Windows 10 EQ Install Issues

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Cone Transporter, May 9, 2017.

1. Cone Transporter New Member

Hey all - okay here is my deal....when the latest patch made EQ not compatible with my Windows XP, we ordered a brand new re-built pc - based upon the specs required via the EQ website. I have plenty of memory, and I transferred my graphics card from the older machine. At first I installed the direct X - that seemed fine. but when I tried to do the EQ install... it starts up, then I get a message saying either corrupted files or some other error... retry in 20 - 30 minutes....since this pc has all the specs requested from the EQ website, what the heck is the problem ??? Can anyone help end this misery ? Thanks
  2. Funk Augur

I think there is something about using an old patch to work with XP, and that XP is no longer really supported. Not 100% on this but try to search around for using old patch to work with XP, good luck.
  3. Cone Transporter New Member

I think you mis-understood.....I no longer have XP.... I have a new re-built pc that operates on Windows 10
  4. Funk Augur

Ahh my bad, sorry.
  5. Vizula-Emarr Elder

did you do a new install of everquest or try to copy your old files, people seem to think thats a good idea for whatever reason.
  6. Cone Transporter New Member

I did a new install off of the EQ website .....My old PC won't be back in working order until I get a new graphics card for it....probably not till next month...
  7. Vizula-Emarr Elder

hmm, perhaps it being new its still downloading a ton of windows updates, 1 at a painful time and maybe was doin during the eq install /shrug. might just have to redo.
  8. Cone Transporter New Member

How can I tell if my pc is currently updating windows ?
  9. Cone Transporter New Member

Seems to be having issues after creating Dranikshollows.egg ... It creates it, then retries it twice, and then error
  10. smash Augur

Then go search for that zone in this forum.
    And 1 of number of posts about that file and u find solution.
  11. Gialana Augur

There are several post about that file being corrupted, so people can never do a complete fresh install from the Launchpad. With the problems you describe, it appears that file, unfortunately, is still not fixed on DBG's side. If you still have your old computer, you can copy all of the Dranikshollows.eqg files to your new system. Then you should be able to complete the download through the Launchpad.
  12. Cone Transporter New Member

Great.... I have to wait until the person who set this up for me. returns from vacation....which is 2 weeks away................I still have many of the old EQ CDs..... I wonder if I could start with those
  13. Gialana Augur

There should be other solutions as well. In some of the other threads, people have made a non-corrupt version of the file available and possibly given instructions on how to put the file into your EQ directory.
  14. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

#1 old cd's will probably not affect the install since the files will still update and you will get the error again.
    #2 If you are getting the corrupted dranick message then you have to delete all of the dranikhollows files and replace with a non corrupted dranikshollows.eqg
    #3 Thanks in advance go to Sirene Fippy for posting this some months back: Not sure if it will help, but here's a dropbox link to his copy of this file:
    dranikhollowsc.eqg