Something Fun

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Aurastrider, May 7, 2017.

1. Aurastrider Augur

The forums are usually so serious which is fine but this is a game after all and I hope we are all here to have a little fun. With that said what things in the great world of Norrath make you say "what?" and scratch your head. I don't mean bugs or faulty quests I mean things that you could not possibly explain here on planet earth. Here are a couple of examples:

Snakes that kick.... I am pretty sure snakes on Norrath have invisible legs right?

How about all the darn rusty daggers and sandals polluting every water source in the world? Who exactly is throwing all these daggers and sandals into the water and why?

Fire mobs that can be damaged by fire? I know fire spells are magical but then why are there magic based spells. I mean isn't that slightly redundant saying I am going to cast a magical magical spell?

Please be respectful to others when you "know" the answer to their question and have fun. Hopefully we will all be enlightened by something we never even noticed or thought about.
  2. Basak Augur

Programming Error, they are Warriors in class.

Watch yourself else the Norrath Mafia will get you too.

Magic is Arcane. So you have Fire Magic and Arcane Magic. Magic is just the term used for any ability that uses mana.
  3. Pootle Elder

On the subject of kicking snakes.... you (well, thiefs) can pickpocket them!!!
  4. Kallitank Elder

My merc and I have been together a long time. I've given her a nice new name, worked hard to get her great gear and level her up. I make sure she never gets aggro and gets pounded on and generally made her feel welcome. Still looks at me indifferently.
    Lily, Kajira and eqgamer like this.
  5. fransisco Augur

If a enemy is close enough to scowl at you, ready to attack - why does it not just attack?
    Aurastrider and Axxius like this.
  6. Lily Augur

If you pick the pockets of Bubonians in CoD, sometimes you get their heads.
    Why is it you forage rabbit meat in nearly every zone, but almost never see rabbits?
  7. Mykaylla Augur

The rabbit population has clearly been denuded by all the damnable foragers.
  8. Angahran Augur

Two pet hates:
    1: corpses all speak... e.g. a snakes corpse says 'aargh, you killed me.' (shouldn't be too difficult to fix it so it doesn't say the mobs corpse?) (p.s. everything can speak common ??)

2: backwards conversations. Someone hails a mob, but you see the following: Mob says 'hello bob, how can I help you today?', followed by 'Bob says, Hail Mob'.
  9. Tevik Augur

“You’ve ruined your own lands, you’ll not ruin mine!”

Look, you scruffy-looking Nerf herder. I live in a beautiful, thriving city and you're stuck in a cave. Don't talk to me about ruining your dank little filth-hole.
    Aurastrider likes this.
  10. fransisco Augur

maybe he worked hard to make it dank.
  11. Axxius Augur

It used to be correct, the mob used to say the death text immediately before turning into a corpse. It got changed in GoD or OoW, there was some change affecting the corpses, and as a side effect they started saying the death text immediately after dying. And it's been that way ever since. I've complained about it many times over the years, but nothing has been done about it.