So...how to DPS witha shamy?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Totonga, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

spell lineups are definitely situational just like any other casting class. When raiding my spell lineup pretty much always looks like this:
    Krasir's Mending, Reckless Regeneration, Reckless Restoration, Shear of Renewal, Historian's Intervention, Krasir's Recourse, Lion, Glacial Gift, Spiritual Swell, Alliance, + 2 situational spells.
    Unless you don't have enough necros on raids, shamans shouldn't be dotting.

for named mobs:
    Krasir's Mending, Reckless Regeneration, Reckless Restoration, Shear of Renewal, Historian's Intervention, Krasir's Recourse, Lion, Alliance, Chaotic Venom, Hemocoraxus's Pandemic, Garugaru, and Sraskus' Drowse.

for regular group content: swap chaotic and hemocoraxus' with the fast DoTs. Otherwise you're just wasting your mana.

a couple other points:
    - If your tank is up to par, dropping counterbias in favor of AA slow is worthwhile.
    - Shear is ALWAYS worth keeping up now. (Even in raids. Clerics HoT might overwrite ours, but it does not block it anymore so the 9k bonus to the next 3 direct heals (from synergy) still procs and is very worthwhile if you follow it up with a twincasted splash from spiritual swell/glacial gift combo. Splashing for 80-90k on crits is $$$. )
    - Using alliance in group is very useful if you keep a merc healer up or have another priest in group. it basically means you never have to heal anyone but the tank. I personally drop Krasir's Mending for it in those situations.
    - If you need glacial gift or splash when grouping, you need to get a better tank. better to swap them for dots.
    - Melee as a shaman isn't a bad thing, but you'll only really add 20-30k dps at best. and only then if you cast sparingly, which will lower your ADPS for your group. it's a lose/lose situation and you're pretty much only justified in seriously doing it if you have a low dps group or are in a primarily caster group. obviously every dps added is dps added though, so if you're just trying to bump up group's output a little then swing away!
  2. Brohg Augur

Propaganda
  3. Raccoo Augur

Not true. Just don't use low dps dots like Languid Bite and Feral bite (stupid rabid bear proc) when you have 3+ necros.
  4. Phrovo1 Augur

I thought the Mending line was overall just lacking due to being slow?
  5. Raptorjesus5 Augur

I guess I just don't do challenging enough content :oops: because it's never been an issue for me, between mending and the 2 aoe heals as my 'fast heals'.
  6. Brohg Augur

Doesn't need to be double heals in that time (though it could be, like you say, in challenging content). With that extra time you could be dropping in the Serpentil's/Sephry's, or just a Bite, to augment your melee. The thread is how to dps, after all :)
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  7. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

I suppose if all the other classes aren't wasting debuff slots then you might be right. but if you have 3 or more necros in raid it's going to be pretty tight getting anything worthwhile in DoT wise. if you don't have at least 3 necros on raids then you don't have enough necros and you can see my previous statement =).

Chaotic + Hemocoraxus take up 4 slots (6 temporarily) and put out what, 100k-115k dps tops? add garugaru and you're pushing maybe 130k for 6 debuff slots... assuming you're in a melee dps group as a shaman should be that is, so you don't get any real spell adps. it can be worthwhile, but at least in my guild necros get whiney if they run out of slots to dot the mob.

also, if you're going to be DoTing on raids, invest in FD potions and the FD ring from sky, you'll need them on many events.
  8. Raccoo Augur

If you have a bard and/or ranger you get some adps for dots. Don't use chaotic venom at the beginning of scarlet cheetah (it will possibly use up the twincasts on nukes). I use Sraskus, Garugaru, Hemocoraxus combo, Chaotic venom, and Livio's. I agree about the FD potions. Got stuck on the pegasus island for the FD ring though. :\
  9. Vindicate Elder

Technically, if I was worried about overall raid dps and not personal dps, I'd tell necros to stop casting their 4 worst dots and tell shaman to cast their 4 best. I'm sure the 16th or 17th dot in the chain that necros are casting proooooobably isnt doing what the lowest shaman dot is doing for dps at the moment. That way buff slots wouldn't be wasted, but if its a contest to see who is best!!!! I can out heal any necro any day of the week.

and languid bite crits for 45k!!! thats free dps! raaar!
    and rabid bear is awesome, there's nothing more ferocious than a GIANT RAID BEAR barfing heals and crits and nukes and dots and heals and ROARING all with the push of 1 button. For entertainment value alone that button push is worth it...