Why People Threatened by Agnarr???

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by hein, May 23, 2017.

1. Potawatomi Augur

He responded with a pretty specific reason. You want to respond so bad that it seems you didn't take the time to digest what was said.

You also seem super mad about this. How bout you take 5 from the forums and go enjoy the game?
    Sheex, Coronay and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Paranoid much?
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Yeah I must have missed all those Agnar threads in the Veterans forum. Maybe they were discussed in the TLP forums by the TLP players?

And I gave you a specific reason why some people are bothered by new servers opening up all the time and you said I was vague So you seemed be acting very obtuse. It think it was a godo use of the word and appropriate to the conversation.

And I am sure no one wants you to remain on their server so please don't hold back because of us.
  4. Rauven Augur

That's a lie. This is what you said:

Hit by what? A train? You're being vague intentionally. You outright refused to go into more detail about the impact of the reason you gave. I gave you the benefit of the doubt and tried to get you to elaborate. But you feared the ensuring debate. When pressed harder, you clammed up. There's consequences for that.

So lets tear your little reason apart with raw fact.

We know what you meant. You mean a population hit. Meaning Agnarr will draw away players. You've yet (and I'm going to say you actively avoided it) to explain why those players shouldn't move. I put forth the motion that such players leaving other servers would be an actual boon. I've explained why before but I will do so again for posterity:

1. They wish to be on Agnarr over the previous server.
    2. They believe they will be happier on Agnarr than the previous server.
    3. They will not have to remain on a server that doesn't fit the ruleset they want.

Now the burden of proof is on you all to prove that keeping someone on a server they don't wish to remain on is better for them and the server itself.

But you cannot prove that. You know it. That's why you've deflected over and over. I'd give you some advice. Walk away.
  5. Semah Augur

He's the STORM LORD. Of course he's threatening. Have you seen him??
    Malachi likes this.
  6. Coronay Augur

Wow man chill the eff out.
  7. Reval Augur

What are you even doing dude?

So I'm threatened, and have an agenda, but I have no explanation? I mean if you've got it all figured out, then why do I have an agenda and why am I threatened? Jesus man. Get yourself together.

Take off the tin foil hat.

Now take off the tin foil hat you had under that tinfoil hat.

Now take off the third tin foil hat.

All I did was explain why some people might not be so happy about Agnarr. Here's you coveted "facts"

Fact: Everquest is fun because you play it with other people.

Fact: Many events in Everquest are designed to require up to 54 skilled people.

Fact: As you spread people out more and more, it becomes harder to maintain the people required to do raids for mid tier guilds, and then the struggling guilds will have a hard time.

Hate on it all you want. Deny it all you want. I beat the expansion so it's no skin off my back. I'm just telling it like it is. If population didn't matter, you literally wouldn't be here arguing this. The fact that you ever posted to begin with completely validates what I've said.

Every single person in the game could have their own exact specific ideal ruleset. Let's say Daybreak made a ruleset for each individual player, it's their ideal ruleset. And sure, maybe a few rulesets have 2-3 players. But let's say yours has just you. It's literally only you. What do you do? Do you stay forever alone in your personal ruleset paradise? I wouldn't. There's no way I would. I'd go find a server with people that were fun to play the game with, and it would be sad to me that the number of fun people to play the game with was diminished by the absurd number of servers in this example. I don't care if their ruleset is the "you die every 15 minutes for no reason due to AE death touch server". If they have fun there, and it's more fun than my "the find trail is a ton of plat in the form of rings like in sonic the hedgehog" server then I'll go that way. You can have fun all by yourself with your bad attitude.
    EnchFWO and Coronay like this.
  8. Rauven Augur

This little tirade you just went on proves one thing. You are threatened by what I said. You would have said f-it and moved on if not. But you didn't. You came back to right some wrong that I inflicted on you.

Something I said ticked you the hell off. A couple of you are trying to turn the argument around on me about how ticked off I am. Let me tell you where I stand. I don't even play on any of the current servers. I came back to play on Agnarr from FFXIV. I was playing on Ragefire for a little bit to get back into the swing of things.

I saw this thread by hein the OP and thought, "look at this cheeky little post, saying it will be the best server ever." And didn't really think to reply. That was until I noticed several little ragers in general chat complaining about the new server.

Those that were talking about it that wished to go were hyped. Its kinda neat to see that. There's a little community forming. Discord, even little guides popping up and such. Every TLP server has this of course. But each time everyone has fun with it. Whatever.

But then I saw a dark spot. People whining, complaining, and just being disparaging. Why are they doing that? Because they are losing friendships? Are you freaking kidding me? Seriously I'm not going to believe anyone here is so Naive to believe that. I'll literally give you all that much credit. I don't think you're naive. I do believe you are dishonest however.

