Questions for Professional SK's

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by hein, May 5, 2017.

1. hein Augur

I'm just curious of spell sets and Hot keyed AA's. Sometime I'm just overwhelmed with everything, and all the AA's that can be hotkeyed. I was curious what your core go to spell list and AA hotkeys are and what rotation you use when doing dungeons, such as Dead Hills etc..

My SK is 92, with 8k AA.

I mostly just pull, toss a Hate AA cast, leach spells, and taunt. I have the spire AA's, a dics, and vissage Death for boss fights. I also toss snare, and insta-cast poison Dot's too.

What's your go too rotation and what AA would you say is your top 5, always using or ready to use?

Thanks!
    Zish likes this.
  2. Coronay Augur

3. Zish Elder

This is what I do:

First off, make sure you have the Weapon Stances AA. It'll give you a huge reduction in damage taken when you use a shield, and it will double your damage when using a two-hander.

One of the main things you'll need to get used to is the fact that auto-attack makes up the majority of your dps. I tried to use DoTs for a while, but realized their damage was not worth memming or casting.

Here's my bindings and what I use, somewhat in order of importance:

1 - Vicious Bite & Bite Spell [Weak but good until 100, each will restore ~7% of your mana. Best used after Dicho.]
    2 - Gashing Blade CA + Auto Attack + Pet Attack [Usually spam this to hit something]
    3 - Spear Spell + Quick Spear AA [When you want a quick nuke]
    4 - Pet Sacrifice AoE Spell [A great damaging, low-cost aoe nuke]
    Alt 1 - HP Buff Drain Spell + Normal Drain Spell [For when you need a little extra hp]
    Alt 2 - Dicho Drain Spell + Dire Drain Spell + First Spire AA [Dicho is like a 60s cooldown leech touch, it's amazing]
    Alt 3 - Blight DoT Spell [The only DoT I use, for when I need a little extra kick, or to pull]
    F - Helix of the Undying AA [When you want to slow Undead]
    Alt Q - AoE Drain Spell + Bargain AoE Spell [For any aoe situation]
    Alt R - Terror Spell [A quick taunt]
    E - Hate Step AA [A very handy Blink]
    Alt E - Hate's Attraction AA [Death Grip]
    Alt F - Death's Effigy [Get out of jail free FD]
    Shift Q - Explosion of Hatred AA [AoE taunt around your target]
    Shift C - Swarm Pet AA [Extra dps kick]
    Shift X - Skin Spell [Your Skin line of spells reduces damage from attacks]
    Shift 1 - Summon Companion AA [To call your pet to you]
    Shift 2 - Snare AA [Snare AA]
    Shift 3 - Soul Flay AA + Scourge Skin AA [For using Soul Flay since it is useless, and to have an extra Damage Shield]
    Shift M3 - Leech Touch [Another get out of jail free card - it's Lay on Hands]

Additional:
    Withstand CA line [Use this any time you are tanking, low cost, low cd]
    Influence CA line [Get this later on, it heals you and your pet, and increases pet's damage]

Mantle CA line [Your normal big mitigation buff]
    Deflection CA [pause all hits from the front]

Spite CA [It adds a lifetap or sumthin]

Scarlet Blade CA [A gigantic nuke, bigger than Harm Touch]
    Thought Leech AA [A gigantic nuke, that heals your MP and END based on damage dealt - use with Visage]
    Visage of Death AA [Increases your damage by a lot.]

phew. hope that helps some.

Edit --- some other stuff I forgot:
    There's also Reflexive Rancor CA which is just another 10 minute CD strike you can tie into any keybind.
    Death Peace AA - for when you just want a normal FD
    Rigor Mortis CA - for when you want a chance to fade, I guess?
    Unholy Aura Disc - alt epic click
    Epic Click - super important
    Purity AA - for cleansing

Make use of bandolier.

I'll add more if I think of it.
    Drusi and Quatr like this.
  4. Zish Elder

Let me know if that helps, I actually put some effort into it.
  5. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Do professional SKs get paid?
  6. Insaneox Augur

Professional SK's wear suits and ties!
  7. Wyvern Lorekeeper

(SK Hotkeys & Spells)
    At your level some of the AA and spells will not be available till higher levels.
    Use the search option to find what you need.
  8. Murphy Elder

Your job as an SK is to tank..period. Don't confound a simple setup with detail that is designed to give you 15% more DPS. With BoxQuest (not a pejorative btw) what's happening on your other character designed to burn them down is worth that time you wasted squeezing out dps in the SK.