Get rid of "Advanced loot"..

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dulu, May 13, 2017.

1. Dulu Augur

This is a nostalgia killer. And probably the worst loot system in any MMO I've ever played.

Seriously, just dump it.
    Strawberry likes this.
  2. ZeeK Elder

You can just turn it off and loot manually but it's really not bad once you get used to it.
    Ezra and Bardy McFly like this.
  3. taliefer Augur

Get used to it or get no loot

It's the best thing to happen to EQ.

I will admit there is a learning curve however
  4. Dulu Augur

I'm a hardcore player. I'm going to play regardless.

But, the Advanced Loot system gives me a headache, and I have about 6 hours on Lockjaw, messing around and practicing for Agnarr..

It's going to drive "Returning" players who aren't as hardcore away.

Seriously, just use the loot system that we all know, and was so easy.
  5. Galleyan Augur

It is easily one of the best things they've added to the game in YEARS...
    Ezra, Inictus, lockjaws and 7 others like this.
  6. Ellis Elder

good luck with this one :D
    PathToEternity likes this.
  7. Baldur Augur

Turn it off and click click click corpses until your hearts content.

Grouping will be hard though, will be hard to find a group willing to go back to the old way, because it's terrible. No loot for casters ever, or if they want any it forces them to come into melee range, and then it's just who's faster at clicking.

You think the advanced loot is the worst loot system ever, I think the old clicking the corpse system is the worst loot system ever.
  8. Throndor Augur

Yeah guys..just let me ninja whatever I want during the boom of a fresh server launch.
    Rouan and PathToEternity like this.
  9. Eels! The Musical New Member

I messed around with it solo and liked it. I'll admit I'm having a bit of a headache trying to figure out how it works in PUGs. Do people use master looters? Does it roll if two people have AN on? I'm sure it's excellent but I'm a little hazy on it, it's been awhile...
    Can't say I'll miss ninja looters or trying to click the right corpse in a group, tho.
  10. Lankie Augur

I don't think anyone would play if you had to manually click corpses to loot, easily the most terrible looting system ever designed. Currently Pantheon doesn't have an advanced looting system, and I think that's going to kill the game before it even gets a chance.
  11. TruthofEQ Elder

Yeah you will get used to it, but if you want to, just turn it off. This post and thread is pointless, and my reply was too!

Advanced looting rocks! It does take some time to get used to it, but honestly you sound a like a grandma who got a new smartphone and is just mad cause she doesn't understand it...
    lockjaws likes this.
  12. Galleyan Augur

My God... I can't even believe I didn't realize that... You're right...
  13. Rojas82 Journeyman

As long as the grp master looters knows what the hell their doing its awesome.
    Iyacc likes this.
  14. Runes Augur

Its a great ease of life feature and I always have it running..anyone out there know of the setting I would use to leave no drop items on corpses automatically when I am ML that everyone in the group passes on?...so far I click leave on corpse manually but there are some camp sites that drop a ton of these and it gets annoying clicking on large lists of these?
    Thanks
    Runes
  15. Mabbu #1 New Member

It took me about 2 months of using it to understand how to use it correctly in every situation ANd be 100% comfortable with it.

I hated it at first, I made groups do loot normal for a long time after it came out. I can tell you now that there is no way I would ever consider playing without it going forward.

If EQ ever shut down and only servers remain, they better figure out how to get this feature coded in. I'll never play EQ without it again.

But as they stated above..yes...it has a learning curve.

Invest the time in if your a hardcore player...learn the difference between solo advance loot and grouping, build up your filters....you'll never go back..especially if you're a hardcore player.
    PathToEternity likes this.
  16. Cainen Augur

I disliked the loot system for about a day, and then I sat down and learned it over the course of an hour or two. I'll never go back, its the system I wish other MMOs would adapt. Give it a chance, learn how filters and autoloot work, build up your lists and learn to love it.
  17. Phantom Ghost Augur

Sound like an old person.. These kids and there technology, I don't like it.... I cannot survive in their world, so I'll just refer back to how they couldn't survive in mine, years ago.
  18. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Adv Loot is probably the greatest QoL feature Everquest has implemented in the past 13 years.
    Skuz, Renshu, lockjaws and 1 other person like this.
  19. Kahna Augur

You can wait until you just have a list of junk in the window then set the "Set all to" drop down menu (it's near the bottom) to "Leave on Corpse"
  20. Jaime Lannister Augur

Advloot was so awful when I first started using it. There was a learning curve and I just found it frustrating.
    Now I will never go back. I log into a game like WoW and wonder why the a game actually makes me click a corpse to loot something as trivial as coin.

Advloot is beautiful, and superior to most systems I've used. Get used to it, as nearly 100% of the groups you join will be using it. As with pretty much everybody else, you will hate it at first then love it once you get over the learning curve.
    lockjaws likes this.