Oh boy. still havent played because im 50/50 on class choice. So frustrating. someone give me advice

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Saltyd0gg, May 25, 2017.

1. Saltyd0gg Journeyman

Been struggling with it for weeks to narrow it down to two choices. I keep going back and forth back and forth.. Honestly, i should just flip a coin. Or take a poll or something.

Im at a dead end between shaman and paladin, and even after that ill have a hard time with race choice.

Someone just knock some sense into me.
    OssOr likes this.
  2. Thewiz Augur

Be brave. GO paladin. Human.
    Bailen likes this.
  3. OssOr New Member

I understand you! I am between ranger and paladin and really want to start playing but i won't until i'm completely sure about it lol. And choosing a race is going to be a problem too. I don't think this simple problem is healthy or a good symptom so i guess we just have to decide and move on!
  4. rippah30 Lorekeeper

Assign each race/class combo you are considering a number. Go to random.org
    You're welcome
    Your_Ad_Here and Bailen like this.
  5. kamikazeheart Elder

Go shaman for easy plat farming, then you can twink a Paladin if you decide you don't like Shaman. With the server xp being faster than Phini and locked at LDoN, you can afford to have alts and main switch to your heart's content. I wouldn't stress on it so much.
  6. Kiani Augur

Why not just play one, you can always start the other later if you don't like it.
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Make both.
  8. Kluwen New Member

Play both! Play each one for a couple levels and go back and forth. After a few levels you will find yourself gravitating toward one or the other.
    Felicite likes this.
  9. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

Still at it, Salty? I hear ya, man. I started what I finally decided on when I got in last night. This morning decided to roll something different. Always a struggle with this at launch.

If they'd fix rogues, it'd be a no brainer for me. :)
  10. Kahna Augur

Flip a coin. When the coin is in the air which one are you rooting for it to land on. Play that one. If you aren't rooting for either, play whichever one it lands on, then make the other one later.
  11. crag79 Augur

Erudite.
  12. fransisco Augur

go shaman. Everyone loves a shaman
  13. Hipponipple New Member

If you are just going to play one character then go Ogre Shaman, all wisdom. You will be great in groups, raids and solo play. It is one of the best overall classes that can do well in all areas.

If you are set on only playing one character then being a paladin will limit you on what you can do sometimes. I'm playing a paladin but I'm rolling with two characters.
  14. Relyn Lorekeeper

Lol just play both, but since you want to be a bst later and love to tank, probably pally, even with the lack of gear.

Heh, reading your dilemma and other info kind of made me want to make a paladin as an alt. Would be a bit different for me, but I'll wait until my necro gets him gear
  15. TLP Addict Augur

Seeing a lot of people asking for tanks already, as per most servers/MMO's competent tanks will be a precious commodity. But then a lot of people are probably leveling a caster first to get some coin and wait for tank gear to enter the economy before twinking one.

If you really like tanking you can level up with the initial wave, join a guild and have first dibs on that planar tank gear. Paladins are typically one of the least played classes in classic, during Phinny classic I was in a guild with a bunch of warriors, heaps of SK's and ONE Paladin who got to hoover up a lot of loot in the early raids.
  16. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Not choosing is often the worst way to make a choice in life. By now you could have played one and switched to the other, and soon it may be too late to play either.
  17. BigDog Elder

Quit being a cuck and start running with the pack.
  18. Phantom Ghost Augur

19. Trox2010 Augur

I know what you mean; I half want to roll a mink, half want to roll a pally, half want to roll a warrior......so leaning towards rolling up a wizard to main.

Of course it will probably all go out the window once gnomes can be SKs.