You Killed Hot Zone XP Bonus Again

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Goodn, May 31, 2017.

1. Goodn Augur

On Xegony, the 95 hot zone bonus is not in effect (zone is Sarith right now). This is at least the 3rd time this has happened after a bonus xp period...

How do I know? Cause you don't get the bonus message when you gain xp (at least they added that).

I'm checking some other zones right now on Xegony...
    disgruntled likes this.
  2. Goodn Augur

...checked 90 (Fear Itself) and 85 (MMM) on Xegony...no bonus (it is hard to find a green mob at 105 in MMM btw).

Other folks in our general chat are reporting lower zones are giving bonus either.
  3. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Just check Sarith on Tunare, I'm not getting the message either.
  4. Treygolas Journeyman

It's also happening on Cazic for the 85, 90, and 95 hot zone daily quests.
  5. disgruntled Augur

6. Prathun Developer

The message "You gain experience (with a bonus)!" is displayed when there is a global serverwide experience bonus in effect. It is not displayed when an NPC has an experience bonus multiplier, or when the zone has an experience modifier higher than it would otherwise have had, or when you have an experience bonus spell effect on your character.
  7. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Please check again. It absolutely does give that message on mobs in Hot Zones.

Before the bonus exp weekend I spent several hours in Fear Itself, saw the message constantly. During the bonus exp weekend the Hot Zone switched to Sarith, I saw the message there also. On Tuesday, after the bonus exp had ended, Franklin Teek was still sending me to Sarith but the message was gone and exp was slow. A few days later I checked again. The Hot Zone had switched to Argath & Resplendent Temple. I saw the message in both zones. This was all on Tunare.
  8. Prathun Developer

Checked again.

Looked at the code. The code is clearly checking the global experience modifier when determining whether to display "You gain experience!" when the value is 100 versus "You gain experience (with a bonus)!" when the value is > 100 versus "You gain experience (with a penalty)!" when the value is < 100.

Tested in game. Changing a zone's experience modifier to a very high or very low value had no effect on the message. Changing the global experience modifier to a value higher or lower than 100 did change the message, as expected.
  9. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I believe you, but I also know with absolute certainty that I see this message in Hot Zones. It's how I and others knew to post that it was broken, and also how we knew to come post that it was fixed.

If I understand what you are saying, right now that message should not appear anywhere in game, at all. It should only have appeared over the bonus weekend and then disappeared after that. Is that correct?

I will check Resplendent Temple and Argath again tonight and get screenshots if I see the message.
  10. Trav New Member

I agree with Niskin as these have been my observations as well. I would get the bonus message in hot zones but as soon as I left the hot zone, I no longer got the message.
  11. Prathun Developer

Checked again.

Verified that the hotzone script uses the global experience modifier (but on a per zone basis) to apply bonus experience to hot zones and that this zone specific bonus will get blown out when a ZONE_ALL experience modifier activates or deactivates. This will need to be rewritten.
    Agrippa, Eaiana and DebonAir like this.
  12. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Don't really play any more, but just wanted to say thanks to Prathun for sticking with it while users disagreed with your assessment, and identifying the issue. Good customer service :)

Tat
    Agrippa likes this.
  13. Leigo You come here often?

interesting, I would think it would show up as normal xp for those over 100 since the xp was nerfed for anyone over 100, but here it is 105 shm in hot zone:

[IMG]
  14. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Thanks for looking again, again. Plus now I don't have to go make screenshots. Back to evolving my Very Small Tear...
  15. Tutankamen Augur

Any updates on this?
  16. Gialana Augur

Yes. It was introduced in June's patch. Bonus experience messages now only display when there is a global experience modifier, like double experience weekends. They changed the way hot zones grant bonus experience so that they no get clobbered when a bonus experience weekend happens. Even though you won't see the bonus message anymore in a hot zone, you will still be gaining more experience in that zone than you would if it weren't a hot zone.
    Prathun likes this.