Can't create a character + login queue

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MaestroM, May 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mashef Augur

You need to open the flood gates soon here guys, PST time people are about to be off work if they aren't already. This should be improving and it is going to regress if it isn't resolved before the next major wave of players....
  2. Dontee Elder

lots on Twitch playing....
  3. Amoeba Augur

Been through enough of these to know its not a good idea. That and I am saving my time off for special vacations.

Hope things are good by Saturday!
  4. The Hated One Augur

Normally in a game, with ques, you seem them decrease over time. It basically says...hey your average wait time is 30, 25, 20, 15, 10, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, TADAH!!! But here, where customer service and planning is king, the que gets longer. So riddle me this DBG...how the blank does that even make sense? so...it goes to infinity and im just supposed to sit here and wait? if I have a place in the que...why does it get longer?
  5. Enchanter01 New Member

You realize that limiting a queue based on number of people logged into the game is going to have 0 effect on people hammering the login/creation screens right? Anyone that actually gets in is staying in "forever" and as such you still have the same amount of people hammering those servers indefinitely. Effectively anyone who isn't currently in will never get in since people who are on aren't going to log off, and the effect of that is login / creation will continue getting hammered at the same rate they are "forever". You need to at minimum continually increase the cap every 5minutes or something if you want the login server / creation spam to stop anytime soon.
    Ajos likes this.
  6. Ellise Journeyman

You should just start over then. They've rebooted the login server twice which booted everyone from the queue, so you probably have a phantom connection.
  7. Kixel Journeyman

6 Players i know are submitting refunds. Why are you trying to run this server launch on 2001 technology? Hire Blizzard, they can help you out with this.
  8. Traspe Journeyman

Yea DBG dropped the ball here..going to lose a lot of interest, nothing has changed over the years
  9. ZerksTheLizard Journeyman

We should get some free xp potions or something this is just a train wreck lots of people made a point to make time for this launch
  10. Stigmas Elder

Hello and welcome to the world of MMO's always plan on issues logging on at launch times. If you want to take work off schedule it the next day.
  11. Talimat Elder

How in the world wasn't this fixed from the Phinny incident, especially when everyone's been talking about how the interest in a PoP lock server is much higher than normal TLP servers...we knew the pop would be even higher.
  12. Flea Lorekeeper

So the answer is yes?
  13. beefeater_dp Journeyman

Players are not being added to the game. Please bounce the login server again. At least some people get in that way.
  14. Marshall Mathers New Member

Maybe they should have set up like 3 servers.. with one giant naming pool.. and just combine the servers as the interest fades over the next few weeks.. I'm not a genius.. but how many times do we have to see the same mistakes.. over and over
    Lennyn likes this.
  15. Syraniss New Member

I don't care about xp potions.... all I want is to claim my names.
    Chanur likes this.
  16. Turkeygoblin New Member

Which is actually a HUGE advantage that snowballs if they use that advantage well. Talking a dozen kronos worth if not far, far more from having a monopoly on camps etc. Seriously a wipe is in order with the fact that so few people were originally allowed in and have had free reign for almost 3 hours now. Such bull.
    Noctain, Chanur and Lennyn like this.
  17. NeonTribez Journeyman

can we get a rollback please? thanks. I somehow expected a smoother launch since daybreak has done this 5+ times already and why is this such a mess still. No updates on twitter.
    Noctain likes this.
  18. Lennyn Elder

That would also stop people from creating names to sell. 989 Studios/Verant Interactive/Sony Online Entertainment/Daybreak Games is probably not intelligent enough to do this. They've had 18 years to get server launches right and still can't do it. Someone should lose their job.
  19. ianchudson Journeyman

Mepps posted in another thread that DBG was going to give everyone DE Masks for this cluster of a day one failure. Send PMs directly to him to collect reward.
  20. Syraniss New Member

While you're at it bounce everyone that is currently logged in. They have had enough time to play give the rest of us a chance.
    Noctain likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.