How does the queue work???

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Sniggz, May 24, 2017.

1. Sniggz Elder

Can a staff member let us know how the queue actually works? Are we supposed to click OK, or do we just leave the dialogue box up? Question has been asked by hundreds of people including those that are streaming and literally no answers have been given.
    yerm likes this.
  2. Janakin Augur

"Click ok, all you will see is the server selection screen, and if you need to you can hit Play and Ok again without losing your place in the Q." - Found that from last release. I also read being in chat keeps you from disconnecting from server select. /shrug
  3. is2u New Member

Why doesn't this queue show what number we are in line? Are you afraid we'll see we are 100th in line and leave? Just let us know the status of what is going on? This EQ mystery answer to every question is really getting old. Like 15 years old at that.
    Miasaou likes this.
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

You can click OK. It will not remove you from your place in line.
    Miasaou and nirriri like this.
  5. Ellis Elder

Yeah if we have to deal with these queues it could at least be clear about how they work. Every time I hit "join server" again, and see a new, updated time, did I just get bumped to the back of the queue? Or am I still in from the first time I clicked it?
  6. Xanathol Augur

The queue timer keeps getting longer and longer... definitely well past the initial esitmate (double that actually).
  7. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

Yet when I first clicked OK, it said one minute. It is now up to 19 minutes, and has been 30 minutes since I got the first message.

Oh, and what is the new second server gonna be called? lol
  8. InsomniAddict Journeyman

you're still in the same spot, if you read the whole message, it says that you are still in the queue
  9. Dulu Augur

If you get placed in queu, then click OK, your estimated time changes...?
  10. Ghalea New Member

So, If nobody logs out, the queue will never forward?
    Dulu likes this.
  11. Cabdru New Member

It would appear people are sitting at character creation or something because this que is not moving
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We have a lower-than-usual cap to relieve congestion on character creation. We are raising the cap slowly as people get created and in.
  13. SlickRick New Member

Thats not your estimated time, its the average estimated wait
  14. Starshape Elder

Mepps does clicking 'Play Everquest' again reset our place? That's different to clicking OK.
  15. AgentofChange Augur

By slowly do you mean 0? Literally nobody logging in, 0 picks up in the newbie areas. There are more people playing on the Bristlebane server right now...
  16. Baldur Augur

At least there is a queue, when Ragefire first launched there was no queue.

They also added an AFK boot for a while as well because everyone was leaving their guys logged on so they wouldn't risk being queued again.

People were getting around the AFK boot too, It's why they opened Lockjaw. They won't make that mistake again though, open a 2nd server that will only end up dying. Although Lockjaw and Ragefire were both doing fine until they opened Phinigel.
  17. Typucm Elder

But it will never let u in.
    Me wait 6 min (as it display first time), wait 6 more min, another 6 min, and now it display 20 min!
  18. Reht The Dude abides...

Then you should consider modifying your queue code to place a queue on character creation so those of us who already created characters can bypass that.
    OssOr and Ghalea like this.
  19. InsomniAddict Journeyman

You keep your spot, it just tells you the current wait time.
  20. InsomniAddict Journeyman

It said 1m for me at first, but the queue is stalled due to people taking a long time at character creation, just wait.