Macro question

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Kyllvyn, May 4, 2017.

1. Kyllvyn Journeyman

I think there used to be a macro you can do to attack the target of your target. ie I assist the main tank of the group; or I cast a Heal spell on the target of the bad guy.

Just can't remember what it is or if it was doable in EQ.
  2. Vizula-Emarr Elder

Something other than /assist <name>?
  3. Kyllvyn Journeyman

I think I tried that already and it didn't work. Must have done something wrong.
  4. Tucoh Augur

If you type
    /assist on

It'll turn on auto attack when you type /assist or /assist Tucoh

To my knowledge there's no button you can press that will cast a spell on your target's target.

There's also no way to view the health of the target of your target's target. Which would be immensely valuable for healers to see when if the boss switches aggro (though they use the ETW for a work around).
  5. Vizula-Emarr Elder

My guess is you have additional skills in that macro and your not doing pauses correctly.
  6. Vizula-Emarr Elder

Should look like,

/pause 6, /assist Tucoh
    /cast 1.

Or

/pause 6, /assist Tucoh
    /pause 35, /cast 1.
    /cast 2.

Puase tells your macro to wait that time til it reads next line.
  7. svann Augur

Wahts that period do?
  8. nantalbus Elder

don't need the .

but to assist the mt its

line 1 pause 05, /assist mt
    line 2 pause 35, cast #

to heal who ever the mob has targeted can do something like this

line 1 pause 05, /assist random toon name.
    line 2 pause 05, /assist.

doing this will 1st get you targeted on the mob then get you target on whoever the mob has targeted.
  9. Kyllvyn Journeyman

Have not been doing the /pause 6
    Which might be the problem.

What's a good number to have after the /pause ?

In a couple of the above examples you have different pause numbers.
  10. HeatherPurrs Augur

/pause # is the pause following the command line. So in a /pause #, /Cast # line the /pause # should be the total casting time plus the recovery time of the cast. So for example /pause 25 (2.5 seconds really 2.4 but I digress) /cast 1 the time is 2.4 seconds for cast and recovery.
  11. svann Augur

for the pause after assist
    /pause 5, /assist main
    the assist command doesnt take much time, but it can take a little bit of time for the server to process and get back to you. The 5 means 0.5 seconds which should be plenty unless you are on dialup or something. You can experiment to see what is needed or if any pause at all is needed. Probably you will only need 1 there iirc.

I dont think you need a pause in the cast line since you can see it casting and dont do anything until it finishes. What a pause on a cast line is good for is if you want to add another cast after that in the macro.
    /pause 35, /cast 1
    /cast 2
    That will cast 1, wait 3.5 sec, then cast 2
  12. Vizula-Emarr Elder

Yes sorry, the period was an accident. Just to clarify some stuff people have touched on...

/pause 35, /cast 1 is NOT it casts the spell then waits 35. Its wait 35 while casting, so if its a spell you need enough pause for the cast and the bar cooldown/global cooldown.

Personally, i add 20 to the cast time. Its enough and then a tad for any lag/delay. I use 6 when its paired with things like /stopcast or /assist to give time for cancellations/target swaps.
  13. moogs Augur

14. Reincarnated Lorekeeper

Pauses can be different also, you have to play around with the numbers to get them to all work right. My normal assist and cast macro would look something like this:

/assist Tucoh
    /pause 6
    /cast 1
    /pause 33
    /cast 2

Rinse and repeat.

or

/assist Tucoh
    /pause 6
    /pet attack
    /pause 10
    /cast 1

It's purely trial and error for the most part, but if your boxing, you always want to assist your MT, or if you leave no player name after assist it will simply assist whomever you have targeted at the time.

I wasn't aware that you could do something like the following:

/assist Tucoh
    /pause 6
    /cast 1
    /cast 2

This specific option I would think would fail because of the lack of a pause. If your pause isn't as long as the refresh time on your casting ability then it will simply skip over the next spell and not ever cast.

A /cast is NOW, another /cast is NOW, so 2 NOW's don't work, just the first one.
    A /pause is LATER.. so NOW /cast 1 (/pause 30) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . NOW /Cast 2
  15. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You guys are working way to hard at coming up with ways to work not so hard!:p

Disclaimer: This is meant to be a joke, if you do not get it then just move on.