EQ Queue

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bloodstalker, May 29, 2017.

1. Bloodstalker New Member

I'm just going to note that while I am PAYING to play a game, the very first time I have to wait in queue to log in to a server, I WILL cancel all 8 of my accounts i pay $14.99 a month for and choose another way to spend my money. this is not in any way a threat, but i will be d***** if i spend my hard earned cash to wait in line to play a game that a lot of times i can't play already cause when i take a day off work / life to play there is a patch 9 times out of 10 so 6 to 8 hours of that is wasted waiting on the patch, now you're telling me there is a chance I'll have to wait in line for other players to log off so i can play?! You're really starting to roll down hill with this game in a BIG way. On another note, since I am already ranting about this might as well add: STOP REMAKING OLD CONTENT AND CALLING IT NEW!!!! be inventive, make something completely new! If I wanted to relive Kunark, I'd play on a progression server! /endrant
  2. Funk Augur

I wouldn't be happy either~! And putting real work into a new expansion would cost them too much it seems. Now queue the White Knights rolling in to bash you for your post.
  3. Beimeith Lord of the Game

You don't have to be a white Knight to call the OP an idiot.
    High Voltage, Act of Valor and Brohg like this.
  4. mackal Augur

Pretty sure all MMOs have queues. EQ never did, but they always had limits. Queue better than spamming logging in to get logged in.
  5. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

[x] Threat to cancel 6+ accounts.
    [x] Patch days on my day off work.
    [x] Random tangential points.
    [x] CAPS LOCK AND MANY EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!!!

You've stuck to the EQ forums rant template pretty well here. I'll give it 7/10 overall. Your use of commas really made it a bit easier to read, which of course detracts from your final score. Punctuation of any type is generally going to result in lower marks. Caps lock use could have been more liberal. Also you only used one censored word. Top notch rants will have 6+ strings of ******'ed out terms.

Your ranting skills are impressive, but you've not quite reached Grandmaster rank yet. We'll be awaiting your next submission.
  6. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

The que has only happened on the progression servers on launch day and maybe the day after. Some how there is a bottle neck to creating characters versus how much the server can actually handle in game. I doubt this will que will ever be seen in the live servers unless a ton of people all decided to come back one day and create characters all at the same time.
  7. Beimeith Lord of the Game

He also loses points because while it is a relatively new account, it is not his first post.
    Fanra likes this.
  8. YellowBelly Augur

The only thing missing from that checklist is the use of a bad analogy.
    Fanra likes this.
  9. Brohg Augur

Slap in the face!
    Fanra and Act of Valor like this.
  10. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Popular servers have a queue at the very beginning. Some WoW servers have had queues for years and years just due to how high the population is.

Would you rather the entire server ran slow as hell for everyone or they open up a 2nd server and cause both to have population issues a year down the line?

I presume this thread is regarding Agnarr, which I can nearly 100% guarantee you will never see a queue again within 2 weeks.
  11. Bloodstalker New Member

This Queue is them testing the waters to see about combining more servers, "I'm guessing" increasing population per server "I have no issue with that at all BTW" and having a queue = people will just never log out. Just remember this post 10 mins before raid time on your home server when you're in queue for a toon that AFK'ed 18 hours ago in the GL.
  12. Bloodstalker New Member

They can use more servers to make different instances of the same server: Bertox_1, Bertox_2, Bertox_3, ETC as an example. I played a game back in the day "Can't remember the name of it ATM" but they had a chat channel for the server, and you could join groups, like EQ, but most of the time when you got to the place you were going to play your group was no where to be found. Open your map and a drop down button and it would show the instances of the server you could pick from and the name of the player that was the leader of your group with would appear next to the zone he/she was in. and thus avoiding lag, and to keep people from farming a specific zone whenever you choose the instance you wanted you would not only transport to that instance, but also a central hub far enough away that made it improbable to hit multiple place holders for the same mob.

I'm saying, instead of locking people out that pay money and have specific times they can play, use your brains and come up with a long term fix instead of a short term issue.

How bout everybody that is are making fun of me for standing up for something i pay for wait outside your house while I hang out with your family until I feel like I want to leave, THEN, you can come in.
  13. Bloodstalker New Member

Name calling on a forum, "try to imagine me talking to you in a very sarcastic voice" WOW, I bet you get annoyed by the sounds of people shaking in fear when they are around somebody as tough as you.

I don't know what constitutes a new account but I've been a member of this forum since Oct 12, 2016 which I know is rather new in terms of how long EQ has been around, but I have been playing since 2004. New account on the forums? Maybe. New to the game? No, but sorry if I didn't start in 1999
    My first post was close to a year ago about a bug that made it hard to read the achievements that they had fixed shortly after.

I have not always had 8 accounts, but i have 8 accounts now because I have a job and I don't have time to sit around typing "/1 Soandso toon level XXX LFG" for hours on end so I started making multiple accounts, and as needs grew I made more, now I have 8 and I pay about $120 a month for them plus about $240 once per year for expansions and once in a while a few bucks here and there on station cash if i want something bad enough.
    This is indicating that I am no longer willing to pay them this money if I have to wait in line to play their game, I never once said I was going to give them a whipping.

Yes, I neglect to look at planed patches some factor comes in to play that allows me to have a day off work, and 9 times out of 10 is embellishing my rant a bit making it seem like I plan my days off to be exactly when a planned patch is going through. Truth be told, I have played this game a few years now, and have had a job the whole time, so coming home and thinking I'm going to get some free time to sit back and play a video game, only to have that sinking feeling of being let down, when I try to log in and it says there is a patch for another 6-8 hours in progress. So, I apologize if I exaggerated on this subject.

Random - proceeding, made, or occurring without definite aim, reason, or pattern
    Tangential - pertaining to or of the nature of a tangent; being or moving in the direction of a tangent.
    Tangent - in immediate physical contact; touching.

Not 100% sure what you're saying here, but I think what you meant to say is that I am veering off course of my original reason of posting that is, in your "eyes" miniscule in meaning?

Maybe I did start off talking about the first item listed under the latest news on the patcher, and then I added one other thing I didn't like since I was already ranting, but I think it's a bit of a stretch to say that constitutes as random.

Yes, I was mad about the thought of being forced to "wait in line" for another player to log off a massively multiplayer online role playing game and did a little online yelling, that is very incongruous of me, and I apologize if i hurt anybody's feelings.

Sorry to disappoint, but I didn't have anything on which a comparison may be based, let alone do so in a bad way.

I am outlining these "key" replies in quotes, for they have been an astronomic help in the development of resolving this issue, I am exhilarated that this forum has such an outstandingly distinguished populous that is willing to assist in such matters.
  14. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Good catch, that one was missing too.
  15. Bloodstalker New Member

I had no idea what to do with that, so I just left it.
  16. Leigo You come here often?

Just deal with it man.. so you had to wait. it happens and it will happen again, I've played since 2005 and this hasn't changed. adapt, that's all I have to offer you. good luck
  17. Thraine Augur

a crybaby popping up and threatening to cancel all his accounts .. another normal week in EQ :)
    Azbaelus likes this.
  18. Duhbeast Augur

19. Tucoh Augur

I remember 18 hour queues in ArcheAge. You come home from work on Friday, enter the queue, and hope that by the time you've eaten lunch on Saturday you could play.
  20. Duhbeast Augur