Nektulous Mob - Low Spawn Rate After Patch

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Anarth, May 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ishbu Augur

It takes a special kind of sad to not care about something that doesn't concern you but matters to others, AND go out of your way to pretend like this is the best entertainment you can find.
  2. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

What's really entertaining is hanging out on the EQ forums and playing Spot the Sociopath. Never understood why, but this game seems to attract them like no other. I don't play WoW, though, but I can only imagine. Seriously, if you have a cursory grasp on the basic traits, you can just see it oozing from their posts.
    Ming Tee, Ishbu and Karrbon1 like this.
  3. Zapford Elder

Oh please. I don't care because it's stupid. You have 3 months to hit 50, and you're here crying over an extra hour or two, that's what's really sad. It's a non issue, and will be forgotten by the time you hit 10th level. Use your energy to figure out alternate paths, learn to adapt, be proactive, not reactive.

Yeah it sucks that the mobs are few and far between, but if that ruins the game for you, don't play. I can only imagine the crying that will happen over every imagined slight, or thing that doesn't go your way if you do play.
  4. Cats Meow Journeyman

I took a look today and this is what I saw. Somebody on my channel told me the spawn rate was this low back in 1999. I never started a barbarian back then so I wouldn't know.
    Really feel sorry for barbarian newbies when they see 50+ standing around this spot waiting for the 3 mobs to pop.

5. Ellis Elder

No one is saying it "ruins the game" or will affect their long-term enjoyment FFS. This is a natural reaction to a seemingly pointless change that does nothing but make life difficult for some level 1-2's - for what gain, exactly? Just because something doesn't make you quit the server doesn't mean you can't point it out when it's a negative. You're here suggesting that people find "alternate paths" at level 1 for crying out loud. That should tell you something about your hot take.
    Zapford likes this.
  6. Syllestrae Elder

^--
  7. Reht The Dude abides...

Prathun was probably bored at work the other day and was like "Hey watch what happens when i do this....yep, triggered!!"
    Zapford likes this.
  8. Ishbu Augur

This just proves you are here for no other reason than compensating for some deficiency in your real life. How you may ask? You got back up on your soap box to talk down about "crying" over things that "dont go my way" but it turns out, I didnt make a single post complaining about the lack of mobs at all at any point in this thread. You arent even discussing what is being discussed at this point, just trying to make random people online think you are superior for some pathetic reason.

Run along or if you feel the childlike need to reply again, at least respond with something actually happening that I did in fact post about previously.
    Zapford likes this.
  9. Aaramis Augur

T'was the night before Agnarr,
    And all through Nek Forest,
    Not a creature was stirring,
    Despite what Devs say....
    Dulu likes this.
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Things are getting a bit heated, so we're going to lock up this thread. We believe the zones as they are now are more appropriate for the era, and we'll monitor the launch tomorrow for any issues.
  11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

As we continued investigating yesterday, we identified two unintended issues with certain very low level NPCs.

We will hotfix today before Agnarr launches to restore NPCs near the entrance to Neriak in Nektulos that were integral after the zone revamp. We will also reduce the respawn timer on wandering newbie NPCs in Everfrost who had a significantly longer respawn than newbie NPCs in other zones. No downtime will be required.

We will also continue to monitor the newbie zones today after launch.
    anathema, Jenarie and MaestroM like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.