Tradeskill trophy evolution

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dbrane, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Dbrane Lorekeeper

Has anybody noticed anything fishy with these? I am 300+ in all 7 basic tradeskills and have trophies at 6/7 for each. However, i have not seen any advancement in any trophy lately.

I made around 80 merchant's feasts yesterday (triv 415) and not a single pct increase in trophy. Earlier today I made 60 immaculate leather mask templates (triv 488) same thing.

I know these skillups are slow, but this is crazy. I used to see a pct increase or so doing a stack of 20 combines, but as i said, haven't seen any evolution for a while now.

Either something is wrong or my RNG doesn't like me.
  2. Zahel Journeyman

I don't think it's RNG based, as you get 'experience' from combines that is a set amount based on their difficulty.
  3. Dbrane Lorekeeper

Regardless of being partly or all or not random at all, most info i have seen here indicates that you would expect a 1 pct advance on 10-12 combines of sufficiently high trivial level. In other words you would need over a thousand combines to evolve one level. I don't know if this is accurate, but I used to see similar results back when my trophies were actually evolving.

In my OP i specified that these were 415 and 488 trivial combines. If working as intended this implies (based on the number of combines i did with no advances) i am looking at more like a minimum of 5 to 10 thousand combines to evolve one level. That seems kind of harsh, so i am hoping this is a bug and I am not the only one noticing this.
  4. Ngreth Thergn Developer

There is a bug with the script that evolves trophies where if you have a skill of 350, they will not advance.
    There is a fix incoming in the FULL June patch.
  5. Dbrane Lorekeeper

Ok, thanks! That is good to know, so i don't go wasting a bunch of materials for nothing.

Strange thing is, I am not 350 in anything. Off the top of my head they range from maybe 308 to 325.
  6. GoldenFrog Augur

Probably is a thing (thus was found) but hard to imagine anyone 300+ without an already-max'd trophy, much less 350. For several reasons.
  7. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

It is a thing - I never really saw the value in maxing the trophy and wasting the ingredients until recently with the prize changes, but a couple of my skills i got to 350 without fully maxing it out, and after some investigation and help from ngreth it was determined i wasnt just stupid unlucky it just wasnt budging! ;) You can still evolve your trophies if you are 349 (I just did the JC one recently, but i relaly dont recommend it. I've been advising folks to get trophy, get to 300, top off trophy if needed, then go to 350, as it is much more difficult, expensive and time consuming to evolve the trophy at 350 then 300.
  8. Ngreth Thergn Developer

So there are two conditionals in the script... As it is on LIVE (not the internal; to go to live in the June Full patch)
    If trivial > 350 set trivial to 350.
    If skill >= trivial exit early.

This was not a problem of course for the MANY years that 300 was the max :/

When it goes live it is doing
    if trivial > 300 and trival > player max skill + 50, trivial = player max skill + 50
    which means the other check works :)

It is capped this way because experience granted is based on the difference of trivial and skill, and I want to limit it at the high end.