How do I use a power source?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by DamnataAnimus, May 31, 2017.

1. DamnataAnimus Elder

Question in title.

I have items with purity and an equipped source. From what I've read that's all that should be needed, yet my power source is still at 100%.

Thanks.
  2. moogs Augur

Here, I recorded this a few months back.

Power sources drain during combat. (They used to drain continuously when equipped.)
  3. Gialana Augur

Perhaps moogs video covers this, but if you want to see what you're gaining and losing from the powersouurce, you can open your inventory window and take the powersource out and put it back in. When equipping the powersource, it takes a few seconds for all of the stats to fully update.
  4. DamnataAnimus Elder

Hmm, I've spent plenty of time in combat, yet my power source (on 4 characters) is still 100% will have to pay closer attention when I'm on next.

Appreciate your help (and video) thanks :p
  5. AnzoRagespirit Augur

Are you using purity augs in your gear? The augs are 25-30and 35 purity for the rare ones. The more purity your gear has the faster the drain on the power source. If you have none they drain very slow, which is good, but your also not getting the full benifet of the power source. With full 35 augs on raid gear the difference isn't HUGE but it's noticeable. But the draw back you having so much purity is your PS will drain stupid fast.

Also if you use the player made / Katta vendor PS they cap at like 20,000 power ( I think ) if you farm names in certain zones in The Darkened Sea they cap out at I think 200,000 power and also give a higher return for stats, I don't remember all zones but I know the melee PS drops in Thallisaur island and the tank one drops in Degmar I think.
  6. DamnataAnimus Elder

Some lower level ones but it was me expecting a bigger boost than they (sources) actually give.

After paying closer attention I noticed them increase. Which brings me to my next question, do they give any other boost other than to hp or mp?
  7. Qbert Gallifreyan

They do a whole host of different things, depending upon which one you use.

http://www.raidloot.com/PowerSource.aspx
  8. DamnataAnimus Elder

Ah thanks. Site bookmarked :)
  9. OlavSkullcrusher Augur

Thanks for the video, moogs. That was quite helpful to me as well. Although, I have to say that I am rather underwhelmed by power sources, especially as a non-raider. It was a lot of work (and not a trivial amount of my plat funds) to make a pure metal orb for my tank. At least, it was a lot of work when you factor in the sunk cost of leveling up pottery. I would also say that it is rather annoying that power sources seemed to have been essentially abandoned except for raiding purposes. Well, that just seems to be par for the course as far as tradeskills go in EQ1.
    moogs likes this.
  10. Anhari Augur

You do know that you can get to Master Potter for about 30pp, right? Just check EQ Traders for the route!

After that, boy you are on your own! gets REAL expensive after 100!
  11. Goranothos Augur

I hate power sources and wish they would go away forever. Thanks. (Yes, I know this comment is almost useless. Just exercising my God given right to gripe.)