One Warriors opinion

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Kallitank, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Chaosflux Augur

Exactly
    fransisco likes this.
  2. Tucoh Augur

I can't comment on paladins but I can say that my warrior's riposte aggro is so high that I don't even bother with harmonious expanse in most conditions any more. My berserker will kick off an arcslice/rampage pretty soon after engagement and never pulls aggro. When my mage had rains integrated in her rotation it'd be fine if I got a few ripostes in.
  3. Triconix Augur

Which is why I don't even bother using it. It's just a badly designed ability.

Not they shouldn't have it. Nobody should. It should be removed from the game. No single person should be able to do half their job without needing to be at a keyboard.
    Krazzi likes this.
  4. fransisco Augur

Agreed. But if they are not going to remove it from war and SK, then paladin needs it in order to compete.
  5. Dre. Altoholic

I suspect that's got more to do with Phalanx of Fury than a couple hundred points of riposte agro.
    Tucoh likes this.
  6. Kallitank Elder

I had assumed he was talking about AoE killing, don't see any other reason to pull 10 at a time.
  7. Chaosflux Augur

Less time pulling, more named PH killed per hour, more chances at gear, or just more accomplished in a shorter amount of time.

My beast has a PBAOE and 3 target melee attack.

Generally we are cycle dotting the first 3 targets on XT because that's about the limit at one time I can reliably hold aggro, as one dies we move down XT. Plus it means I as a group member i am doing more dps via ripostes and passive dps from DS which when multiplied across packs of mobs is a reasonable enough increase over minimal pulling all things considered to justify the increased risk.

If it's necessary I can park/split packs but that takes time and if it isn't necessary why waste the time?
  8. Kallitank Elder

Still doesn't add up for me. You've already said it wasn't sustainable, so I just don't see risk/reward in doing it. There's very little chance that it saves time in the long run and zero chance it's as safe as pulling 1to 3 at a time.
  9. Kallitank Elder

After thinking about it , maybe we just play totally different. I never grind and kill just for XP, just get it as it comes thru progression. If I'm trying to spawn namers, I just kill the ph'er if possible. In this expac with the ph'ers being so far apart usually, I still don't see getting more named by pulling more trash.
  10. Chaosflux Augur

Well I've been back a month and ground out 4500aa and had a bunch of gear to get.

Pulling more allows more dps, which can be the difference between clearing 4 or 5 different named PH and maybe just 2 or 3.

So it certainly can have an effect on your mathematical probability of having a piece of armor drop.

If you have let's say a 10% chance/named to get a pop, on 2 named your relative chances are less then a 10% chance/named to get a pop on 5 named.
  11. Kallitank Elder

I'm not disagreeing with you, when I'm camping namers I kill as many different ph'ers as possible too, but I just kill the ph'ers not the trash too.
  12. Chaosflux Augur

I would totally do that too but I feel dirty if I am not burning glyphs. #lostsecrets
    Kallitank likes this.
  13. Kallitank Elder

I'm not saying it can't be done, but certainly not by me. I think I play my Warrior pretty well and have a good handle on his discs/abilities, I'm by no means top of my class, but I know how to play. 10 seems pretty impossible to me, but I run with a merc doing most of the healing, anything over three is extremely dicey for me. Hell, I've wiped to one trash mob. (I blame the merc).
  14. Insaneox Augur

This is how you play a pally the right way.
  15. Seldom Augur

Playing a Paladin the "right way", or any class for that matter, is often highly subjective. Some aim to be as efficient and quick as possible. Others aim to take things at a more slow/safe pace as that's what they define as "fun". If a Paladin is tanking and main healing in a full group in today's game, they and their group is leaving a ton of DPS, EXP and loot behind at the end of their grind no matter skill/gear level. I've seen Shadowknights FD split things and Bards/Enc's mezz things with raid geared tanks in group. Not efficient way to play IMO in current age but it's available style and can be done. No matter how you slice it they too are leaving dps, exp, etc. on plate as well though. Not my cup of tea but to each their own
  16. Bigstomp Augur

Fair enough, but they can do it. Pallys are amazing all around. SK's are amazing in certain situations (more so than pallys), like ae aggro, and their taps help keep em up but they can't heal a group.
    Wars are extra beefy, we need a healer but as long as we have one that isn't afking we're pretty beefy too, although I would say the weakest "group tank" although in a raid where we have more than one healer looking at us we're rock stars (the more healers needed to keep you alive, the more the warrior shines, as we mitigate best)