Advanced Loot System.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MaestroM, May 3, 2017.

1. taliefer Augur

you do know you can set it to autoloot anything assigned to your personal loot window, right?
  2. Strawberry Augur

1) new players have no idea there is an auto loot all setting to begin with
    2) they have no idea where it is

3) and this is the most important...new players can not use Auto Loot All in a group. A player who doesn't understand, or doesn't feel like learning the complex loot system, is excluded from any group loot since they will greed or need on nothing, therefore getting no loot whatsoever

I don't think micromanaging loot was a good idea. It leaves new players open to exploitation, it creates a barrier to entry for returning players and other MMO have have plenty of examples of automated loot systems that aren't overly complex.

Lastly, this forum is not a great representation of the EQ playerbase, I have met plenty of people who came back to EQ, and after weeks of playing, still either refused to learn the system, or found it too complex to learn. And you see groups taking advantage of that because valuable loot is no longer called in group and the people who haven't grapsed the loot system are out in the cold.
  3. Kahna Augur

I really don't think this is as big a problem as you are making it out to be. People will learn it, older folks will help the newer folks. It will all work out. No one who is willing to put in a little effort is going to get left out in the cold. At this point the game would lose far more people by removing it than they would from folks who refuse to learn how to use it. Your effort would be better spent trying to help teach new folks how to use it. Rather than railing against it.
  4. taliefer Augur

ive not come across anyone that actually took a few minutes and actually tried to use the advloot system that wasnt able to do so.

the only people that "cant" use it, are those too stubborn to want to learn how to use.

i was one of those people. i absolutely railed against the advloot window when it was first introduced. now i cant imagine playing without it.
  5. Kaley_D'vere Journeyman

Ask, and ye shall be edumacated! I have, by and large, found the general playerbase to be more than willing to explain things, especially to new users. But they can't teach if you don't ask and sit there seething quietly!
    Kiani likes this.
  6. Strawberry Augur

Most people understand the basic rolling, auto loot, leave on cropse thing. Most MMO have some form of autolooting, quest items that autocomplete, etc.

What people do not get, is the greed / need / filter stuff.

What most MMO don't have is the filter system EQ uses, in my opinion, loot micromanagement does not belong in games.

[IMG]
  7. taliefer Augur

i dont think you know what micromanaging is. you set the filters once, and literally never have to worry about them again. thats like, the opposite of micromanaging.

i get it if you dont like the adv loot system just because you dont like the adv loot system, but at least tell the kids to get off your lawn while you are at it.
  8. Strawberry Augur

Once? EQ had 89,000 unique items as of 2010.
  9. taliefer Augur

ok? so you check a box once, the first time you see anything new drop. as opposed to always checking to loot something every single time something drops whether its the first or 3000th time in all the examples you've shown.

its also not like these 89000 items all drop within the same zone. once you've killed about 10 mobs in every zone, you have likely seen every trash drop there is to see in that particular zone.

im still not seeing how checking the "AN/AG" box once per item is more micromanagement than clicking the loot button every single time any item drops on any other loot system. and its just flat out objectively better than having to click a corpse to even SEE what dropped to begin with.
  10. Chatoyan Elder

For me, the loot window beats the old way of doing things purely on the basis of not having to click every corpse in a pile when looking for stuff. Under the old system, I almost never got loot while pulling because I'd usually be somewhere other than right beside the mob when it died.

Original time through LDoN was a little different, because a lot of groups used a master looter to gather up all the vendor trash and sell/split at the end.
  11. Kiani Augur

Likewise for healer and some others... You'd always get the one person who'd loot the mobs before they hit the ground, and it wasn't much, most groups did a rota on nicer stuff (fine steel early on, gems later), but it adds up.
  12. Throndor Augur

Yep, that and clerics named Aaaaaaaabe for alpha loots. "First three gems go to clerics for symbol expenses, then alpha"..
    3blue diamonds/black sapphires at NG camp later; "Ok time to start alpha loot folks! First up, Aaaaaaabe"
    /loots a Jacinth
    5 minutes later....
    Ok, next up is Aaaaabe (1 less a)
    Aaaaaaabe tells the group "Well, I better head out folks, wife agro!"

Yeah, no thanks to corpse loot or reagant expense + alpha loot nonsense.
  13. Aurastrider Augur

I am still failing to understand how some people find advloot as being confusing. Usually people who "want" to learn something do so without much difficulty unless they are just not intelligent enough to learn it. Not taking a jab as there are things in life I would love to know how to do but are obviously way to complex for my brain. This system seriously is not rocket science and for the time invested will save you so much time allowing you to kill more and obtain more loot. There is so much foolishness from the people that don't want to learn it or are to damn lazy to even give it a try. If after reading through all the advise and tips provided by others on the forums you still don't understand the system I question your ability to even be a productive member of a group.