Necro for group game?

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Kallitank, May 6, 2017.

1. Kallitank Elder

Hello all,
    I used one of my free heroic toons to start a Necromancer. Always liked the thought of the class but I've never tried one. My question is , since all I do is group content (and I box) will a necro ever be able to shine? With my current group mobs don't last past 30 seconds, will the necro have time to add much to the group? I lack any knowledge of Necro's other than they are king of the DoT, any help would be great.
  2. Tucoh Augur

I regularly group with a top-level necro. Most EoK tier 2 mobs last about 20 seconds for our group.

Because necros are a sustained DPS class, their value increases the longer mobs last. So in groups that are killing mobs quickly, necros suffer like you say.

However, good groups also kill multiple mobs at a time. So between the 30k DPS totem necros get and stacking fast dots on multiple mobs that aren't being killed first, I find my necro partner does very well.
    Kallitank likes this.
  3. Kallitank Elder

Kinda like I figured then, probably not the best fit for my group. I generally pull one at a time and almost never just grind XP, I just level and AA as it comes. Still think I'll raise one up because I really really really wanna try one out. So I guess I've got a lot of research ahead of me.
  4. Wyvern Lorekeeper

I love my necro - he is still my favorite, but boxing is not fun with a necro. I box necro with my SK or a mage but I still prefer to solo/molo on my necro. My SK is low dps and allows time for using dots. I would never want to use necro in a 3+ box setup, they are just slow dps. Necro can make a decent puller in a box setup, but your better off with a bard, monk etc.