Surprises no one accused this game of racism

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Sctt033, May 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sctt033 Elder

Normal humans are white only you gotta go another species to not be
  2. MaxTheLion Augur

Not sure why you would post this here when it has nothing to do with TLP servers. Nice bait though.
  3. AgentofChange Augur

Sctt033 had so much excitement over the release of Agnarr. He posts nothing but salt now. Wonder what happened to that poor dude.
  4. Jumbur Improved Familiar

The game has thrived on the concept of "good" and "evil" races since classic. Racism is an integral part of almost every fictional fantasy world...

If you really want to flamebait, why not accuse the game of glorifying murder?...:rolleyes:
  5. Wolrok Elder

Humans, Erudites, and Barbarians aren't different species. Still kind of racist, but they're all human.
  6. Malachi Augur

They went out of their way to always describe Erudites as a race with superior intellect even at original launch. I think they wanted to keep a high fantasy theme and still careful not to offend specific irl cultures.
    I think they've done a great job and although you can make insinuations on racial inuendos, the game has never offended me personally (in terms of in game cultural portrayal)
    Worth noting my irl appearence may resemble a specific ingame 'race' other than 'human'
    All that said, definitely a baity topic in the wrong forum thread.
  7. RandomStrategy Augur

So, Wood Elf?
    Malachi likes this.
  8. Wispur Elder

So, Iksar?
    Malachi likes this.
  9. RadarX Augur

We're going to go ahead and close this up before it goes anywhere it shouldn't.
    Piku likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.