HH Seb pick zone?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Orbital101, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Orbital101 Augur

90 people in zone, zone constantly clear everyone fighting for spawn, slow respawn and Its not even prime time make this not so fun when our group can clear 3/4 of the zone by our self. With pick zone not working with lvl 40 mobs this is going to be a nightmare in a few hrs..
  2. menown Augur

95 people in zone right now with long respawns. It is getting quite crowded in here.
  3. Ghubuk Augur

Wouldn't it be better if respawn were faster as well?
  4. Feznik Elder

Working as intended. Its Daybroke games after all.:p They don't believe in quality control testing.
  5. Orbital101 Augur

It would help if most of the people on test would actually be testing... zone was mostly always empty
    Khat_Nip likes this.
  6. Brohg Augur

Arch Duke "Latol" :(
  7. Feznik Elder

Granted this a apples and oranges comparison since owning the latest expansion isn't required to test the Sebilis zone, but if they had not killed the test server population by requiring you to buy the latest expansion (latest expansions were always free before, they changed it 3 years ago to require you to buy?), there would actually be a healthy population on test currently that these issues would have been dealt with. Daybreak has only to blame themselves for this muck up.

More info here:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...r-with-bottom-line-implications.214270/page-2

That change around October 2014, caused a lot of Test server folks to re-roll on a live server, as there was no benefit for testing anymore.
  8. eqgamer Augur

Saw this coming. One of all time greatest zones gets HH tag and mass invasion ensues. Sucks to hear some things that were needed to make this an enjoyable run we're not implemented.
  9. Tucoh Augur

I gotta imagine the /pick feature is broken and they'll fix it. Seb has such high respawn times that a /pick should happen with ~30 people in zone like the EoK zones.

I also think they should decrease the respawn times. In modern EQ I'm cutting through mobs in 15 seconds. I remember Seb mobs taking closer to a minute per in 2000, but that was a long time ago.
    eqgamer likes this.
  10. Khlorene New Member

On test I was able to/pickzone over with upper 20s people. Though there was usually already a group in the other pick so I'm not sure if that affects it.

However I did run into the problem multiple times where I got a drop in a pick zone no one needed but we weren't able to get anyone else into the zone to loot it. Even campfiring in took you to the correct location but always the base zone. Also problematic for when you need to replace someone in the group but can't get anyone to pick over anymore. No big deal, except the only 2 camps we wanted were taken in the base zone.

Finally, tucoh has awesome dps. Most groups I had in seb took way longer than 15 seconds with trash. Nameds significantly longer still.
  11. Smokezz The Bane Crew

/pick works on BB.
  12. Orbital101 Augur

With lvl 40 mobs ?
  13. Goranothos Augur

Honestly, they should just instance these HH zones and leave the non-instanced version at the original level range.
    Dre. and Fanra like this.
  14. svann Augur

Ive heard that they made it too easy for "hardcore heritage". Maybe they need to bump up the levels?
  15. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Nope, it's working correctly. And yeah, the mobs aren't that hard.
  16. Prathun Developer

Sebilis is set up to load balance and it has been for some time. I tested whether or not a pickzone would spawn on a live server by simulating a large number of characters in the zone and it worked as expected. If there are 90 characters in your zone and there are no load balanced versions then something has gone wrong. Will pass that along.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Alekyne like this.
  17. Orbital101 Augur

There is a pick zone but mobs inside the pick zone are the base pop of Old Seb lvl 40/60.

Also Trackanon spawned in the static version of the HH on Xegony and look like its the raid version of it. Is that intended?
  18. Ghubuk Augur

As stated before, it will spawn a pick but its the original version of old seb instead of the hh version.
  19. Prathun Developer

Seems to work okay. The load balanced version of Sebilis has level 100+ frogs in it.
    I can troubleshoot further with more information. What server(s) is this happening on?
  20. Ghubuk Augur

Xegony