Forum Griefing

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by ClanDarkPaw, Jun 2, 2017.

1. ClanDarkPaw New Member

Just curious why people grief on the forums? There are countless threads ranging from being trained, kill stealing, pro boxing, anti boxing, pro this and anti that and it makes me wonder if people are just venting on here to get their voice heard or do people actually think they are going to change someone? Its obvious reading through the threads that most people stand their ground on what it is they believe even when the opposition might bring up a good argument. I am curious to hear from those who do think they might change someone's position and if you have actually been effective.
  2. RadarX Augur

Everyone has opinions, sometimes strong ones, but we don't allow griefing. Those who aren't providing constructive feedback usually ended up hearing from us.
    Illusory likes this.
  3. Mel The Evil one Journeyman

Not looking to pick a fight with you RadarX but to provide an accurate response to OP.

Hopefully things have changed in the community service department. They used to allow forum griefing on past tlps. You would have 1 person make a post and have 50 people attack, quote, downvote, and report. You attempt to defend yourself the GMS punish you instead and allow the forum warrioring and forum griefing, bullying. This was back when we allowed customers to be redirected to foreign sites with explicit content just to play the game. Maybe changing who handles the community helped.

Accounts still banned on forum.

Melveny.
  4. ThenaEQ Augur

what about when u grief us radarx
  5. Dulu Augur

I just served a 7 day suspension from the forums.

Forum admins are on point.
  6. daffie999 Augur

People rarely change other posters opinions on the forums. However, they do sway the lurkers.

I also feel like a lot of the venting is to just see if anyone else agrees. Get the good feels of a like and "me too."

The only thing that really gets me is when people attempt to justify scummy behavior. Or try to tip toe along the line of allowed/not-allowed.
  7. Vindicate Elder

Being "Right" isn't a good enough reason to change anyone's mind about their behavior on the forums or in game or pretty much anywhere else. For instance! My second grade math teacher was probably "Right" about every single math problem she ever laid out in front of us, I STILL HATE MATH! That's just how it is. Yep she was right. Am I gonna like it? Nope! Am I gonna change my mind about it? Nope! Hate it to the grave...

If people with bad behavior come here to the forums and flaunt it or do so in game, there isn't one single solitary thing any single solitary one of you is going to do on this forum or in the game to change that behavior, they are just that way, and that extends to their life outside of EQ as well, because that is where that behavior comes from. If you can do something to change the later then you might see a change here on the forums or in game.

One thing is for certain though, nobody runs amok all over the place here that isn't doing the exact same thing in real life. There is no such thing as a really really nice guy everywhere else, but he likes to train, killsteal, slander, run his mouth, argue, bicker, fight, harass, and otherwise be a general nuisance in EQ. Should make it super easy to choose your friends in game!

You wanna know why they grief on the forums? Well, that's it.
  8. ThenaEQ Augur

9. Illusory Augur

I disagree with you and not because what you're saying is incorrect, but it really doesn't apply to a majority of the forum's community. What appears to be the minority are a lot good people with legitimate arguments that can lead to some great debates. We also have (what seems like a larger) majority that speaks out because they are trying to find ways to continuously cheat, undermine, and maliciously lobby the system. Obvious is obvious with EverQuest and anyone in it with monetary intent stand out like sore thumbs. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe these are the folks that the OP is referencing? These are the people that appear to walk that fine line between what's cheating, what's allowed, and if they feel threatened they are the first to try and shoot arguments down without any real rebuttal.

Flaming and grieving isn't allowed, but we need a new word for this type of behavior/mentality....

Flame - Cunning - Subtle.

Flacubtly
    - The act of posting in subtle grievance to bolster one's own intent while attempting to downplay the truth.

Lol, I'm bored at work... Sorry. :p
  10. Vindicate Elder

Ok, but this is what he asked. :p
    Don't see even the subtlest hint at pointing out people with a monetary agenda, though. I also don't know what obvious is obvious means, I'm not the brightest pea in the pod. :<
  11. Illusory Augur

It's not hard too spot them if you know what to look for. For example, check out any threads related to krono, it's value, or it's manipulation... You will instantly spot what I speak of.

For example, 2 threads from the main TLP forum page,

1 - https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...simple-psychology-and-economic-theory.241488/

2 - https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-your-agnarr-krono.241468/page-3#post-3550638

Now do a search for similar krono-related threads in this very forum section and compare. Booyah, flacubtly at it's finest. :)
  12. Boosi Lorekeeper

Yawl grieifin me w this topic