Massive tell, channel, and zoning lag on AB server

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Adroxia, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Adroxia Elder

As we thought, it's just AB.

This must be trivial to reproduce. I have offered before but I do it again - I volunteer for my guild's raid time to be used to test, confirm, and uncover what exactly is the cause. We can do this on Sunday at our usual time (UK evening, nice morning for you devs on west coast). Really this is happening every single week without fail.
  2. Roobi_AB New Member

it's not fun anymore (and it never was), DO SOMETHING !!
  3. Adroxia Elder

A new record. We just had tells about the sarnak waves of mobs on the Gorenaire raid, that finally landed after the flame shield sarnaks had spawned!

That's got to be about 4+ minutes delayed.
  4. delfchen Lorekeeper

dear team beeing responsible for Antonious Bayle Hamsters .... check their current state of mind plz
    At about 9pm i was forced to kill my EQ-game due to "hover-bug" i was not able to click zone to lobby, after relaunching i grabbed the message "you are not allowed to enter" aka .. "an unknown error accured ....." about 10 minutes later i finally made it
    at about 9:50 pm i wanted to help a guild mate on his hunter ... logged off in Plane of Knowledge ... same issue .. took ages and nothing happened .. so all the same once more ... to finally get the message "server is not responding"
    this is really getting frustratin
  5. Roobi_AB New Member

we had assist messages on lots of adds AFTER loot has been called from the chest ....
  6. Sheev Lorekeeper

No other server has to put up with this rubbish, why do we? still not one comment from a dev, not even to say we have no clue, just suck it up Euros, and keep paying our wages!

Our server is completely unplayable at the moment.

Disgraceful.
  7. Adroxia Elder

An example of the absurdity of what we get.

I damaged the chest with my feeble cleric dps, broke it open, called loot, and finally some old assist messages came through on the raid channel for drakes and other adds that were called roughly 1-2 minutes earlier in the fight.

The sequence comes like this.

The last drake dies, Gorenaire HP lock is removed at 5% here.
    Gorenaire dies 22 seconds later!
    I find the chest and call the loot to the guild.
    And now the previous assist messages all come through.
    Roobi is a gnome and therefore not clever enough to be able to call assist on 3 mobs within 1 second of each other, when they are already dead. This is LAG! :mad:

This is a good lag experience, not the 4+ minutes we were getting earlier in the fight.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Well, finally got back in, after 15 attempts I just logged into another server, then back to AB, logged into a different character & then back to the character who crashed while zoning from Crescent Reach to Blightfire Moors.

When I finally loaded back into the world (far more slowly than loading to other servers) I was not in Blightfire Moors as I would expect but back at the zone in to Crescent Reach (as in where you start when you zone in from the tutorial). Pretty odd state of affairs. Chat lag is still lousy.

EDIT: EQ looked like it was going to crash again attempting to zone from Crescent Reach to Blightfire, 2 minutes later it finally made it. This is horrible.
  9. douxreve Elder

Your attributionere a total mess. Not bids for 2 minutes, then 10 lines of bids...To attrib 4 items we had to waster more times than to kill Gorenaire. Unplayable.
  10. Kable Lorekeeper

This is sad they can make new progression servers NP but can't fix AB or hey lets give them a better server. We miss out on all events due to this lag and its sad from a company to ignore something day n day out on these fourms yet somehow we never get an answer.

Then the so called fix they do works for couple hours then back to same thing.
    Margot Heart likes this.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

DC'd now, almost as if DBG don't want me to play on AB at the weekend...
  12. Roobi_AB New Member

End of problems , server down !
  13. Siny Augur

well it looked like server down (on the status page too). However I log back in fresh , to find it claiming that 1 already have a char logged in and do I want to kick !
  14. Siny Augur

Confimed by looking at vendor, AB didnt actually go down. Its taken over 20 mins to get that account back in after seeing AB up
  15. Soju Elder

Still ongoing lag, nothing new to see here......:(
  16. Asmadeus Journeyman

Hellooo, feeling like acknowledging there's a problem yet? Just a "We're looking at it" or "We don't know yet" would go a long way. Even if it's a lie. Gotta start somewhere.

I don't know who said "weeks and weeks" but looking at just this thread it's at least been start of Feb, I doubt anyone had time to even notice this thread in a mere four months........................ If you include the time from last summer when we had similar issues it's been half a year of pain in the last 12 months, what the heck?! Offer some free transfer off AB and kill the server if you have no idea, but DO SOMETHING!

(Not that this will do us any good, but if you haven't yet -- vote on https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-1530 )
    Margot Heart likes this.
  17. Zhaunil_AB Augur

just to make this thread this much longer:
    Yes the problem persists(!) since months now.
    Even long before this thread was made.

Sundays were especially bad these last months
    while Mondays seemed to be better as far as chat-lag and connected issues were concerned.

This SUN however was especially bad.
    And against hopes, MON was even worse.
    People posting here are from all guilds too, so not the usual collections of forum trolls and drama queens.
    It's a real issue, affecting real people paying real money for an unreal gaming experience.

As Asmadeus said, a reply (even if it's a lie) is the least we can expect.
    A fix is what we expect.
    Lacking that, as again Asmadeus has formulated it: Offer a solution.
    This situation can't go on.
  18. Guma New Member

It's ridiculous when raid loot auctions take longer than beating the event itself. AB isn't working anymore and you should give us free character transfers to a server that actually works.
  19. Deillusional Augur

The server is broke fix, it took me 15 minutes to zone yesterday across 2 zones.
  20. Nilzera Journeyman

Hey guys and girls!

Know a good game we can play for the next 18 years ? I mean, one who care about customers ?