PoK Stones on Ragefire

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pinchos, May 29, 2017.

1. Bewts Augur

^^^

Hit up all the twitter handles and see if that lights a fire.
  2. MaxTheLion Augur

They're too busy reading the 500 repeat posts about Agnarr to take care of other server issues.
  3. Prathun Developer

The stones appear to be spawned in the Plane of Knowledge on Ragefire. The method that we use to spawn NPCs based on world states (like expansion unlocks) does not also work for switches. It's handled on a script that runs on the zone periodically, probably on the periodic hour which explains what could cause a delay between Planes of Power opening and the switches appearing. I can take a look at making the check occur more frequently to reduce this delay, though will need to at least consider the processing cost of running a frequent check in a populous zone.
  4. Semah Augur

Thanks Prathun.

We now have a vote up on the PoD for LoY + LDoN together. Is this intentional? It confuses me mightily. According to the Sense Heading thread we should have LoY now, but be waiting 3 months for LDoN:
    • Once it’s time for Planes of Power to unlock on your server, Legacy of Ykesha content will unlock with it at the same time.
    • On Ragefire and Lockjaw, three months after Planes of Power & Legacy of Ykesha unlocks, we’ll open up Lost Dungeons of Norrath automatically (no voting required).
  5. Anthym New Member

Is this something that we can expect to have happen on LJ as well or is this ragefire beta testing taking care of it for us? :)
  6. Kloven Elder

It sounds like a fix is needed on this script, at least for the LJ folks and possibly future TLPs. Myself and many guildmates crashed out early Sunday to get up at 3am eastern Monday and start on PoP. Unfortunately the Tranquility stone in PoK did not spawn until about 9am eastern, roughly 6 hours of folks having nothing to do but go to GE to level. I suppose we could have tried killing the NPC's in PoK.

It would help to get an answer on the LoY and LDoN votes we were directed to the Priests of Discord to vote on. As of this morning (Tuesday 5/30 at 8am eastern) the Gulf of Gunthak stone in PoK still fails saying the "target zone is not taking players" or something like that.
  7. Prathun Developer

I didn't see anything wrong with the script in Plane of Knowledge that handles when and if the teleporter stones are up. In testing on Live and Beta, they spawn within a minute of the server acknowledging that the server had unlocked PoP. The progression server guys tell me it can be up to 15 minutes before this occurs. Someone will be around to verify that this works properly, or troubleshoot it if it doesn't and then manually activate the stones.
  8. ThenaEQ Augur

sucks to suck ragefire. have fun getting passed by lockjaw LOL
  9. Machentoo Augur

The real question is, why do they still subject anyone to midnight pacific launch times, after 5 years of failed launches where everyone has to wait till SOE/DBG staff shows up in the office the next morning to fix things. If you can't have staff awake and ready to handle problems at midnight, fine, but then can it really be that hard to just switch that 12:00 AM to 12:00 PM in the voting system?
  10. sifonin Augur

Have fun playing on a server with two people!
  11. Yanster Augur

Passed by Lockjaw . And then what ?
    You think anyone with 1 brain cell left playing on Ragefire , who has the top 3 guild working together , being inclusive with smaller guild , leaving content for growing guild , not going back to luclin to allow those growimg guild to get stronger , creating and maintaining pick as 1 bit of fear of not a single player transfering to L J .

Enjoy your 1 guild server .
  12. -wycca Augur

Fairly sure they have the same # of raid guilds as you do. Also, in regards to the 3 guilds working together, are you doing so for planar progression out of curiosity?