Ag'Nah I don't think so.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Son of a..., May 20, 2017.

1. Son of a... Augur

Why can't DB just open a 1 person = 1 account, no boxes, no multiple toons server. Period, end of story. No tricky double-speak. I mean how many TLP servers have been opened up since Ragefire? With so many flavors, you would think this could happen.
  2. Tudadar Augur

They get paid per account
  3. Syllestrae Elder

So family members can't play together?
  4. eqenthusiast1983 Elder

Maybe because people want to be able to get the quests done and camp the things they need for their character, without depending on what other people want to do? Did you consider this?

I played rogue on phinny and it was like pulling teeth trying to get groups, get things done that I needed.

Not this time, rolling 3 boxes and I'm going to be able to play on my schedule and not other's.

If you want to play one character because you want to get carried through the game, go right ahead, the rest of us want to get stuff done without having to beg folks for help.
  5. Reht The Dude abides...

Bad ideas are still bad regardless of the number of TLP servers opened.
  6. Rhodz Augur

You mean an old FV rules server with the rather huge deal breaking problem of people on the same router no being able to play together... I would love an old style FV TLP down the road at some point god willing and the creek dont rise but the restriction of my wife and I not being able to play together kills it so dead.
    But not my money involved so knock yourself out.
  7. AgentofChange Augur

This ain't p99 bruh
  8. Vandross Lorekeeper

Lol no. Why do you dislike boxing? Have you tried it? Are you good at it? etc. Quit crying.
    Ming Tee likes this.
  9. Ellis Elder

Nice attitude. Someone expresses interest in a server with no boxing - not an unreasonable desire - and you come up with "quit crying"
    Rainhall and andross77 like this.
  10. Rhodz Augur

It is a matter of not having a good way to do it, not the will to do it.
  11. Dulu Augur

P99 has no boxing at all. That rule alone means I'd go back if they launched a fresh server, especially a pvp server
    ECrack likes this.
  12. Rhodz Augur

Due to way they do this, getting a pass on two computers on same router, there is more boxing than you think.
    Reht likes this.
  13. Gemini Syringes Augur

I know you think this sounds good, but there would be less players on a server like this and DBG would make a lot less money. That's a bad combination. Huge majority of boxers are just people with an oog buff bot and that's not bad for anyone at all.
  14. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

You'll never see this for the reasons listed. They make money from multiple accounts and would lose money having to enforce it.

That said, and slightly off topic, I do think it would be a good idea to address early game balance if they are going to keep launching new TLPs periodically. Several classes, arguably all melees really, are grossly sub par early on and several classes are grossly OP, which contributes to the problem you seem to be addressing with this.
  15. Rhodz Augur

That is just Classic all over
  16. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

Not really. We know things now, en masse, that we didn't then. It was a very long time before we really knew what most stats even did, much less the true abilities (or not) of a lot of classes. Now, we know. The imbalances are classic. How they are used is not.
  17. Basak Augur

I multi-boxed on P99. Got to like level 9 before I realised that is not the EQ I want anymore so went back to Daybreak. It was a fun bit of nostalgia, and I may pop in from time to time if only to explore the old pre-revamp zones, namely Freeport.
  18. Dulu Augur

Good thing you left at level 9, because the first GM to see you, or anyone who catches you on video - and you would have been banned within hours.
  19. Goodnews Augur

Someone in authority at DBG has the rest convinced leaving boxing in on every. single. server. is the "only" option. Why they keep that going could be any number of reasons.
    That being said, having a no-box, no krono server would appeal to many players. Players who choose not to play on box servers.
    That would mean a new revenue stream. The excuses (and pitiful insults) offered here to refute/answer your question are illogical at best.
    There have been several servers now teasing different rules but all catering to the same demographic. Its the only group that is still around. The rest have moved on to other games. Its the quiet masses that slip through the fingers.
    Make no mistake, though. If some day they decide to open a single server that does not allow boxing and krono, they would finally get the empirical proof to answer the question of whether or not it would bring back a few thousand of the millions of former eq vets... The rest is conjecture.
    Dulu likes this.
  20. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

I would absolutely pay a premium sub fee, probably higher than most would, for a no boxing, no krono server where the old pnp was enforced rigorously.

But if it ever happened I would eat a hat, because it's never going to happen.
    Senadin likes this.