a good way to avoid a lot of complaints

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by moogs, Jun 9, 2017.

1. moogs Augur

Disable Kronos on TLP servers.

You're welcome.
    Miss_Jackie, Rivitt and fransisco like this.
  2. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Why is this on the Veterans Lounge? Besides that, it would be a terrible idea. People would simply shift the complaints to not being able to pay for their accounts via the Krono they already have.
  3. moogs Augur

Because the ridiculous level of greed fueled by TLP activity carries over to the rest of the servers and the complaints end up here.

Incorrect. Log into a character on a normal server, use the Krono.
  4. Smokezz The Bane Crew

And you don't think people won't just do their trades for Krono on a live server, give item on the TLP server? Don't be naive. It would open up a huge fraud avenue and even more complaints.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I don't see them ever disabling krono on the TLP servers and doing so but still being able to pay for the account by just logging on to a live server makes it a toothless attempt anyway. And As Smoke says opens up more possibilities for fraud.

It would make more sense just to make everything no trade on the TLP servers if you wanted to curb greed some but even that won't work. Daybreak makes more money off krono per sub then all access per sub and the activity on TLP generates a lot of krono sales.

I guess you could totally isolate the TLP servers with a separate subscription requiring cash and make most items no drop but Daybreak would have to feel they would gain enough subscribers to offset the lost income from kronos. While I am sure Daybreak employees would love to see positive and friendly game environments on TLP servers the ultimate decisions made by management are profit margin based. And we have seen the profit margins for TLP servers do make them pay special attention to them so if they figured it would be more profitable to remove krono from TLP servers it would have already happened.

I don't play on the TLP servers but doesn't the amount of greed based activity start to die off some as the server gets older or is it still hard core gold rush days, claim stealing even after a year or two?

The Live servers populations are not more mature then TLP they just have less greed issues because the demand for items is no where as high. New server with a high population means super high demand for everything and lots of RL money to be made. On the regular servers there are still greedy people it is just not nearly so rampant. You still see greed rear its ugly head when things like a new hardcore zone start up and people try to camp multiple pickzones of the same named.
  6. Vanrau Augur

Disable Krono on TLP servers and then farmers will just start framing plat again. Daybreak is making money off the sales of Krono. They will never disable this for any server.
  7. fransisco Augur

Kronos are the worst part of any TLP.
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Even if they got rid of krono and made almost all drops No Drop it still would not end the greed issues though it might reduce them a fair bit. Having to travel to a corpse to buy something rotting because it is No Drop would be much more work then meeting a seller to buy an item.

Plat sales would be reduced because they would be no high priced items to farm plat and plat would not be as coveted because you couldn't gear up as much with it. Plat sales would still happen there are still a lot of things to spend plat on but farming it would be reduced to lower value items too. It's hard to sell a lot of plat if you don't have a way to make a lot of plat.

But I don't think players would be happy with all gear becoming no drop and not having access to krono so I don't see that happening.
  9. Vanrau Augur

This is the reason why these TLP servers are popular until gear becomes NO TRADE. It makes Daybreak money by people buying Krono. They aren't going to remove Krono because of that.
  10. svann Augur

Man walks into the complaint dept:
    Man: I want to complain.
    Complainer: You want to complain! Look at these shoes. I've only had them three weeks and the heels are worn right through.
    Man: No, I want to complain about...
    Complainer: If you complain nothing happens, you might as well not bother.
    Man: Oh!
    Complainer: Oh my back hurts, it's not a very fine day and I'm sick and tired of this office.
    Python
  11. Agrippa Augur

I'm honestly pretty surprised that they haven't reversed the decision of earlier devs when they made almost everything rot by design. I'd bet that they've made a hell of a lot more money from early TLP servers and Firiona Vie than the rot servers. Oddly, by the time they introduced the Bazaar, they had already effectively killed off almost all forms of trade by making nearly everything rot by design. They'd only make more money by reversing this stupid decision on all of the servers. In original EverQuest, nearly everything was tradable including dragon loot. Make it happen!
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Actually the opposite could happen. I would likely leave the game if the greed factor on the regular servers got notched up to that of the TLP and that is what removing no drop would do. It might taper off eventually but for a while there would be Real Money peeps going crazy farming everything to sell.

So can't speak for everyone but reversing that decision could be the end of the game for me. I see what just adding a new HH does to the greed levels on regular servers. I've lasted 18 years playing EQ without any significant break at all because people stick to the play nice rules mostly even if they are not enforced by Daybreak. As it is the chase loots bring out the bot armies we don't need to encourage any more of those to come out.

And the majority of people don't want those rules if they did they would be playing on FV. And if Daybreak wanted to expand that they would just open a second FV server.
    moogs likes this.
  13. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

As someone who plays, albeit casually on TLP servers. I get why people are upset by all the KSing and training in LGuk and SolB for Krono trade items. It sucks, it absolutely sucks. However, original EQ items also suck. You literally *NEED* none of it. You can also just play the game and farm the 1.2k yourself to buy a Krono with in game money to trade for that Yak. It's really not that hard. I'm rocking mostly Banded armor and I do just fine surviving. It may not be the most ideal way to play EQ - but really playing on Hard mode, crappy gear vanilla EQ is quite a bit less ideal than playing a normal EQ server, too.
  14. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Or, they could allow you to consume multiple kronos at the same time, for a month of increased spellcasts on all spell and abilities, the number of kronos consumed is a direct factor on synchronized spellcasts(for example, 2 x kronos = permanent twincast for a month, stacks with original twincast effects for quad-cast mayhem!!). think of it as a synchronized mage army(if you were a mage) without the network/UI overhead. Its a Win/win!!

Yes, that was sarcasm...:p

Seriously though, kronos brought the RMT-factor out in the open and made it socially acceptable, and i disagree strongly with the RMT-princible, my private economy and my characters economy should not be related at all. Its just that DBG got greedy and wanted their share, at the cost of the spirit of the game, Imo.
  15. Nolrog Augur

Isn't this horse dead already? How many times do I have to explain this, seriously.

Disabling krono does nothing to stop them being used on TLPs. People will trade the item on a TLP for a Krono on another server, thus increasing the risk for the buyer and seller.

How?

Give me that 5000 plat and then switch to Drinal and I'll give you the krono.
    <hands over 5000 plat>
    <krono seller disappers>

Now stop with this stupid ****.
  16. Nolrog Augur

Exactly. Log into a character on a normal server and complete the krono trade.
  17. Tucoh Augur

Bingo
  18. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

They will never disable krono but the only way to do it would be to have a totally separate subscription system for TLP (ie eating krono on a live server would have no affect on your TLP subscription). Doing that and making most items on TLP no drop would reduce the greed factor extensively but I don't see a reason for daybreak to do it. They fill a TLP server with people as it is.
  19. Hostility Elder