Best puller for start of agnarr

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kanuvan, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Kanuvan Elder

What you think will be the best pullers at the start of agnarr, prefer melee class
  2. minchslc New Member

3. Machentoo Augur

What is your goal? Breaking the camp, or pulling non stop with no downtime for xp?

If you want to break the camp, have a cleric in group, and don't mind waiting a while, monk is great. If FD fails, he can just die and get a rez back and get right back to splitting.

If you are in a camp or situation that needs constant splitting, or cc, enchanter. On the rare case that paci gets resisted, the enchanter can mez the adds, and probably has a charm pet that can crush everything anyway. Sure, you might occasionally wipe in spectacular fashion, but that's why you have a cleric in the group.
  4. Rhodz Augur

Monk just that simple. People that want to pull play monk period.
    Sure other classes can pull just fine but the people that want to pull are playing monks.
    If I wanted to pull I would play a monk, since I don't and won't, I don't... done more than my share let someone else pick the cotton.
  5. Ming Tee Augur

Me, just haven't decided on a class... =P
  6. Troubadurix Lorekeeper

Monk...bard.... stuff like that.
  7. Kobra Augur

Necro is easily a top puller in classic for exping if you know what you're doing. Can pull singles way faster than a monk and don't lose any dps while pulling.
  8. Troubadurix Lorekeeper

You haven't experienced a puller untill you've seen a bard pull at Orc Highway ;)
  9. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

As with most things in EQ the answer is it depends. Trying to split a room full of red cons in a tightly packed dungeon? Hard to beat a monk. They aren't dependent on lull/paci which can be resisted and end up pulling the entire room, and their FD is instant compared to necro/SK that have a cast time. If the mobs are yellow/even con or lower, anything with lull/paci usually works fine: bard, chanter, cleric, druid if it's outdoors. If you aren't splitting and it's more a matter of who can pull the highest volume of mobs in the shortest amount of time, bard is generally best with their superior run speed. Also you can start singing their little DD bellow song and go ahead and start running back toward camp before it hits the mob. Don't need line of sight, won't be interrupted because you were moving. Only limitation is range.
    Soon and Troubadurix like this.
  10. Aaramis Augur

This, but with Ranger in the "outdoors" category too.
    At certain level ranges and if outdoors, Rangers may actually be the the best pullers out there. Harmony, ranged pull (via bow), sneak. And should always be self-SoWed.
    Win.
  11. Polekn Augur

It is very rare that you would need to break the camp anymore. Player power had increased dramatically over the years. DGB buffed most raid targets, but in group game group of 2 can usually handle 4 mobs easily. You do not usually need CC in exp groups for the same reason.
  12. Numiko Augur

anyone with pacify ....
  13. Zeltari-Ragefire Lorekeeper

Face pull everything? classic is easy.
    Accipiter likes this.
  14. Kanuvan Elder

had no chance in my Lguk party without a puller on phinny so id say no

also how will people have player power in a set of cloth armor using fine steel morning stars? the power level is going to be terrible in agnarr, its not going to be people in full gloomingdeep so pulling safely will be necessary
  15. AgentofChange Augur

Idk if you actually played on Phinny or were just really bad but player power is absurd even in no gear. You will literally faceroll everything in classic. No group will need a "puller".
  16. Arrk Augur

The best part of having a monk pull is not the "camp breaks" that everyone is talking about.... Anyone can camp break... especially after the first rotation

What monks excel at is shaking off the "adds" that can happen... on the way back with 2 or 3, and you get bad wall agro .... FD

Now if you got a excellent group that knows how to play.. you can get by with a ranger pulling... cause if they die.. who cares
  17. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I'm curious why that is. What changed?
  18. AgentofChange Augur

From original EQ? Monk fist damage, pets, mana/health regeneration, player knowledge, game mechanics.... it's a long list
  19. fransisco Augur

If you can pacify, anything over a monk.
    FD splitting is finicky and takes soo much time.
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  20. Kobra Augur

Pulling is an art form and its clear almost none of you know what you're talking about. Pacify pulling is slow, FD splitting is slow.

Here is how you pull fast with very little adds.

You have to know the difference between indirect and direct aggro and you have to know the mechanics behind FD wiping aggro.

You want to pull a mob without training your group so here is what you have to do.

Step 1 know the pathing.

Step 2 mez the mob you don't want. This mob has direct aggro it will pass aggro to any social mobs in its path. The mob running at you now has indirect aggro. It cannot pass aggro. As long as you have some method of clearing aggro before your mez/root wears off you will get a single mob every time.

Step 3 clear the aggro in camp with FD. If you can make it to your camp before mez breaks and get a FD off you have 80% chance of ditching aggro (mob is still at spawn) plus there is a chance of a mez blurring the aggro too. FD mechanics change after mobs hit level 35 I think. If you FD a mob it only has like a 30% chance of ditching aggro unless its at its spawn point where it is 80%. These numbers were in a patch notes from 16+ years ago. Below mob level 35 mobs have a very high chance of blurring upon FD. If you have a good group you don't even have to worry about the mob blurring, just kill it when it comes in. Maybe it brings another add just mez it.

Only one class can pull this off regularly and its a necromancer. I guarantee using this method I can pull faster than any other pulling class in classic and still contribute DPS. In PoP a bard can do this kind of pull like nothing and have 100% chance of clearing aggro every time.