back in, but we had dz yet weren't in dz and couldn't kick dz or get a new dz... basically can't do the raid we were trying to do, or any other one either; geez.
  9. Adroxia Elder

Well the lag began in anger at 18.51 UK time on the server. It seemed a bit slow, but manageable until that point.

And now we're back to the 30+ seconds on various channels again.

Can you seriously look at your logs about this and work out what on Norrath is going.

Copied into a new thread, as this one is likely not even read (if it ever was!)
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I finally get in after being on the loading screen for 5 minutes, this is some horrendous delay. None of the other servers I tried are lagging remotely as bad as AB does, this is nuts.

LOL 30 seconds I was online, I open my bags to see what I have left on my trader & I get kicked back to server select to be told "you already have a character logged in"....yeah, no s**t Sherlock.

A timeout occurred.

A timeout occurred.

Please wait while the currently logged in player is removed from the world

A timeout occurred.

A timeout occurred.

Please wait while the currently logged in player is removed from the world

Client crashes.

The Server requires that you logout and log back in before proceeding. Please do so.

Back in again...
  11. heruthemonk Lorekeeper

This is now truly a joke, honestly at this point it's clear dbg dgaf about euro players.

BTW I do not have the same lag problems on agnarr, pinny, or emar

<insert comment about number of accounts and pantheon looming>
  12. lolly Elder

there really is no point in posting problems with AB server - no one from Daybreak is listening !
  13. RadarX Augur

We appreciate everyone letting us know about ongoing issues you've noticed on this server. We do have folks looking into various technical solutions and will provide an update as soon as we can.
    Imrahil, Yinla, Roobi_AB and 2 others like this.
  14. Jumbur Improved Familiar

15. RadarX Augur

We are continuing to look into this issue, but in the interim if any of you could make a character on Vox and let us know if your experience significantly improves, we'd appreciate it.
  16. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Made a level 1 on Vox, and while I didn't found someone to chat with to check for chat lag(I don't know anyone on that server), I did notice that my ping was 185 ms on Vox.
    On AB the ping is around 40 ms.

The chatlag on AB is usually worst around european raid time.
  17. Kable Lorekeeper

Ping was 85ms on Vox, AB is 170 still laggy.
  18. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Regarding ping times, Im playing from Denmark.
  19. Vaako_SK Lorekeeper

Usually happens during raids, and I'm guessing all AB raid guilds raids at the same times sunda/ monday..
  20. Asmadeus Journeyman

ping are pretty much unrelated, though :)
    You don't need anyone to chat with to test, just join any channel (even if you're alone in there) and talk there as echo lag is usually the most reliable way to tell.

I've just made a character as well and it is not too bad right now - I feel chat has been more reactive at times (takes almost half a second to show up) but given >200ms ping it might be normal, and it's not faster on AB at the moment.
    Will try again at various time of the days, including when AB lags to compare.

The lag is pretty variable and there are moments it works well just as there are moments it doesn't.
    On the other hand, I can say american players on AB do lag when we do, and euro players on rathe and phiny don't (as I know AB folks who still play there regularily) - will confirm for vox specifically as soon as I'm confident.