Will you keep playing on Agnarr?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tinytinker, May 28, 2017.

1. Tinytinker Augur

I'd like to hear what some of the returning players think about Agnarr. Do you like it or are you disappointed with it? If you plan on leaving, what caused you not to stay?
  2. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Yes, even though the exp looks to be a middle ground between RF / LJ & Phinny.

I've got hundreds of krono so I'm taking my time and enjoying the ride.
  3. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

No, I came here to farm some early krono to keep my accounts going for a few more years on Phinigel. I have no interest in being stuck in 1 expansion forever and unable to progress my main character.
  4. Finley Augur

My current plan is to stick with it. I am not interested in raiding during Classic through Velious, so for now I will just be leveling slowly and making tons of alts
  5. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

But...but...the comfort zone!
  6. Bailen Augur

Thinking about going for the 120 year long subscription, myself!
  7. Basak Augur

I'll stick around until I won't.

Why would sticking to Agnarr mean people are dumb?
  8. Poppinfresh Elder

The jury is still out for me. It's been an entertaining diversion from live this weekend, I'll give it that, but I'm certainly not going to blow any of my kronos from EoK rares on anything on Agnarr. Live will always be my home, but maybe it'll be nice to be able to go off the grid and take a trip to the proverbial log cabin with no electricity or running water every so often...
  9. Basak Augur

But you're not answering the question. Why would sticking to Agnarr mean people are dumb?
  10. nagash101 Augur

Nope, i dont think so, the constant disconnects are about all i can stand. 3 to 4 an hour and its just plain frustrating. True box server my butt, should be a NO box server.
  11. Guttin Fuzzyears Journeyman

As a returning player I am enjoying it, for the most part, and certainly expect to stick around. My only gripe is I am not a fan of the zones the majority are dogpiling into, and as a warrior without a set group that doesn't always mean instant action and can be a bit frustrating when you have a few groups in a row fizzle out after little to no action.
    nirriri likes this.
  12. Kyleigh Journeyman

I'm here for the long haul and loving every minute of it. The insanity and mania experienced by many players over the weekend will die down and you won't see 20+ picks of LGuk every weekend (see: server launch/bonus exp/incr named spaws/USA long weeend) and things will settle down in a few weeks. I think Agnarr has the potential to be the most successful TLP with a very healthy friendly community.
    nirriri likes this.
  13. eqzekisdead Augur

No, I already quit after lvl20.
  14. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

Smart people don't choose to stay locked in 3rd grade forever, amigo.
    Signedup and Sdoofbuc like this.
  15. TLP Addict Augur

There's about 12-18 months worth of content here. By the time that rolls around there will possibly be other options.

If that's not enough then there's Phinny which I'm sure is still going strong.
  16. Jenarie Elder

My group is playing on Agnarr because we maxed AA on Phini weeks ago and are just waiting for GoD. From all the names I'm seeing around the server, I'd expect the number of people doing the exact same thing is very high.

For us at least it is fun to mess around - we'll probably make max level before GoD comes out on Phini then drop the server until we finish GoD and/or OoW. Depending how busy Phini keeps us we'll probably pop back and forth but even though I've spent a lot of time on Agnarr this week it isn't and won't be my main server ever. I'd never invest emotionally in a server that isn't going anywhere. I know a lot of people asked for this so I guess I'm happy for them that they got it but it just isn't at all appealing to me other than the fun of new server and starting over with nothing and building up.

From the people I've talked to, it seems that quite a few people on Phini really consider Agnarr a krono farm.

Edit: If they announced that we could transfer off someday and the character wouldn't just be stuck forever at PoP I would be more interested in building it up. As it is I can't really take character progression seriously here.
  17. Ishbu Augur

Exactly, they move on and maybe revisit the best parts for nostalgic reasons. You did move on right?
  18. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

Yep. Got a 105 druid 105 SK and 105 mage. Experienced raids up into TBM but raid leading and playing on Phinny ate up too much of my time to stay on live. Getting ready for GoD (you know, the xpac that Agnarr will never see. 4th grade stuff...)
    Sdoofbuc likes this.
  19. Anduven Journeyman

Wow, you are incredibly about people liking Agnarr. It's kinda weird.
  20. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

I'm totally cool with people liking Agnarr. I was even watching an Agnarr stream the other day. I'm just explaining why I think planning to stay there is dumb. Same as P99. Stagnant content just isn't my thing. If it's yours, more power to you. I just personally think it's dumb.
    Sdoofbuc likes this.