how to change the map arrow color

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by demoria7, May 28, 2017.

1. demoria7 Elder

On new server and the pop up does not work. What file do i go to if I need to change the color of the map arrow. I can hardly see the green, need it to be black.

Thanks
  2. Anhari Augur

I have had the same problem, even changing map packs along the way to see if I can adjust it. I am visually impaired, so the maps are sometimes very annoying and useless to me. I wish that I could adjust ALL of the colors used on the maps, but I don't have the inclination to learn the system to see what needs adjusting! I need someone more , well , versed I editing the .ini files! (God I wish that I had followed my Dr.'s advice and managed my diabetes better)!
  3. Riou EQResource

Open the map menu button and click on My Color, change that to whatever, you can also change group X color and find path color
  4. demoria7 Elder

The pop up for the tool bar menu does not work.. This is on the new locked server There is NO way to change it on the Map screen.. the little icon is greyed out. I need to know what the actual file name is to change it in the .ini file.. I remember doing it years ago but now do not remember.
  5. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Points are saved in the map file with this format:

P -100.0000, -14.0000, 0.0000, 255, 255, 255, 2, Succor_Point

Where the first 3 numbers are map coordinates, and the second 3 are RGB color values. Final number is which layer of the map the label is saved into. Remember that the first 2 map file coordinates are inverted both in pos/neg and in their order compared to in-game /loc. So the example above in-game loc is pos14, pos100, 0 and it saves as a black label because of 255/255/255.

Just save the point to your existing map file in EQ directory for that zone. Alternatively you could just log in to a server that has map functionality and save it from that server.
  6. demoria7 Elder

I am NOT asking for setting the color of places. I AM asking what .ini file to go to in order to change the color of the little arrow that represents your toon.

Thank you
  7. Brudal Augur

On normal servers, (it did not work on Agnarr), you open the map click the "popup the toolbar window" and click on "set my color". If you can set it on a normal server, you may be able to copy layout to an Agnarr toon if you are on that server.

copy layout didn't work, but the UI_character_server.ini has a section

[MapViewWnd]

default value is
    MyColor.red=0
    MyColor.green=250
    MyColor.blue=0

changed to red on live which updated my file to

MyColor.red=240
    MyColor.green=0
    MyColor.blue=0

Find your file and change the numbers.
    SithWizard likes this.
  8. Brudal Augur

Black is 0's in all three MyColor.red/green/blue lines.

May have to be out of game to have the update save correctly, I was able to change mine and show black arrow in game.
    moogs and SithWizard like this.