XP Rates Between TLP Servers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Shanebear, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Rhodz Augur

This is the kind of stuff some old means we used to use to show us what was happening in EQ.
    I do mean exactly how much xp was being given on any mob. SoE hated that.
    Could not have that could we now.
    Yeah Live>RF>AG>PH is obvious, how much exactly would entail means that are risky or boring as F.

Meh devs say a lot of things *cough*Berserkers*cough*
  2. Kiani Augur

Well, my little test kinda confirms that RF and Ag are the same xp rates, though there is margin for error in there.
  3. Rhodz Augur

Meh somewhat but when the words "most similar to RF" are used by the same people it brings that to question. It's good enough now to deal with which is all really anyone ever reasonably asked.If RF is a bit faster good if not good but the dev did claim a difference.

I will say this much, after the dev post referred to earlier it seemed xp became faster on AG. Not saying anything was touched but hey is what it is right.
  4. Rhodz Augur

Kinda yeah but doesn't it seem faster now than it did on launch... yeah
  5. -wycca Augur

I've always been a huge fan of a Velious start. My main live server was Vazaelle - it was the first new server launched after Velious came out. Leveling up with 3 different expansions of content was a blast, plus alot of the Velious dungeons, exp areas, and itemization really helps those level ranges.
  6. Rhodz Augur

Yep
    Could stay in right there for a while so the content is absorbed.
    Makes a ton of sense and solves all kinds of problems.
    Anything but Classic(tm)
  7. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I'm almost positive the FAQ for Agnarr before it launched said the XP rate would be the same as RF/LJ. Phinny was designed to be a slower XP rate then RF/LJ, which is the main reason I never played there. After grinding to 50 on RF, I couldn't see myself doing it all over again at a slower rate.
  8. DariyaVika Augur

The most prevalent theory is that the slow xp on Phinny was a cash grab measure by Daybreak. They thought that most people wouldn't be boxing, so they wouldn't be consuming the huge amount of kronos that the people boxing 6-30+ characters on RF/LJ were. Their response was to nerf xp on Phinigel to encourage people to buy xp pots from the cash shop. During my leveling experience from 1-53 on Phinny, I can say that it seems to have worked. People were constantly popping pots to grind out a session in a good group.
  9. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Currently: Live>RF=AG>PH

This will change as expansions unlock so is only true until one of the servers in this list gets to GoD

a snippet of the script:
    int progressionServers = list.create( "Fippy", "Vulak", "Brekt", "Sleeper", "Ragefire", "Lockjaw", "Agnarr");
    int slowServers = list.create("Phinigel");
  10. Machentoo Augur

Any more detail about how much change we will see at GoD, or other expansions past GoD? Specifically, will Phinny be > Agnarr once GoD unlocks on Phinny?
  11. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Weird that Brekt is flagged as a progression server. I was under the impression it was basically the exact same as Firiona Vie.

So I guess this means Brekt beat Fippy to reaching Live servers? :p
    Chaosflux likes this.
  12. jeskola pheerie

greatest server ever (along with Combine). bring back Combine/Sleeper style prog! recruit a friend bonuses enabled, kill-to-unlock progression, live xp rates! make it an event server if you have to!

Also jaggedpine open during classic, etc!
  13. Machentoo Augur

With no lockouts. Please make this happen!
  14. Begile New Member

(heh) Been playing on Brekt. During Quarm I made a bunch of level 51's and now I go there and play those toons. I like the rule the free trade rule set too.
  15. Ngreth Thergn Developer

We are not sharing the values at this time.
  16. Protocol Dragon Defender

Are you able to tell us the exact difference between Phinigel (Slow) and RF/Agnarr (Fast)? Is Phinigel half the speed of Agnarr? One third?
  17. Rhodz Augur

Without sh***Q it is all guesses and agendas :(
    One is ok, the other like wading through mud with concrete boots.
    See agendas :eek:
  18. Machentoo Augur

Exact xp information is no longer sent to the client, so even with Sh***Q is is all guesses these days.

But, 20 level 1 mobs to ding on Ragefire vs 35 on Phinny is at least something to start with.
  19. Xanathol Augur

Nah, not a con issue. I meant even on higher level cons (ex the Hole).
  20. Rhodz Augur

No argument there.
    Rough math says one can literally eat two deaths a level on RF and still outpace PH.
    But then they can always play with other numbers to obfuscate the matter.

Too bad about no longer being able able to see some of the innards of this game, used to be fun figuring things out. Heh proves I've left my evil ways of the past in the past, as it seems curiosity is no longer tolerated.
    Different times different people