Nektulous Mob - Low Spawn Rate After Patch

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Anarth, May 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhoulicas Augur

It's not that there aren't mobs re spawning, but they're in a different area than usual. There are hardly any mob respawning around the neriak guards in front of the city.
  2. Prathun Developer

Hundreds of thousands of characters managed to hit level 5 in pre-Gates EverQuest without the benefit of a pile of newbie mobs milling a few feet from their starting point. There are still hundreds of fast-respawning low level NPCs in newbie zones on progression servers - they just aren't in a dense ball. This requires some exploration and hunting, just like back in 1999-2004.
    liveitup1216 and Thewiz like this.
  3. Healingyousometimes Journeyman

For a sec I thought this was TLP not P99. Whats the downfall of having lots of those lower level mobs at the starting area?
  4. That One Guy Augur

Glad we waited for the weekend to be over to hear this amazing news.

Welcome new players!

Is this the official post that you aren't changing it back? Or are you just here to actually upset more people by telling us to suck it up and quit complaining?
  5. Tseroth91 New Member

LOL
  6. Baldur Augur

You're obviously a filthy casual, don't you know how hardcore it was back in 99. They're trying to recreate all that ambiance.

In all seriousness though, it's one of the reasons I quit playing on p99. They were actually putting bugs back in the game because "that's how it was back then". I remember reading one of the patch notes for p99 going wtf, they just put a bug back in the game, on purpose. Most people like nostalgia, but good nostalgia, not reliving the bad parts.
  7. Reht The Dude abides...

And where they are spawning and/or pathing is nothing like it was in 1999-2004; there used to be plenty of NPCs spawning within spiting distance of the Neriak entrance. I spent an hour there the other night just watching and could run from neriak entrance to lavastorm without seeing a single NPC until i hit the undead camp near LS and i wasn't hugging the wall.
  8. Healingyousometimes Journeyman

so far:
    No update on the buyable second chance bag(we want to give DBG our money)
    A nerf to pick zones which imo will really suck
    Less mobs to kill from the start which should encourage all those new to TLP ppl to want to stay longer

anything else? we are retrogressing here.
  9. mugwump New Member

There were never this few mobs in these zones. If this is some sort of sneaky cash grab to sell some exp. pots, I for one wait until there's a pretty steady income of mobs/experience before I even consider buying/using one. Seriously why not 'fix' something useful, like the few epic bottlenecks that remain.

I stopped playing Phinny at launch because of the reduced experience and the lack of communication about it until after the fact- and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I hope there's no further surprises in-store for later zones... yikes.
  10. Hinastorm86 Augur

I dont have a horse in this race but out of curiosity, did anyone check paineel noob yard?
    Its a very small, dense yard with almost instant respawns, curious if thats different now also.
  11. Absor Developer

Ok, I have to bow out of this argument. It seems there has been a bit of confusion on my part about what is going on here. You'll have to continue this discussion with Prathun. I was unaware of the changes, and can't speak to them.

Though I do stick by the fact that there were certainly level 1 NPCs in those zones, I can't speak to how many have been removed or why.

A
    liveitup1216 and snailish like this.
  12. ZappedBoys Lorekeeper

Yeah in 1999 they also had the highest populations seen on EQ servers all gunning to XP at launch with the knowledge of over 18 years of play.

Makes a ton of sense.
  13. Rhodz Augur

So yall got so little to do that this was a priority and yet there was no time to let people know what they were seeing is exactly intended and yet again enough time to post... this.
    I have to curb my true opinion since there is a power differential here but I think it wont take much imagination to guess.
  14. Rhodz Augur

Thank you and I hate being right.
  15. Tseroth91 New Member

baby come back
    Rhodz likes this.
  16. Galleyan Augur

Soooooo... out of curiosity... what were the server populations like in 1999-2004? Specifically on launch day of new servers?

Shall I bet you a beer that it's less than current TLPs?

This is a silly change. You guys are notorious for digging your heels in on the most trivial and stupid stuff. Stop it. Seriously.

[IMG]
    Karrbon1, Rhodz and ZappedBoys like this.
  17. Rhodz Augur

So I guess Bards will now get back their ability to AOE kite because well that is how it was ... Meh not holding my breath.
  18. Galleyan Augur

Hey, this means they'll put old school Manastones back in right?
    And Moss Covered Twigs?
    And all the other ridiculously OP items? Cause classic?

Ooooh... Maybe we'll finally get old Freeport back.

File that under "**** that won't happen."
    Rhodz and Karrbon1 like this.
  19. Anarth Lorekeeper

Awesome. So Prathun, can we get a legitimate explanation besides "shut up and deal with it"?
  20. Pikallo Augur

I feel like this mass hysteria is going to play out about the same way the PoStorms named giant fiasco played out. For weeks before PoP released people whined and cried and speculated and predicted the server would fail and die and the PoStorms bottleneck would be the worst thing ever. Yet, in reality, it was barely noticeable given the number of picks and how quickly people cycled through zone.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.