Kithicor broken

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Papaw_Proudfoot, May 24, 2017.

1. Papaw_Proudfoot New Member

undead during the day... and after crossing the whole zone safely(twice), get punted back to RV because of being denied the Commons... no good..
  2. AgentofChange Augur

That is TLP kithicor unfortunately, the full zones is a serious issue though
  3. Papaw_Proudfoot New Member

4 times the zone in to Commons has failed me... and 1 death... this is becoming frustrating...
  4. Seiffil Lorekeeper

Undead are up all the time on the TLP servers, I forget when the change was made, but they no longer despawn during daytime. Can't say anything about being unable to zone into CL though.
  5. Prathun Developer

To my knowledge, if Kithicor is supposed to switch between day (live) and night (undead) versions, it doesn't and hasn't for a very long time.
    There is a DGC Issue Tracker entered for this already:
    https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-147
    Felicite likes this.
  6. Papaw_Proudfoot New Member

...back in my day...
  7. snailish Augur

Kithicor used to switch. It was actually a viable lower-level hunting zone during the day, had a real "Castlevania: Simon's Quest" vibe to it in that you had to get out of there as night approached if you couldn't handle the higher undead version.

Something worth restoring at some point, for all servers.
    Ishbu, Rouan, Fanra and 3 others like this.
  8. Wolrok Elder

Are you sure?

I went through the area on Phinigel shortly after Velious was put in and it worked as expected.

My brother ran through that area on a gnome last night and it looked like the undead despawned around 6 AM as expected.
  9. Prathun Developer

Looked into this, because it's 3am so why not?
    When Halloween content was added to the game in 2006, most of the encounter tables for Kithicor were changed so that they always spawned as the night undead. In addition, many new high level spawns were added to the zone for Halloween and most of these spawns didn't have logic to despawn when it wasn't Halloween.
    I believe this is now fixed internally.

100% sure.
    The undead would have despawned at an early hour, and I'm glad the despawn-me-at-hour functionality is working correctly, but they'd merely respawn as more undead during the day because their day files were the same as their night files.

Definitely worth fixing, and it was much easier to fix than I'd expected.
    The morning sun has vanquished the horrible night.
  10. Taladir Augur

So you fixed it? Kickass.
  11. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

12. Rhoulicas Augur

Definitely worth fixing, and it was much easier to fix than I'd expected.
    The morning sun has vanquished the horrible night.

Wow, Prathun. You're awesome.
  13. Karthor New Member

That is awesome, thanks for fixing it Prath.
  14. Wolrok Elder

Huh. That's really weird to hear because I used Kithicor to hunt bixies for honeycombs for the Jum Jum quest, and it was fine on Phinigel. Not trying to argue, just weird hearing it was bugged when my experience was the opposite.

Thank you for the fix! (I'll be hunting bixies later.)
  15. taliefer Augur

this is very awesome. Kithicor was always one of those zones that added flavor to the game when it used to be undead just at night. it lost something when it was undead 24/7.

the fact its 3 am and you looked into this is pretty awesome, thank you.

now that thats over, lets go back to the snark that is supposed to be customer/dev relations. i feel dirty.
  16. Hinastorm86 Augur

Something something they'll fix kith on a random whim but agnarr launch was bad something something rabble rabble (This is a joke) ......=)
  17. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

I remember staying up many many nights playing Castlevania on the NES as a kid, one of my favs. This music brings back some good memories!
    Margot Heart likes this.
  18. Icetea Lorekeeper

19. Ishbu Augur

Whoa. Did Prathun just fix Kithicor? That's seriously awesome. Thank you
  20. Catashe Augur

Ah Prathun he's like the JChan of the Kith Forest like JChan was to the Server Q when Ragefire/Lockjaw launched ;)