Interactive Web Site for how use AdvLoot

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Kyllvyn, May 13, 2017.

1. Kyllvyn Journeyman

Is there a web site anywhere that has a interactive ability on how and what to do for the ADVLOOT tool?

While I've 'sort of' figured out how it works for soloing. I'd like some practice doing stuff with it if I'm in charge of a PuG.

I have read the EQ page on 'how to use' advloot. While I think I have some idea what I would be doing. Being able to practice it a bit before using it in the game will prevent me from 'fumbling around' with advloot and slowing things down.
  2. Kirab Lorekeeper

Basically I just mark everything as auto greed, unless its specific tradeskill items I'm after (which is fine with my group of friends I play with) then it's auto need. And everything is put on auto ask/roll by the group leader.

My friends also do the same thing everythign goes auto greed or never, unless you're after TS materials or a specific drop and the group knows and agrees to it.

Then named drops of course if multiple people want it, they all need and see how the roll goes. But that's how it goes playing with the same group all the time, and when PUGs join us, they get to play by our rules basically or find a different group. But so far nobody has had an issue with it.

As for a website, no I don't know of one.
  3. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Just log in to a free server and mess around with it. Even if you're waiting for Agnarr launch to subscribe, you can load up 2 free accounts on any standard server, even on just one computer. Group them together and get a feel for the loot system while grouped.

Basic advice for handling master looter in a group. Wait for a handful of items to fill up the list. Dropdown box at the bottom where it says Set all to:, set it to Auto Ask/Roll on the master looter. Now any time items that match the name of the ones in your list drop again, they will automatically be set to roll. Group members just need to select AN (always need) or AG (always greed) or NV (never) and the loot will distribute itself automatically as it drops. Will just take about a minute after each kill to roll each item. Every so often the master looter just needs to make sure any new types of items are set to Auto Ask/Roll. After you spend a decent chunk of time in one zone or at one certain camp, basically every item will be set to auto roll except rare loots you haven't encountered yet. If junk items fill up the list that nobody wants, you can again use the dropdown list at the bottom and Set all to: Leave on corpse. It will clear the window. Or you can individually click on each item to leave it on corpse. However you can also just leave them alone and they drop out of the advloot window after 15 minutes on their own anyway.
  4. Kahna Augur

Someone made a lovely instructional video. The link is in the TLP forum.
  5. Kaley_D'vere Journeyman

6. Khaelum New Member

Very helpful video. I've been back for a couple of months now (left in '02) and this new advanced loot system is extremely confusing at first glance and overwhelming. After messing around with it a bit and watching the video, it makes a lot more sense and I'm now a lot more comfortable with it's use, especially if I'm in the role of Master Looter.