HH Seb pick zone?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Orbital101, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Prathun Developer

Verified that the Trak raid's cleanup script did not clean up the skeletons and shrooms. This has been fixed internally.
  2. Prathun Developer

Please petition to contact our Customer Service department. I'm not sure what their procedures will allow them to do in this situation. I suspect it is not feasible to remove the lockouts.
  3. Zarzac Augur

You should consider giving the raid a new lockout name with the fix, that way our current lockout doesn't hurt us. I would also suggest a change to a 3 day lockout as has been done for short term raid stuff vs a 5 day lockout.
    Fanra likes this.
  4. Cleaver Augur

There is a function in beta that does it when you hail the NPC. However it will take CS a week to respond anyway and by then the lockout will be up :rolleyes:
    Rivitt and Fanra like this.
  5. Qulas Augur

At the bare minimum, anyone who got a lockout last night should be cleared of their lockout today.

Essentially punishing people just for doing the content is ridiculous
    Zarzac and Sindaiann like this.
  6. MrMajestykx Augur

oh heck now see what ya ll gone and done... you have made Qulas scold you all!!! :)
  7. ShadowMan Augur

From what I have heard they went out of their, the devs, way to make testing this raid fully on test impossible. Only for that block to backfire completely by launching it without the chest populating after a win.

I would say a GM loading the instance for the guilds that completed it and then gm killing trak for chest loot to be distributed would be the minimum. If this was a full time event then it is what it is but to lose something like 15 or 20% of the loot due to duration when you actually won is just awful and only compounded if handled poorly for the 2 or 3 guilds that beat it when it launched.
  8. Dwavlin Journeyman

The red con Trak in HH Seb still is up on Luclin as of 6/8/2017 2:40 pm EST.

Will the raid situation be fixed on servers today on servers other than Xegony?
  9. Prathun Developer

A hotfix or a full update is required before an internal change is live. We are looking to do a hotfix soon(tm) for a variety of issues with Hardcore Heritage zones, especially Sebilis. When the hotfix has been completed, there will be a notification of it here on the forums.

I'm going to make and sticky a post I can refer to explaining the difference between a change that's internal (on beta) versus a change that is pushed out to live servers.

Nothing has been pushed out yet, not even to Xegony. On Xegony I repopped a pickzone of Sebilis that was in the Kunark dataset to the HH dataset, and then rewrote the scripts that handle the HH switchover functionality so that it will work correctly in a pickzone.
  10. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Thanks for looking into it so quickly, Prathun.

I highly urge you to reconsider giving this the standard limited time content lockout of 3 days instead of 5, if you have not done so already. There is precedence for this, such as Captain Kraznok, HH Nagafen, and so on.
    Zarzac and Fanra like this.
  11. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Since it is requiring hotfixes that will be in place "Soon" are you resetting the 4 week time on all of the zone versions to start over once those are in place so that we actually get 4 weeks of a properly(TM) functioning zone?
    Xeladom and Fanra like this.
  12. Prathun Developer

While it is unfortunate that the Sebilis Trakanon raid reward (among other things) was not working as intended for a day and a half, we do not plan to extend the duration of the Hardcore Heritage events. There is no concept of 'resetting the timer' on an in-game event.
  13. ShadowMan Augur

Durations of events have been extended in the past. And its not a day and a half for some its 5 days with zero loot. 5 days of a 28 day event (think it was said to run 6/7 to 7/5) which is a 18% loss of event for doing nothing but beating it on day one. You guys had weeks to iron this all out on test but purposely prevented that. Make it right for the guilds that beat it either by resetting their lockouts, giving them a GM kill for loot or extending it for issues of all being blocked.

You are fully aware that customer service is gonna just say acquire loot from further game play and will not reset lockouts or grant loot that never appeared.
    Ishtass and Fanra like this.
  14. Orbital101 Augur

4.5(5) days for those that bested the event through that 1.5 days. I was expecting the event to last a month with a 3.5 lockout as most of the other temporary raids.
  15. Vanrau Augur

Players on Phinigel experienced the same lockout problems when expeditions were bugged during Luclin and PoP due to instances not being tested thoroughly. Some were even 18 day lockouts from what I saw because of these bugs. That's not including all the crashes associated with all the expeditions because the expeditions were sending junk data to the client. You couldn't zone without crashing to the desktop. I don't believe those lockouts were ever reset by customer service. We already saw that the Gates of Discord expeditions had issues. I believe those were resolved on test however.

I know for a fact that the Trakanon raid was tested by live guilds. The problem is the current bug with the adds not despawning on wipe apparently weren't reported at least from what I can see on the bug threads. Maybe that's because raids haven't wiped in the event on test, I don't know. Test has also had issues with instances for a while now. I believe those were fixed recently, so that maybe the reason why this particular raid wasn't tested thoroughly.

Anyways, yes Customer Service needs to reset lockouts for confirmed bugs with instances that make it impossible for players to clear the event. However it looks like the event can be beat, just some of the mechanics aren't working properly.
  16. Bahdah Augur

17. Ishtass Augur

18. Sindaiann Augur

No extension on a duration specific event that failed on day one?
    Guilds that killed it day one eat a 4.5day lockout without currently any timeline on functionality which doesn't matter to them until Monday.......

This is poor poor testing and implementing practice. I get why ennui was there, but this event should of been tested in ENTIRETY on TEST to ensure it was FUNCTIONING before going LIVE.
  19. Prathun Developer

We were unable to complete the hotfix today for a variety of reasons, but we will pick up where we left off tomorrow morning.
  20. Rivitt Elder

Guilds that beat it on day one deserve a lockout!