Nobody goes on a little rant in general chat using terms I cannot even repost in this thread because they might lose a few guildies. If that's true, then there's an illness. But that's ridiculous. That isn't happening.

And then there's the issue I keep bringing up. Why anyone would want a 'friend' to stay on a server on which they don't wish to stay on. That has been avoided by everyone. But comes back down to the three points I made in my first post.

1. Jealousy
    2. Greed.
    3. Trolling.

And to your facts you've brought up. I've already covered those. https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...reatened-by-agnarr.240775/page-2#post-3543607

But like I said. Something irked you and you had to lash out. Advice still stands, you might want to walk away from this.
  9. Reval Augur

You're barking up the wrong tree lol. Eat a diet that calms you down, maybe less caffeine.

The whole "everyone else is lashing out against me" thing doesn't work when no one is lashing out. People are just explaining.
  10. Rauven Augur

If I were to say something like that, you'd have hit the report button.
  11. Reval Augur

Put down the mountain dew soldier.

You're walking around here shouting from the rooftops "Hey if someone goes to agnarr THEY DON'T WANT TO PLAY WITH YOU!" and then you're trying to make it like anyone that would ever want to play everquest with other actual people is some selfish monster. Seriously? What are you? Kid Rock in Joe Dirt?

The server ruleset always matters. But people are what make the game great. That's all there is to it. Soak in that for a while. Then walk away, because you're being ridiculous.
    Coronay likes this.
  12. Agrippa Augur

When every server gets locked for the sake of one might be just one reason.
  13. Aurastrider Augur

This thread is like watching a train wreck full of baby kittens and puppy dogs. A couple of unnamed individuals need to get back on their anxiety meds and maybe go out into the sunshine every once in a while. Vitamin D does wonders I hear.
  14. Malachi Augur

Worth
  15. Potawatomi Augur

How can one get so worked up over a forum post?

I hope Agnar works out for you.
    Coronay likes this.
  16. Rauven Augur

I think some of you millennials are inexperienced with dealing with confrontation and debate. I don't see how you get anger out of any of my forum posts. Nowhere did I attack the character or personality of anyone, only their points and ideas. But apparently that is easily taken personally.

When someone disagrees with you, and I know your parents, teachers, and in some cases governments have told you otherwise, it doesn't mean that person is mad at you or hates you.
  17. Coronay Augur

Ahh the old "I am losing, start calling everyone millenials!" strategy. Let's see how that works out for you.
  18. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

[IMG]

Deep breaths, people.
    Coronay likes this.
  19. Sissruukk Rogue One

I am personally not concerned about Agnarr. Most of the people I play with are staying put on Vox, and I know how to keep up communications with those that are choosing to move.

There are some things, though, that could cause concern:

1) New server opens, becomes fotm, population drops, less grouping available.
    2) Guild working on progressing through raid content, doing well with it, loses 1/4-1/2 core raid force. Progression stops. Have to recruit from smaller population, gear new people, train in strat on "older" raid content that needs to be done again to get back to where the guild was.
    3) Friendships lost over time...many people only communicate in game and via Discord-like means. As people move on to new server, they themselves could be making new friends, new guildmates, but many will lose touch with the old friends and guildmates from the old server. Good for person moving, but perhaps not so good for the guy staying who had a reliable grouping partner and a good friend to chat it up with until the new server going live.

These are just a few things. But, there are positives to these as well.
    1) Less grouping, but probably find more reliable and steady groups, especially if you guild up.
    2) If a guild is stong, they will recover from this. If they are willing to step back and redo content to help bring new members up to speed to get back to where they were, then it will be worth it. Having players who won't just up and quit because you aren't moving forward at the moment helps. A situation like this, to me, really tells you the quality of the members of the guild: Give up and break up, or stand strong, train others, and rebuild?
    3) Friends...just like in life, you will lose contact with friends that move on, and you will make new ones that newly arrive.

While a lot will say, "Eh, its just a game, get over it!", in reality, a lot of us have been playing EQ (or EQ and other MMOs) now for nearly 20 years. The communities that we develop in game are just as much a part of our life as the communities we set up outside the game. And while it is important to remember to put IRL first, we cannot, at this point, minimize the impact of the socialization within EQ has on our lives. So, a change coming like Agnarr, which can shake up friendships and guilds, can be stressful to those who see others leaving.
    Kajira likes this.
  20. Potawatomi Augur

You're taking it way to seriously and no one cares enough as you. That's the issue.

Welcome to the everquest forums!