LFG Rogue!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Vorid, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Vorid New Member

I want to play a rogue for the new TLP. I know, their dps is bad during Classic but gets better in Kunark. Will I be LFG all day long or do you think the amount of groups going I will get invites? Would you invite a rogue to the group or skip them over for almost anyone else?
  2. Devante Lorekeeper

I'll be playing SK/Shm and I'll invite you. I know how bad it sucks to level a rogue on tlps. To answer the questions though, If it's between a rogue and any other dps lfg , most* will take the "any other". It's a shame rogues never got jack to compete after all these years in regards to tlps. Although, if you happen to get bis at PoP lvl, you will definitely compete.
  3. Ellis Elder

I'd take you unless i really needed the utility from another class. If all I'm missing is DPS hop aboard.
  4. eqenthusiast1983 Elder

Do not make a rogue, they are so bad now. They are completely useless. Their dps isn't even good, not even in PoP. They have no utility that's worth anything.

Just don't do it, you'll thank me.

If you want to go melee, go monk, you can solo a lot, top dps for a long time, pulling power, fd, etc etc.
  5. eqenthusiast1983 Elder

A rogue BiS all PoP gear will not compete with a same level geared monk or ranger.

Rogues are completely broken and useless.
  6. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Rogues are worse than monks in every expac/era that Agnarr will see. And far, far worse in classic.
  7. Rhoulicas Augur

Loved my Rogue on the Quarm server..one of my favorites. SoS is fun, especially when you're not boxing. Even with some of the PoP weapons, rogues are really that obsolete?
  8. Tachyon Augur

Rogues rock! All these DPS hawks are clueless. They get all worked up over a few percentage points on their little hit meters and forget about playing the game!!

They are the few and the proud. They don't afk every 20 minutes. They don't continuously talk about how great their gear is. They work for their place and they do it with class!
  9. ChangedName Lorekeeper

Had a monk challenge everyone in our guild on Fippy on a PoP PoT Boss. Anyone that could out dps him he would give a AoN. There are three of us rogues still waiting for him to give up that AoN. The clown finished fourth behind three rogues. The guild was Ascendency, but can't remember the monk's name.

Monks pull. Rogues DPS.
    Troubadurix likes this.
  10. Algorithm New Member

I played Rogue on Phinny at launch in Classic and back again in at the end of Kunark/Velious. I just cannot advise playing it as your first character. It is abysmal in classic....I bought a SBD as soon as I could afford it (probably overpaid) and sat in plane of fear at 46 just to loot the no drop rapier as soon as I could. If you care at all about the weight you carry in the party you will not feel good playing it. Once Kunark comes out and we get the double backstab and weapons that arent complete garbage it does improve immensely.

I would highly advise playing Rogue as an alternate character more towards the end of Classic.
  11. Aaramis Augur

The same could be said about most melee classes (except Monk), though. Classic is going to suck, there's no 2 ways about it.
    But once Kunark hits, Rogues can either do their epic, or just grab a rabid chokidai fang from Chardok, and suddenly dps is pretty good.

As for PoP-era, I'm not sure exactly how Rogues rank, but I can't see a double backstab every 6 seconds or so for what is the equivalent damage of a Wizard nuke being terrible dps....
  12. snailish Augur

My experience playing a rogue to 60 on Phinny was that I had best be prepared to form up the group. If I was willing to sit in the popular zone lfg (sometimes for an hour or more) than I could probably get an invite.It didn't even really help that I was in a casual leveling guild with strong numbers... which was a let down (even within the guild was a bias preference to take the rogues last, though all melee being over-represented felt it too). The raid portion of the guild was closed to rogue despite them being one of the smallest-population classes on the server.

I was very gear dependant, but once I had some good gear (arguably best in slot droppable in 80% of my slots) I could contribute but that was costly. I got to tank in CoM and Velks (by being a bit high for the camps in Velks). I probably would have leveled 10x faster as a tank or healer class. Not sure how Agnarr will be for that. I did start playing my rogue after launch, having tried a few other classes in original era. It might be slightly better if one stays with the core leveling population rather than being with the alts and slower levelers.

Myself, despite enjoying the class mechanics will probably not play one again on progression. I realistically need viable solo play as part of the mix and rogue doesn't really fit that.

Having said all of that... play what you want. I am willing to group with any class and don't mind sub-optimal group makeups. The actual player is more important than the class. Not everyone thinks that way though.
  13. Basak Augur

I will be boxing, not sure what classes yet, and by that also don't know my starting location. But I would always welcome Rogues into my groups, they are one of my favorite classes and If I didn't want to make a tank I would have gone Rogue.
  14. ayoforYayoh Augur

I feel like this one needs more rogue mains to comment. I'm considering playing a rogue with how popular SK's are on TLP servers. I'm seeing completely opposite views on this particular subject in every thread i've searched on it.

To weed out trivial complaints (to me) lets assume this is purely for a raiding perspective. things such as not cool looking in armor or lack of snare etc don't matter to me. What matters to me is when i finally have the sword of a thousand truths on this awesome class ive yet to main will my numbers just really be THAT far behind x other classes numbers?

Basically, are rogues bad because of the literal damage they are capable of putting out regardless of stats or gear? or is is more of a "they're fine if you're ok with waiting for AA's" consensus? I've seen opposite arguments on it yet the same for each side.

lets also rule out "just play what you like kum ba yah"....being desired in guilds IS the fun part to some of us. i can enjoy hitting buttons on many classes tbh.
  15. eqenthusiast1983 Elder

As someone who played a rogue on phinny, from classic to PoP, I can safely tell you, no.

Rogues are simply terrible, and broken.

They have no utility that's useful, their dps is on the low scale of all other dps classes.

They just suck, there is no reason to have a rogue, in your group or raid, or make one.
  16. eqenthusiast1983 Elder

All you do is backstab, you are constantly trying to chase the mob around, and mobs flip a lot during classic and kunark, just the mechanics of the fight.

Their damage is low, even with best weapons and best AA, still they don't compare to monks and rangers.

This is from someone who mained a rogue on phinny from classic to POP, they are complete .

Please people listen to me, don't make a rogue.
  17. Acen Elder

I always invite rogues because I admire the effort. They really need to help that class out.
  18. eqenthusiast1983 Elder

Yea they just need some more utility. Like pulling, tracking, something to make them worth inviting to group.

They should be given Sos in classic in my opinion, and given a 5 min cooldown, so at least they can get in and out of combat quicker, to have some kind of contribution.

The rogue class is extremely broken in EQ.
  19. Acen Elder

Yea pocket sand to the face or something.
  20. Basak Augur

lol - I always thought they should get Tracking since they are technically a scout class, it only makes sense. But also think they should get Feign Death, they supposed to be masters of deception, seems logical to be able to deceive people with a fake death.