Your graphics card is not capable enough for this game?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Mojorisin, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Mojorisin New Member

I have a radeon 7700 that easily runs Skyrim, so why can't I run everquest? I've downloaded the latest drivers and have the latest directX.

This is the message that comes up.
    Your graphics card is not capable enough for this game (IDS_VIDEO: VendorID=0x1002, DeviceID=0x683D)
  2. Derd Augur

You must download and install dx9.c. or eq will not run.
    moogs likes this.
  3. Caell Augur

Windows 10? Do you have DirectX 9 installed? EQ requires DX9 and it's not installed in Windows 10 by default. Get it here.
    OssOr and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  4. Mojorisin New Member

Thank you, that was the issue. I appreciate it.
  5. Boobba New Member

im having the same problem it s been 24 hours now ... it all started after i downloaded an update for my radeon r7 260x . im using windows 7 64-bit . i tried downloading DX9 via the given link . after this im still getting the same error Message . any clue ?

difference in error message DeviceID=0x6658
  6. Caell Augur

Windows 7 shouldn't need to install DX9, you could try cleaning out your drivers with Display Driver Uninstaller then reinstalling your drivers. If that doesn't work uninstal them again and then install the previous version of your drivers that did work.
  7. Boobba New Member

thanks for the advice . i rolled back my driver to version 14.201.1001.0 and it works .
  8. Caell Augur

Good to hear. :)
  9. Tarkis New Member

Will not install on windows 10.
  10. Sarkaukar Augur

Just a fyi, that is the wrong/older directx 9c, that is a 2007 year version. And Microsoft search engine sucks.

The last dx 9c update with all their modules is listed as June 2010 - version 9.29.1974. Anything different and the user will run into dx9 gaming issues.

There are two versions- The redistributon version. I have it saved on HD/cd. I use it to reinstall dx 9c when I believe there may be an issue as it will overwrite any possible corrupted files.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

There is the dxwebsetup.exe - this downloads as a small package, scans for missing files, downloads and installs them. BUT!!!! if any of the files have become corrupted it will NOT replace them, thus the redistribution file.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

Also if EQ's launchpad still worked with Windows XP and player were to do a clean OS install, that user would still have to use one of the above programs to UPDATE dx9, and that would be the same for Vista, Win7, 8.0, 8.1 and Win 10. The all come with a BASE directx 9 but they lack the updates that came after it.
    Caell and DinkumThinku99 like this.
  11. Makta Elder

My message is:
    Your graphics card is not capable enough for this game (IDS_VIDEO: VendorID=0x1002, DeviceID=0x682B)

I tried both ways to install DX9 above, as well as rolled back my AMD driver and installed the recommended one and the newest one. It didn't fix it. I finally rolled back to a previous version of Windows 10, and it worked. I then rebooted again before I left for work and when I tried logging back in, back to the error message.
  12. svann Augur

Is that really what it said? Because that sounds like the odd way a person with poor english might say it. If you say "the graphics card is not capable" that says it all. There is no reason to add "enough". Not arguing, just had to say it. Very odd to see that in an error message.