Test Update 05/09/17 - Patch Notes and Discussion

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, May 9, 2017.

1. Ishtass Augur

Also just want to say +1 for adding achs for old world stuff. I love a reason to go back to do that stuff. Hope that trend continues until we're caught up.
    DruidCT likes this.
  2. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Perhaps leave it level limited until servers hit a certain expansion, when Naggy/Vox no longer matter since that's always been the concern and why it was locked in the first place?
    Bigstomp likes this.
  3. Venau Augur

Just wanted to take a sec to comment on changes to necro chaotic lines. It's fine that we are no longer able to land 2 versions of one spell on a single mob. Will it cost some dps? In a good amount of cases...yes...it will. I won't complain. Simply because other classes are seeing similar changes. So, that's cool.

BUT....if a shammy can use a single cast of his/her chaotic spell and get 2 DoTs to land 100% of the time.....isn't this where you (Ngreth) intend to take necros also? I just wanted to point this out now so a quick fix can be made. Cuz...well.....when necro DoTs are consolidated...there just might be a whole lot of other issues to work through:)

To clarify: Ngreth...I'm not whining. Just trying to be helpful and get certain odds and ends out of the way BEFORE the massive DoT changes occur.
  4. ~Mills~ Augur

Aristo handles spells and these changes. Good luck contacting him. But yes that is exactly what should have happened because he has since changed every line like this to work that way and the only reason necros never complained was because we could double dip. Now we can't and he should have changed our line to match the rest.
  5. Rodee New Member

Please, please, please tell me this means Troll Beastlords get their old alligator graphic pet back. That horrible abomination basilisk made me race change.
  6. Rotlust Augur

- Classic monsters across Norrath, celebrate! In classic zones (Lost Dungeons of Norrath and earlier), many creatures have reverted to their classic appearance. This change affects the following models: skeleton, bat, rat, snake, spider, drake, orc, goblin, puma, lion, kobold, zombie, mummy, basilisk/alligator, spectre, and wolf.

PLEASE tell me this will be in the game before Agnarr launches :D Thank you SO MUCH for this. you guys are really going all out!

Please add an option for Necro forms and pets too :)
  7. Bigstomp Augur

Agreed. Although finding them up will be impossible if a 105 can hit them (not sure, but I bet I could kill them in one oops riposte)
    To preserve the original naggy/vox, I'd just make naggy and vox from HH count. As well as the OMM missions.
  8. Zish Elder

Do the old model changes affect spectres too?
  9. Ishtass Augur

spectre is listed in the notes, (a few posts up even)

"This change affects the following models: skeleton, bat, rat, snake, spider, drake, orc, goblin, puma, lion, kobold, zombie, mummy, basilisk/alligator, spectre, and wolf"
  10. drEvil Lorekeeper

Hludwolf, were high risk LDONs just eliminated? Everytime I try to get the "high risk" version the mobs are extremely puny only hitting for ~543 damage max. Shouldn't the high risk version be hitting for 800-1000? I have tried with level 90s and then 3 level 70's who all got the easy version.
  11. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

For those asking the model changes do NOT affect pets, at least, at the time of this posting. I believe pets still pull their model from the global file instead of the zone.
  12. Rotlust Augur

Please apply the changes to models to let spells from those eras and forms like lich. I'd even be happy with a clicky that turns me/them into old model skelly and specter
  13. Coronay Augur

Old spell casting graphics would just be the most epic cherry ontop. ;)
  14. Mithra Augur

I have to agree, I strongly remember max hit of hard ldon 65s to be around 900, not the current 550 that we are being given.
  15. Orbital101 Augur

I have yet to see Grachnist the Destroyer *not* up in Warsilk Woods... This dude and is twins are always up 4-5 times at once when I dont even think Gibold Goblin Stomper exist unless it as been added recently?
  16. Forcallen Augur

Since you guys are finally getting around to fixing necro's chaotic line and you have already made a tweak to try and offset the change, the increased proc chance for the differing ranks. Can you guys please do what was done for newer versions of this line for other classes for the same reasons (was a very long beta thread on the matter why it not casting its dots 100% of the time was a waste) and make it cast both dots 100% of the time.

As in:
    [50238/14660] Chaotic Venom
    Classes: SHM/104
    Skill: Conjuration
    Mana: 587
    Target: Single
    Range: 200'
    Resist: Unresistable, No Sanctification
    Reflectable: No
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0.1s, Recast: 42s, Timer: 17
    Duration: 6s (1 ticks) Song, Dispelable: Yes
    Hate: -1
    1: Cast: Reef Crawler Blood
    2: Cast: Nectar of Woe
    3: Cast: Reefmaw's Bite Chance (10% Chance)
    4: Cast: Serisaria's Spear of Venom Chance (10% Chance)

Vs.:
    [44418/9650] Chaotic Liquefaction
    Classes: NEC/103
    Skill: Conjuration
    Mana: 2292
    Range: 200'
    Resist: Unresistable
    Casting: 3s, Recast: 6s, Timer: 14, Rest: 1.5s
    1: Cast: Chaotic Liquefaction Chance
    2: Cast: Scent of Dread

[44421] Chaotic Liquefaction Chance
    Range: 300'
    Resist: Unresistable
    Casting: 0s
    1: Cast: Liquefaction (45% Chance) <----- Make this 100%
    2: Cast: Pyre of the Lost (45% Chance) <------ Make this 100%
    3: Cast: Chaotic Liquefaction Potency (10% Chance) <---- Then just remove this.
    menown likes this.
  17. Rayzen Elder

Out of curiosity, why was HH put off until June 7th? May 31 , the Wednesday after memorial day would have at least been a better date, I'd think. Start and end June with HH Seb...exactly 30 days.
  18. Orbital101 Augur

are we to expect some type of reward from these old world hunter/raid achievements? o_O
  19. Bonnie New Member

Change Zlandi heart back to sword graphic plox
  20. Ngreth Thergn Developer

The ones that are for "future" expansion unlocks are optional. Then when that expansion unlocked, they will (in some cases may) be required in the new expansion. So for progression servers, they will eventually be completable, just not immediately.
    Zones that got a swap at some point will have the old version when the old version is available, and the new version once the appropriate expansion unlocks. An example of this is cazic thule. If you complete the old version before the swap, it will show in your achievement list. The meta achievements for these zones have an "or" component. Complete Old OR new.
    In the specific instance of hate, the "old" version of hate did not have any NPC that fit our criteria, so I didn't put one in for it

That is not decided at this time.