All Servers Coming Down?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fanra, Apr 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gesiah Elder

Downtime was extended by 2 hours -- New ETA is 10pm PDT.
  2. Kierrah New Member

Trying to decide if I wanna watch a movie or wait, suggestions Mr. Radar ;)
  3. Kierrah New Member

4. Irrelevant New Member

DB should hire some immediately, as they could do a far superior job than the current devs. The kids would probably even test the patches and hardware changes before any live changes were made. Crazy, I know.
    It's also really weird that most companies fire people who can't properly do their job on a regular basis, and replace them with someone who can.
    I've played off and on since day one, and I truly can't remember a single patch I've experienced where something didn't go wrong. That's pretty much the definition of inept.
    Ok, time for all of the sheople to pop up and defend DB. Those of you who don't believe in accountability or being responsible for your actions, it's your time to shine!
    Assuming your shift at McD's is over.
  5. HeardOfATestServer New Member

You guys need to learn what a test server is for and use it. I've only been back a month and this is the 2nd time you've had extra down time after a scheduled patch during prime time. In the real world that would be a dev's job or several. It's a game not a hospital admittedly, but you guys should be minimizing your down time, after all people are paying for this.
    Cakekizy and Kierrah like this.
  6. Khat_Nip Meow

7. Elricvonclief Augur

Folks, it must be major for them to do this during US primetime.

I'm glad they're doing it now, rather than dealing with all the issues that could result.
    Cactuszach and Chaosflux like this.
  8. RadarX Augur

Some issues are hardware specific and some only appear at scale or for various other reasons. While we do utilize feedback from everyone on it, unfortunately a Test server isn't a catch all.
  9. RadarX Augur

Servers have been unlocked!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.