Well, that was terrible.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Mythas Grimlore, May 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mythas Grimlore New Member

Buddy and I were ready to go at 4:30pm EST. Super hyped. Got in right away, even made a character. Then disconnected.

Then in queue for 50 minutes. One of us got back on! Hooray! Started running mail quest to build up plat reserves. Made it to 4.5 plat. Random disconnect. Back in queue. 2 hours later, he gets in with his boxes. Another hour later my box gets in, yay! I start running mail quest. Then my main account gets in... but crashes because I was fullscreen playing League of Legends while waiting. Back to the end of the line. Fine, whatever, we'll go without it.

Get level 2 from mail quest on all characters, buy spells, group up, start killing. Main account still in queue, it's dropped from 75 min to 59 min! And then... my laptop disconnects for no discernible reason.

F. That. Noise. I'm not sitting through more hours of queuing on a server where there are already level 15+ characters. Game's over, congrats on your kronos.

What a colossal waste of my time. Back to Phinny. Anyone left to exp/LDON with?
    DirtyGurtie likes this.
  2. itzagame_m8s Journeyman

I'll be on Phinny until my month runs out. We'll look for ya there.

We still play WoW though.

Legion is a bit grindy and RNG but at least I can log in!
  3. Jenkins New Member

What did you expect for day one launch? People who play MMO's should know this by now.. No point on complaining and bragging about "WoW" go back to WoW then, no one cares.
  4. Goodnews Augur

everyone cares, Jenkins. Everyone cares
  5. Hinastorm86 Augur

This would be fair, if not for phinnys pretty damn smooth launch. People were coming into this with expectations after that.
  6. Bailen Augur

Daybreak was hoping to lure a few players back who lost interest after PoP. The numbers for this launch might be a lot higher than what they had to handle for phinny.
  7. Tachya Elder

You realize that you are one of the reasons it's so hard to get in? So many players they can't even get into the server, and you guys have to box.
    OssOr likes this.
  8. kamikazeheart Elder

Should have waited to start playing Thursday, launch days are always like this.
  9. HoodenShuklak Augur

What are they doing about all the, mmmm, extra bags?
  10. snailish Augur

One would be wise to not obtain an extra bag that is supposed to be one-per-character.
    This doesn't necessarily get dealt with immediately, but it has been dealt with in the past.
  11. hein Augur

LETS ALSO NOT FORGET. This isn't a new game launching, or even a new expansion launching. It's a server! It shouldn't be this way! Did they not see all the people that subscribed to play? They new the numbers and did nothing about it. Horrific launch. Not only that, they sent out a Facebook post, hyping everyone up and saying "hey ! take a day off work!" Only for people to look at a server screen with a que system that doesn't even work. This is why people are so upset.
  12. AgentofChange Augur

If krono weren't duped than I doubt anything will be done. Extra bags doesn't really affect anyone else's gameplay. It's not gamebreaking and in a month nobody will care. There are many ways to get more than 1 bag on a character if this is something you require.
  13. dc.hawkeyegold Lorekeeper

Sorry I am going to frame this honestly and directly. They knew this launch was going to come with lots of whining. People like you who don't have the first foggy clue how the process works. They knew it was going to be numbers unlike any ever seen. And they did what was possible to get as many people into the server as possible.

Last night the most people (and by FAR) that have ever played at one time on a single EQ server, in the 18 year history of EQ, played on Agnarr. And you think in that tiny little mind of yours that this kind of thing ever, for anyone, for any product, goes off w/o a hitch? You're insane.
  14. hein Augur

If only my little mind could be as brilliant and enlightened as yours. Thanks for your insults and pretending that nothing I said was a valid feeling. We all knew it was going to be crazy, we knew there would be delays and issues. However, even now people are unable to log in and while there was no way to launch this perfectly and flawlessly, they could have done a better job. Again, thanks for sharing your great brilliance with us all, if only we could all be more like you.
  15. dc.hawkeyegold Lorekeeper

Well don't beat yourself up over it ;)
  16. hein Augur

One thing I do agree with. This is the largest population of people coming to EQ in 18 years. That's pretty exciting, and also demonstrates, that this is truly what a lot of players wanted. Wonder why it took this long to do something about it :confused:
  17. Sinhika Lorekeeper

I'm looking at whiney OP complaining about not being able to connect with his boxes. And his buddy with his boxes. On a "True Box" (i.e., no boxing) server. My sympathy went to zero... and then he complained "something... something kronos". My sympathy went negative, into schadenfreude.

p.s. I still haven't gotten on to create a character. Waiting until the login queue (a) subsides, (b) login actually works.
  18. Baldur Augur

That's pure speculation, you have no idea. It was this bad at Ragefire launch and they didn't have the queue until day 2 or 3 I think. So imagine hours of what you went through but instead of waiting in a queue you had to keep clicking play, over and over and over and hope you'd get in.

One thing about clicking play over the queue is that if you were dedicated you could get in faster.
  19. Boosi Lorekeeper

lol people are level 15 and my boxes can't log in, therefore game is over
  20. Wolrok Elder

My favorie bit was "anyone to xp with?" when he runs boxes.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.