Massive tell, channel, and zoning lag on AB server

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Adroxia, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Imrahil Augur

The issues are bad (had to cancel raids early), but the real insult lies in the total and utter lack of reaction from DBG's side.
    I have played this game since 2000, but I have had enough now. I will not pay another cent until this is fixed. My account runs for a few more weeks.
    FIX THIS POS SERVER!
  2. Sheev Lorekeeper

zone denied entry, EQ crashed. Really cba with this crap.
  3. Asmadeus Journeyman

And RadarX just moderated the questions about AB on live update thread out along with Ngreth answer that he cannot do anything about it /sigh

Starting to despair that we're going to even get an acknowledgement there is a problem.
  4. Aurelio Elder

Yep, you even get a warning for posting on wrong topics.

But if you do not get any feedback on the right topic for months, what else could we do... The way they act, we react.
    Yinla likes this.
  5. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Hmm, if you make a petition, you get told they only handle end-user support(a fair stance imo), but if you mention it in a bug-thread for live servers it gets removed, why?

AB is a live server last time I checked, and I assume the chat-lag is a bug, and not an intended "feature"! :eek:
    Granted, it may not be a programming-bug, but it is still a bug, and I assume DBG does have a technical networking staff specialized in this sort of problem... ?:confused:
  6. Asmadeus Journeyman

"live update bugs" isn't "live servers bugs" - the thread's stance is to only get new issues so they can check what changed recently and fix that.

There honestly isn't any proper place to report this, aside of maybe in-game /bug, but that command is a one-way sink as well...
    https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-1530 could work if they took it seriously, but it's not getting much more love - you'd expect the issue to at least come up to some "DGC-something" state by now but it's still only "reviewed by moderator" so it means no-one at daybreak bothered taking this up.

If everyone from the big guilds left on AD (Pikeys/sod/RF/AD) petition at once maybe they'll be annoyed enough after a while :/ Or maybe we'll just all get warnings/suspended, no more player to complain means there's no more issue right? :D
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'm sure most members in the top 3 of those guilds have all petitioned in the last week, those guilds have lost all guild hall items! Not to mention personal housing items have also gone walkabouts.

AB is in trouble, a lot of players are talking about not renewing subscriptions when they are due. Unless they want the raid guilds on AB to die it needs to be fixed ASAP.
  8. Mizar Lorekeeper

Even if they have made numbers and they have found it's more profitable for them to allow the server to die silently I find hard to believe it's better to lose a few hundreds of loyal old time customers than make a simple most cost free transfer/merge to any low population US server and shutdown EU infrastructure. Maybe it's time for AB players to write and sign a public open letter to the EQ community manager and get things sorted, as the worst possible way out is the one we are having now: no communication + no solutions
    Margot Heart likes this.
  9. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I have been wondering why it takes so long, I have several guesses:

1. There are no-one at DBG competent enough to have a clue what the problem is, so the are just ignoring it, hoping it will go away by itself after awhile.
    2. They know exactly what is wrong and don't intend to fix it, and for some reason, they refuse to acknowledge it. :confused:
    3. They know something is wrong, but because of ABs location at a third-party hosting company, it is unclear who is responsible for fixing it.
    4. There are severe internal problems in DBG and everyone expects to get laid off within the next few months anyway, so they don't care. :eek:
    5. There is a legal conflict between DBG and AB's hosting company, because of the poor performance (breach of contract), and no-one is doing anything to fix the technical issues, before the conflict is resolved.
    I think reason 3 is the correct answer, but whatever it is, the population on AB are the real victims!! :(
    I can't figure out why DBG is so quiet about it, though? :confused:
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

6. Its all being loved to US anyway, so soon won't be an issue.

LOL purely speculation, only Daybreak know what is going on or not as the case maybe. I'm hoping fixing the long zone times on all servers may also help with AB's lag and other issues.

WTB a patch to find out!
    Jumbur likes this.
  11. Kable Lorekeeper

If you noticed they gave a response once someone posted about pickzone for HH Old Seb but not a single response from this thread in months.
    Imrahil and Jumbur like this.
  12. Kyzvs Augur

I don't raid so I don't know how much it affects you guys - in 18 years it's never appealed, but don't hold it against me ;) Even as a grouper though, the lag is pretty annoying. 30 seconds for a campfire to appear. Over a minute from licking a PoK book to starting to zone - you think the zone is down, so you run off - engage a mob then poof you are on your way after all. Please DBG - I want to support you and pay for my time on your servers, but not if I don't get a cluster worth playing on.
  13. Kyzvs Augur

^ Maybe licking the PoK book is my problem... :p Oh for the want of a 'c'
    Imrahil likes this.
  14. Soju Elder

This is the part that bothers me as well. Any sort of "We are looking into it" would have been great.... but it has been ongoing for so long now many have just given up.
    Yinla likes this.
  15. Vaako_SK Lorekeeper

So, massive lag just hit AB again :(
  16. Sheev Lorekeeper

More of the same cr@p.

Disconnects, Lag, zero acknowledgement.
  17. Adroxia Elder

Half the raid LD at the same time! Lag is back as worse as it's ever been.

Whatever you were doing about 3 hours ago - do that again.

Whatever you just changed that caused half my raid to go LD and a massive 2+ minute lag on chat channels - please stop doing that.
  18. Sheev Lorekeeper

Ah the server has gone down now. Forget it DB, I'm going to go watch some paint dry. Will be more entertaining.
    Imrahil and cadres like this.
  19. Vaako_SK Lorekeeper

Seems it crashed completely now
  20. Asmadeus Journeyman

Looks like servers just went down, woo. But yeah, lag was better than usual earlier, a miracle.