Rusty Weapons rare after Nek/Hal nerf...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dulu, May 23, 2017.

1. Dulu Augur

It's anecdotal, but I've ran 4 test runs now post starting area nerfs, and I haven't seen a single rusty 2-hander. And a LOT LESS rusty 1 handers.

Is this intentional? Or a side effect of less mobs?
  2. Grelf Journeyman

#Rustygate2017
  3. AgentofChange Augur

EverQuest uses an RNG loot drop system for those of you new to the game. Welcome!
  4. Dulu Augur

Right, but this is not a classic rate of rusty weapons.

I think the percent chance for them to spawn is still tuned to the numbers of skeletons we had before the starter mob nerf (most skeletons were level 1).

If we are only going to have a few skeletons in the zone at a time, shouldn't the rate be boosted to something more passable?
  5. Mel The Evil one Journeyman

Prior to this nerf, i haven't logged in to check since, I had made lvl 1's to run around my starter city and grinded for 3 hours and found no rusty 2 hander. However found 8 rusty 2 handers in about 2 hours in black burrow. Again this was before said nerf.
  6. Rhodz Augur

I would not think they changed the loot tables(that is a lot of work) also but who would ever of guessed they would do half hat is done and just ignore AoC he is just white knighting.
    Will know for sure Wednesday.
  7. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Never knew ignore also removed their posts thanks.
  8. Rhodz Augur

Well did not mean literally put him on ignore... but
  9. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I leveled a couple characters to 5 on Phinigal and Ragefire in the last month. Saw tons of rusty weapons, but no 2 handers or anything at the top end of the rusty weapon list. That is probably normal. Those may drop off of higher mobs that are too low to drop bronze or fine steel.
  10. karioki Journeyman

Just leveled a Beastlord Barbie on Ragefire to level 9. Didn't find a two handed sword until Black Burrow where they are a frequent drop.
  11. Shaidin Journeyman

I have leveled 4 toons to lvl 2 in 4 different zones. so far I have received 1 rusty short sword, 1 cracked staff and 1 cloth wristband as upgrade loot
  12. Ellis Elder

FWIW (very little) I solo'd to level 3 on a Barb last night and got 1 rusky ulak, 1 rusty dagger, and 1 rusty axe. It didn't seem out of line from what's normal, with the exception of there just needing to be more mobs around.
  13. karioki Journeyman

I have been away for a year, returned to play on Agnarr and have been blown away by the diminished number of mobs. I don't yet know what it will be like on Agnarr in the upcoming weeks as we are all fighting for Mobs to kill but right now in player empty Dungeon zones (e.g. Black Burrow) it makes things so much easier - not desired. I can get that in every other game I play.
  14. AgentofChange Augur

Yall are doing some fox news level reaching here at this point. It's getting pretty absurd.
  15. Jenarie Elder

Rusty weapons are the key to smithing.
    If you want your banded... jump on the bandwagon! ;)
  16. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I heard there's literally billions of rusty daggers just sitting at the bottom of a pond near you!
    Jenarie likes this.
  17. Jenarie Elder

OMG FISHING! Those sandals were my very first pair of shoes...
  18. Aaramis Augur

Save all bone chips.
    Make an alt in Faydwer (Dwarf being the easiest for this).
    Turn in bone chips to the Kaladim Paladin trainer - get a mix of rewards including rusty weapons.

100 bone chips should get the alt to level 3 or 4 and net you a metric fton of rusty weapons to skillup on.
    Jenarie likes this.