CoTF broken Quest from Restless Spirit stops progression

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by TomSawyer, May 5, 2017.

1. TomSawyer New Member

I've opened a "report" and been told to open a bug.
    I've created 2 /bug reports - no replies or even acknowledgement.
    I was told by Daybreak outsourced support that I needed to create a bug on DGC issue tracker.
    I've done that. No one has even looked at it.
    https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-1513
    I realize lots of folks may be long past this progression point but I've had to go back and run through the older progression I missed on sabbatical.

Please look at the link above if you are also stuck at this quest.

Regards,

TomSawyer
  2. CrazyLarth Augur

I was able to due the quest in the last two months

are you talking about step#4 or getting the quest?

if step 4 then the NPC moves outside the mines- to hail.
    Step #4:
    - Speak to a restless spirit 0/1
    --- Hail update to complete.

good luck
  3. Kallitank Elder

I've done this quest several times in the last few weeks.
  4. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Just tried this, hailing the Restless Spirit gave no response/quest text to start the mission and attempting to request it by just saying "I am willing" gave no response either.

No invis/mount/active tasks.
  5. TomSawyer New Member

to anyone who has not tried this since the last daybreak update on the 25 or 26 (don't remember which). It Don't worky. Specific to CT (I can't speak for other servers).
    You can't get a response from the quest mob to even start the quest (quest phrase willing).
    Three other players I personally know have also tried to no avail.
    thanks for your input.
  6. Malbro Augur

It doesn't work on Luclin either.
  7. CrazyLarth Augur

it does not work on Povar right now.
  8. TomSawyer New Member

Thanks Crazy
  9. TomSawyer New Member

Thanks Malbro
  10. Kallitank Elder

replying to my own thread to apologize to OP, I saw the reference to the guy outside the mines in the second post and thought that it was the quest giver you were referring to. The quest you mentioned is indeed broken, just tried it and no response.
  11. TomSawyer New Member

Thanks for the update Kallitank.
    No update from Daybreak or whomever they sub actual work out to.
    Nothing on the beta tracker - nothing. And of course no ninja fix either as its still broken.
    Is this the end of Daybreak? Are they done?
  12. Kharazdak Journeyman

Same here since the 4/25 patch and the patch a few days after that which I thought was supposed to fix the things the 4/25 patch broke. This was also mentioned in the 4/25 bugs thread. I just up voted the bug report you listed above. Hopefully this can be fixed soon - will be going on a month now soon.
  13. TomSawyer New Member

What blows my mind is the absolute absence of comments from anyone at daybreak or whomever runs this thing. In the "old" days at least there was support. Now we have an outsourced support that can't actually fix anything, nor can they inform the actual team that does fix things of issues.
    Real disconnect there.
  14. Kharazdak Journeyman

I've been checking in on the bug report you linked to. 10 days later and it's still unassigned.
  15. Kallitank Elder

I voted your ticket up, also put it in "bug" thread. Devs responded to posts about mob appearance but nothing on a broken quest. Maybe if the problem was you didn't know what color to dye your armor they'd have something to say.
  16. TomSawyer New Member

This quest now works after the May 17 update/reset.
    Perhaps it was the reset as they never mentioned it in the note.
    I'm just glad to be done with it.